In order to complete the camden bus network how would you change some routes???

First up are the 404 and 405 lines if you were to extend them beyond cherry hill mall where would you extend them to and why??? I have a feeling that they appear incomplete what are you thoughts??

thanks for ur input they looked untouchable for some reason

Totally Contradictory.

On weekdays, some 405 trips extend to Kingston Estates via Chapel Ave, Knollwood Dr at Kings Hwy. They actually don't go into Kingston Estates, just up to Kings Hwy.

Weekday mornings, there are a few 405 trips that skip Cherry Hill Mall and just follow it's regular route to Camden.

On weekdays, some 405 trips extend to Kingston Estates via Chapel Ave, Knollwood Dr at Kings Hwy. They actually don't go into Kingston Estates, just up to Kings Hwy.

Weekday mornings, there are a few 405 trips that skip Cherry Hill Mall and just follow it's regular route to Camden.

thats the part that made me feel that the 405 was incomplete route and coverage wise so it appeared to need an extension to close gaps in service around the church rd or chapel ave area to help 406 a we bit.

thats the part that made me feel that the 405 was incomplete route and coverage wise so it appeared to need an extension to close gaps in service around the church rd or chapel ave area to help 406 a we bit.

Whats so incomplete about it? Yeah it there are a few trips that skip the mall; does that make the route incomplete?

The 404 and 405 are VERY complete. At the Cherry Hill Mall, one can connect with other lines to go to other parts of Cherry Hill or proceed into Burlington and Gloucester Counties. Though they are relatively short toutes, they are very busy and I do not feel they need to be changed.

As far as Gibbsboro, now maybe I can agree here. The 451 should be modified to serve the Relocated VIRTUA HOSPITAL in Voorhees. It could operate via 561 ( which will cover a part of Gibbsboro), Centenial Blvd and Kresson Roads in Voorhees.

I think the 403 should be 20 minute weekday service on midday hours and 30 minutes on the weekend.

The 554 should have some trips cut from Lindenwold to Hammonton only. Buses during the rush are very crowded especially between Lindenwold and Hammonton.

For now, those are all the improvements, I could think of.

The 404 and 405 are VERY complete. At the Cherry Hill Mall, one can connect with other lines to go to other parts of Cherry Hill or proceed into Burlington and Gloucester Counties. Though they are relatively short toutes, they are very busy and I do not feel they need to be changed.

As far as Gibbsboro, now maybe I can agree here. The 451 should be modified to serve the Relocated VIRTUA HOSPITAL in Voorhees. It could operate via 561 ( which will cover a part of Gibbsboro), Centenial Blvd and Kresson Roads in Voorhees.

I think the 403 should be 20 minute weekday service on midday hours and 30 minutes on the weekend.

The 554 should have some trips cut from Lindenwold to Hammonton only. Buses during the rush are very crowded especially between Lindenwold and Hammonton.

For now, those are all the improvements, I could think of.

Ok

What about service on rte 54 you sure you don't want to create a new line that does just that??? The 554 at rush hr is sometimes with 30 min headways is that not enough??? I thought 405/404 were incomplete beacause of the 455 and 457's diviate type segment time consuming when en rte to the malls look at the map you will know what I mean I think??

thanks for ur input they looked untouchable for some reason

nope something else made it look incomplete the traffic direction of chapel ave beyond cherry hill and lack of buses to gibbsboro

Ok

What about service on rte 54 you sure you don't want to create a new line that does just that??? The 554 at rush hr is sometimes with 30 min headways is that not enough??? I thought 405/404 were incomplete beacause of the 455 and 457's diviate type segment time consuming when en rte to the malls look at the map you will know what I mean I think??

Really?

do you know about these guys why does NJT fund demand response buses all over NJ. this one is an example of one of them http://driveless.com/pdfs/Salem_County_Emp_Trans_Serv.pdf

If it was such a problem, something would have been done already. Those people dont complain. As I said, a few people aint gona change it.

If it was such a problem, something would have been done already. Those people dont complain. As I said, a few people aint gona change it.

ehh ur right those ppl don't complain loud enough. They just bitch silently if they were as vocal as the 890/891 peeps then something would get done.

Salem as an example ppl say it's the worst transit wise yet those ppl don't complain to NJT!!!! If they did then 402 wouldn't even be on their mind for getting reduced again. However salem ALONE isn't enough to create demand for routes that and low ridership killed the 423 and make the 468 suffer. Salem the only buses that belong there are buses that pass through there en route to a major destination. Like structural wise 553 but NO I am not suggesting put 553 there just using it as a model. The county can't support regular local service regional rtes with local service like a bus on rte 40 or 322 would fare much better than the 423 ever did. and even 468. The problem is that they don't leave salem so their ridership potential is severly crippled. Salem does NOT have alot of ppl in it at all. The way I see it I am NOT suggesting 423 come back but what I am suggesting is get creative and create a regional long distance east-west rte that goes through salem but also major areas outside as well en rte to either chester or wilmington this way it's ridership potential is MUCH higher. The 423 I could tell was a weak effort just by looking at it. Salem isn't major enough to support it it needs gloucester and other major counties to generate long distance ridership along the way. most of ur points are however very valid and caused me to overlook the way I even carry out my ideas I actually don't think NJT is suited to certain areas or routes. 890/891 Are more compatible with LANTA than they are with NJT itself same applies to 468 it appears more compatible with DART than NJT.

O and by the way salem county has a dial a bus service that runs 7 days a week YES SUNDAYS TOO. And it is NJT funded as well.

Whats hurting Salem Country Transit, is they dont have there own buses like Academy ect. Had they had there own buses service would be up, however NJT doesnt want to send anymore buses to them. They didnt even get NABIs yet.

As I said, Salem Country Transit is the ONLY thing keeping the 468 alive.

Whats hurting Salem Country Transit, is they dont have there own buses like Academy ect. Had they had there own buses service would be up, however NJT doesnt want to send anymore buses to them. They didnt even get NABIs yet.

As I said, Salem Country Transit is the ONLY thing keeping the 468 alive.

service to what level??? If you were salem county transit how frequent would you make the 468??? and what other routes would be made???

First up are the 404 and 405 lines if you were to extend them beyond cherry hill mall where would you extend them to and why??? I have a feeling that they appear incomplete what are you thoughts??

For the 404, I would extend the line from Cherry Hill Mall to the Cherry Hill Rail Station. Leaving the Mall I would backtrack to Church Rd, then onto Cherry Hill Mall Dr into the Target Shopping Center, then backtrack out to Rt.38 to Haddonfield Rd, then right on to the Garden State park shopping Center roadway to GSP Blvd, then Marlton Pk under the ACRL bridge to the next light at Cornell Ave, then Cornell Ave to the Cherry Hill ACRL statrion.

[back in the day(the 70's), this route was the D bus and it used parts of the now 405 and 455 bus thru Kingston Estates and it terminated at the Haddonfield PATCO station.]

For the 405, I would send the route straight up Haddonfield Rd, Rt. 73 and River Rd to the Pennsauken Rt.73 station to connect with the RiverLINE. If the P-Rt.73 station is unacceptable [mostly because of its remote location], I would do the same thing except turn off 73 at 130, go to the next light [Cinnaminson Ave], then up Cinnaminson Ave to the Palmyra RiverLINE station.

This route extension would make the Cherry Hill Mall accessible to RiverLINE riders without going into scary Camden to make the transfer.

For the 404, I would extend the line from Cherry Hill Mall to the Cherry Hill Rail Station. Leaving the Mall I would backtrack to Church Rd, then onto Cherry Hill Mall Dr into the Target Shopping Center, then backtrack out to Rt.38 to Haddonfield Rd, then right on to the Garden State park shopping Center roadway to GSP Blvd, then Marlton Pk under the ACRL bridge to the next light at Cornell Ave, then Cornell Ave to the Cherry Hill ACRL statrion.

[back in the day(the 70's), this route was the D bus and it used parts of the now 405 and 455 bus thru Kingston Estates and it terminated at the Haddonfield PATCO station.]

For the 405, I would send the route straight up Haddonfield Rd, Rt. 73 and River Rd to the Pennsauken Rt.73 station to connect with the RiverLINE. If the P-Rt.73 station is unacceptable [mostly because of its remote location], I would do the same thing except turn off 73 at 130, go to the next light [Cinnaminson Ave], then up Cinnaminson Ave to the Palmyra RiverLINE station.

This route extension would make the Cherry Hill Mall accessible to RiverLINE riders without going into scary Camden to make the transfer.

Interesting now I would like more interesting proposals then compare them to my own good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived