Favorite/Least Favorite Subway Car

jacsnyy

What are your favorite cars, and least favorite?

Personally, there will always be a place in my heart for the R40 Slants, when I used to walk through the cars from the front to the back of the train when it ran via Brighton Express as the (Qx). I love both R68's, and I think I will call those my favorite. They seem so dependable.

For Least Favorite, I hate and will always hate those R46's, and the R143 annoy me.

LOL it looks like we have an another R46 hater on the board. And i agree with you about the R143 that damn populsion sounds annoys me.

Well my favorites are...

1]The R68/A masterpiece of a train pure excellence of a train. The best in the fleet reliable smooth little to no bucking quiet. The R68/As are cadillacs on rails rolling limos.

2]R33ML Another well made train great relible fun to ride. Looks nice has cool rollsigns rides smooth for an IRT car. One of the best subway cars ever made still running storng in C div.

3]R32-R42 fleets Again more well made trains. Pure masterpiece in the making these cars gave 40 years of relible service. Fun to ride and have railfan windows. And have great heat and A/C can't go wrong with SMEE!!!

Now my least favorites.....

1]R142/A Oh god where do i start

-The populsion sound is annoying

-Have screeching brakes

-boring intorior

-heat and A/C never works right

-Bucks when leaving the station

-HAVC is too loud

-Makes weird noises

-And other problems which i don't feel like typing

2]NYCT R44

-Slow doors

-rotting frames

-Brake sounds that sounds like somebody is passing gas

-Doors have a mind of their own

3]R160

-FINDs never work

-The HAVC sucks

-annoying automated acnnocements

-Astom onix populsion is really annoying

-they're replacing trains with railfan windows

-Too many of them in service

-And other stuff which i don't feel like typing

Favorite Cars: R142A (just can't get enough of that propulsion), R143 (same propulsion as R142A), R160 (well, they're new), R32, R38, R40, R42 (RFWs).

Non-Favorite Cars: R44, R46 (me thinks ugly and they look the same... they have their ups and downs, R160 (for replacing my old tech trains, it's a love-hate relationship).

Neutral Cars: R62, R68. (Not too bad, good ride, not much to love though... except on RFW R62s)

What are your favorite cars, and least favorite?

Personally, there will always be a place in my heart for the R40 Slants, when I used to walk through the cars from the front to the back of the train when it ran via Brighton Express as the (Qx). I love both R68's, and I think I will call those my favorite. They seem so dependable.

For Least Favorite, I hate and will always hate those R46's, and the R143 annoy me.

Decided I'd do this a bit differently...and the Sander awards go to...!

Quietest Ride: Tie, R160, R44

Best Acceleration: R160

Best Brakes: R46

Best Interior: R46

Best Doors: All NTT's

Durability: R68/A

Smoothest Ride, Old Tech Train: Tie, R38, R62A

Best Acceleration, Old Tech Train: Tie, R40, R44, R42 (plenty of 0-10 pep)

and the Double-O-Sixed awards go to...!

Loudest Ride: Tie, all R32-42

Worst Acceleration: Tie, R32, R38

Worst Brakes: R68A

Worst Interior: R142/A

Worst Doors: Tie, R44, RR46

Worst Durability: R42 (they're not being maintained unfortunately)

Roughest Ride: Tie, R62, R32, R42

Worst Acceleration: R32

Thank You all for attending...

Just my opinions, feel free to disagree heh

Favorite:

R-32: The sleek design, the speed, and the fact their 45 Years Old

R-160: A or B don't matter to me, I just love how bright they are and I love the FIND. Extremely helpful during a reroute.

R-46: Long, easy going, and has a smooth ride compare to it's R-44 brother.

Least Fave:

R-38: A cheap R-32 look-alike, has no air condition, and very shakey!

R-44: Very rusty, extremely shakey, and has a delayed door warning tone.

R-42: Too rusted, the doors close abruptly, and the storm door looks weird.

Favorite:

1. R32, The way they look,The Braking sounds(R32 Phase II) and fast and their strong stainless steel.

2. R26, R33ML/WF The Best Redbirds Ever built.

3. R142A the best NTT out in the MTA

4. R38 a bootleg version of the R32 but still a classic

5. R46 the smooth ride

6. R68/68A also the smooth ride and the look but the motorman cab sucks!!!

7. R160B the smooth ride and the way they look.

8. R42 the way they look and the seats

The ones I hate

1. R44 They are big, ugly and stupid and they need to be scraped

2. R142 the wrost NTT in the system and there are over 1,000 of these garbage cans running in the A divsion

The Rest of the subway cars I do not have a problem with.

The best cars are the R160A on the (J)(L)(M)(N) and (Z), the cars are great and the closing doors don't make so much noise as the R160B's on the (N) and (Q). The r160B's on the (N)(Q) are good too, the different engine sounds are the best. They make the R143's outdated.

I really don't have the least favorite, all cars are good.

I would like to see the original scheme on the R40 and R42, with the big letters for the endsign especially the big pink (F) on the R40 slant cars and the big orange (D) on the R42.

If a museum train of R40s were to be planned, the original scheme should be restored, with the big (F) and the R42 with the big (D) signs. Those look cool.

My Favorites are the R160s, the R40 Slants, the R32s, and the R46s.

Least favorite is the R42 and the R62s abit. Only good thing about them now is the RFW.

But I could care less about the RFW. It sucks thats its not on NTTs, but I've gotten over it. Other people are having a real hard time and make a big scene about it.....

The R44s, R68/As, and R62As are ok in my book.

Modified List:

Favorite: R68, R68A, R62A, R46, R160A-1, R160A-2, R160B

Middle of the Road: R32, R42MK, R62, R142, R142A, R143

Least Favorite: R44, R38, R40 Slant, R40 Modified, R42CI

What's 160A-1/-2?

im sure you all know by now, but anyway

favorite:

R32, R40 Slant, R62A

middle:

R42, R38, R68, R142A, R68A, R160 Siemens, R44, R142, R160 regular, R62

rolling trash cans:

R143, R46

all are in order from good to bad (so R32's are my absolute 100% favorite and i love riding in them, while R46's are the total worse trash cans and they should be used in the garbage train)

My favorite train of all time was the R33ML I grown up on those trains on the (2)(5) Lines.

My favorite train to operate R 40 Slaints (B) Line. Sometime I Think I would do that line for free.

Least Favorite as a Rider R 40's don't like the seats I got to stand on that train.

Least Favorite as a T/O R68A's on the (Q) just for me unpredictable braking.

Favorites:

R32- They're old enough that they're nostalgic.

R142A- Propulsion system sounds great, and they're a lot cleaner than the R62As I ride every day. Very fast, even on the 6.

R160B Siemens- Again, propulsion system, and cleaner than the R68s.

Least favorites:

R62A- Feels dirty to ride in (like I said), and I can never hear the conductor outside of the train (Local? Express?). Feels slower than the cars on the Lex. No staggered doors, like the R142/A B-cars, which leads to crowding by the doors and inevitably pushing

R68- Front and back exterior ends of cars look like they need to be sandblasted. Also feels dirty inside. No staggered doors. Feels sluggish when accelerating.

• 1 year later...

(Sorry for ressurecting an old thread, but I have to write this)

Favorite: I must say R68a; shiny interior with happly colored seats, window seats!!, shiny mirror like sleek exterior, quiet ride... Such a lovely train! <3

I like it on the (N)(Q)(W).

Least Favourite: R160...I'm a bit tired of Clone Wars, train edition. I associate this train style with home ((J)(L)(M2)) so when I ride it on another route, I feel like I never left home...seeing the same train everywhere makes my head hurt and makes me feel trapped.

Archived