test 8098

shatike

You write exactly the same way as warduke you even got the same score as him on the to exam you may have fooled others but not me all I had to do was compare one of your posts to figure this out . Notice how quickly you responded to the post after I called you war duke . Nice try

War duke aka messino

You write exactly the same way as warduke you even got the same score as him on the to exam you may have fooled others but not me all I had to do was compare one of your posts to figure this out . Notice how quickly you responded to the post after I called you war duke . Nice try

War duke aka messino

First off you are wrong, I am not the same person, I dont need to have multiple accounts and second you are ruining another thread with your weak posts that have nothing to do with what the original poster asked.

well here's an odd question (i dont THINK ive asked it before). how many times can you say "no" when they call you before they completely take you off the list? because if the wait is really gonna be as long as you guys say it will be, i'll be pushing 10 years at the post office, meaning i can collect a small pension for the rest of my life if i leave after june 2015. so if the (MTA) doesnt call me until somewhere around 2014 i might try to use delay tactics (risky, i know, considering they dont hire as much anymore and i would be losing seniority to people who scored lower than me, but its very hard to give up a guaranteed pension! someone at work told me you can say "no" 3 times before they take you off the list but he's not exactly reliable with his information

You only have to say no once. Then they will skip you and move on.

However, if you want to be restored to the list in your original order, you can ask to be restored to the list.

So, simply put, if that's what you want, decline the call when it initially comes, then restore your name to the list when you're ready.

But be aware the risk you are taking when you do that. If you wait too long, you won't get called at all for the job, and the clock starts over again...alllllllll the way back to waiting for the filing period to begin.

well here's an odd question (i dont THINK ive asked it before). how many times can you say "no" when they call you before they completely take you off the list? because if the wait is really gonna be as long as you guys say it will be, i'll be pushing 10 years at the post office, meaning i can collect a small pension for the rest of my life if i leave after june 2015. so if the (MTA) doesnt call me until somewhere around 2014 i might try to use delay tactics (risky, i know, considering they dont hire as much anymore and i would be losing seniority to people who scored lower than me, but its very hard to give up a guaranteed pension! someone at work told me you can say "no" 3 times before they take you off the list but he's not exactly reliable with his information

To add onto SubwayGuy's great response, I was told that you can decline an appointment a maximum of three times, after which your name will be removed from the list of eligibles for that current list. To again be considered for hiring, you would have to take the next exam for the same title. I'll try to find something official on that.

0 times. When they call you, decide then whether or not you want to take the job. If you say no it will likely be a kiss-of-death and you may not get the opportunity to accept it again.

Messino I have contributed very good information in these forums

I am not the one that had their account suspended because of your obnoxious

Attitude . Grow up and try posting correct information and not some bs like you always do

And stop coming under 2 names that's pretty immature .

mine is 2015. I don't know how decent that is or if its decent at all.

I see, well the way it's going when and if you are called up it'll likely be a long time from now. I didn't score well myself on C/R exam (1700's)so i have plenty of doubt. The way I see it however, it's better to be on the list then not. hell i remember a few months ago peeps from the very bottom of some Bus operator list were getting called up for processing. Obviously that's a totally different post with different needs but it certainly proves that there is a "you simply don't know factor" lol. I mean I'm sure plenty of those people had to be thinking "bah! I'm all the way at the bottom, lost case next".

I see, well the way it's going when and if you are called up it'll likely be a long time from now. I didn't score well myself on C/R exam (1700's)so i have plenty of doubt. The way I see it however, it's better to be on the list then not. hell i remember a few months ago peeps from the very bottom of some Bus operator list were getting called up for processing. Obviously that's a totally different post with different needs but it certainly proves that there is a "you simply don't know factor" lol. I mean I'm sure plenty of those people had to be thinking "bah! I'm all the way at the bottom, lost case next".

Well last C/R exam called just over 3000 people from the list. Not sure if T/O will go just as high. But both you guys are at least still in the running's. It may take a while to get your number but there is still a good chance they will.

mine is 2015. I don't know how decent that is or if its decent at all.

With a # like that you got a decent shot at it, but it'll be a wait for sure so try and find something else in the meantime if you haven't already.

If you're number is under 2800 for conductor you will get a call bottom line . You can quote me on that too

Pursuant to the Rules of the City of New York, Article 55, Appendix A, Rule IV, Section IV:

4.8.4. Effect of Withholding from Certification on Certification to a Like Position. A person whose name has been withheld from certification shall not be eligible for like certification until all eligibles on the eligible list upon which such person's name appears have been reached for like certification unless such person submits an explanation satisfactory to the commissioner of citywide administrative services for the declination or failure to reply or to accept appointment. Such explanation must be filed in writing with the department of citywide administrative services at any time prior to the expiration date of the eligible list.

4.8.5. Conditions for Restoration. (A) The name of an eligible for an original appointment which has been withheld from certification shall not be restored to such list for certification, except upon written request therefor by such eligible. No more than a total of three restorations shall be permitted.

(:(The name of an eligible for promotion to a higher position, which has been withheld from certification shall automatically be restored to the bottom of such list for certification. No more than a total of three restorations shall be permitted.

(C) The commissioner of citywide administrative services may, if the needs of the service require, restore names of eligibles covered by this paragraph 4.8.5 to a list without their written request. Such restorations shall not be included in the total of three restorations permitted.

Rules of the City of New York

If you're number is under 2800 for conductor you will get a call bottom line . You can quote me on that too

Don't forget we lost almost four months, from the time the list was established in February until June.

The last conductor list was established in august of 2005 and people were called in

October 2005 only a 2 month difference very insignificant

Well I hope you are correct and I WILL quote you on this when the time comes years from now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived