cdl school in the 5 boro's

alialdagreat

CDL schools are a waste of money imo, now this is just my opinion. There are a bunch of guys(who paid $3000 and got nothing out of it because njt makes you drive there way) in NJT who will tell you its pointless because your going to be trained there way(and this goes for any transit/company).

What I did was pay the fee for the permit to take the test. Passed it the the first time I took it and waited for a call from NJT. I went to Community Coach first with the permit and they said and I quote "After training and you get the CDL you have to stay with us for 2years" .

Academy hires drivers on the spot with permits and they train you there way(and again that goes for any company even if you have cdl training from a school). Same goes with MegaBus you have a permit, you get a job.

Some charter companies prefer drivers to already have bus driving experience.

So in the end your better off paying the fee to take the test for the permit. CDL school you get hands on training but you still will be trained for weeks by a agency.

I agree with 553 Bridgeton; however, it's one thing if you want to the feeling of driving a bus before upcoming classes, but it's a total waste if you're looking for an CDL. This is what the classes provide, and give you a free CDL at the same time. Simply put, right? The whole idea behind this is, they know you have a license and know how to drive; they are just teaching you to drive their way.. and to drive with a tail.

That's all.

I know I didn't specifically answer your question, but just wanted to add a few comments before you do find a school for CDL training and waste your earned money.

I'm in the hiring process now with MTA, so it won't be long before I'm placed into classes.

I think if the permit expires, you can renew it. If your waiting for the MTA then I would apply for another bus company. It doesnt hurt to get your feet wet before the MTA comes along. Me on the other hand, I took the C/R test and I decided to get a CDL and drive buses. When the MTA sent that letter, I threw it in the trash.

Yeah its true it dont hurt to get your feet wet,, get your Cdl and apply to different bus companies,,its not a waste,,, get some experience and the feel of it,,MTA bus operators get paid good ,, at least for now get to know how to handle and control a vehicle this size,, i wish i had taken the bus operator exam i missed it. Now im with the conductors position,,im just saying I driven tractor trailer & buses, I got a class A CDL w/tanker/hazmat/passenger/school bus endorsements,, if some job dont work out for me,, at least i got something else to fall back into in any over the road position, experience is required but their are companies out their that start fresh w/no driving experience like MTA , according to pass threads transit I guess hires people with no CDL & experience,,

where is a good cdl training school in the 5 boro's? im trying to get my cdl license so if you know a good cdl school let me know please thank you

Hey Alialdagreat,,my bad i didnt add the above quote but thats for you,,

Listen theirs a school in Brooklyn in 18 ave a block from mcdonald ave by the F train across the street from the chase bank "Brooklyn school cdl",, They dirt cheap,, theirs another one by 20 ave 60st "NVC" they ok too... Theirs also a free training center for cdl, called "red hook on the road", good luck

I did over priced Ferrari Driving School.............but I see a driving school right behind CP depot... just go to Sparky's Deli and ask.....they must be with them...or own it...What do you mean they payed 3g's and got nothing out of it...we are all looking for the best deal.....that is the bottom line....When you get your CDL from a school....you take the test using the bus they provide you with...I didn't know anybody with a bus just laying around for me to go and take the DMV test....also they give you the heads up on the pre-trip.....you have to walk around the bus and point out and tell everything to the DMV person......it is not as simple as going down and taking the test....

I did over priced Ferrari Driving School.............but I see a driving school right behind CP depot... just go to Sparky's Deli and ask.....they must be with them...or own it...What do you mean they payed 3g's and got nothing out of it...we are all looking for the best deal.....that is the bottom line....When you get your CDL from a school....you take the test using the bus they provide you with...I didn't know anybody with a bus just laying around for me to go and take the DMV test....also they give you the heads up on the pre-trip.....you have to walk around the bus and point out and tell everything to the DMV person......it is not as simple as going down and taking the test....

If one paid 3G's for a CDL school, and get to NJT and fail the road test twice then yeah something is wrong. There are a ton of bus companies who take people with no experience. I know its not as simple as just taking the test, but hey that route worked for me. I wasnt paying money for a CDl school whether its cheap or not. Im good now. There are a ton of people in NJT who went the route of just taking the CDL test. Even Academy will hire you on the spot with no experience with just a permit. But I get what your saying, l0l who would just have a 40foot bus chillen in they yard. When I did my rd test all I did was explain and point out things and even explained everything I did when I was driving. I much rather go that route then paying all that money.....thats just me. NJT provided the bus which was a nova.

Archived