Long Island Bus screwup in Glen Cove

PinePower

The N27 never showed up at the first stop (terminal) on Bridge St near Pratt. Two N21's showed up. Basically there is a classic car show on Thursdays that closes Glen St. between Pulaski and Bridge, so instead of pulling in front of the police station, the N27 reroute is supposed to stop in front of the Post Office instead of turning onto Bridge(along with the N21), left on Glen Cove Ave, left on Charles St, left on Continental, then right on Pratt, left on Pulaski (or Town Path) to regular route. There are no posted signs about this detour in Glen Cove or on the website.

But what happened was the driver of the 6:25pm run (whom I know and is a regular who I saw earlier in the day) took a LEFT instead of a RIGHT at Pulaski St, onto Pratt Blvd, leaving anyone waiting by the post office another 30 minutes for the next bus. I saw it with my own eyes and was backed up by when I asked a driver an N21 that pulled in where the N27 was (since it was after 6:30pm) and he said he took a shortcut and made a left.

This same driver took another unauthorized detour last week, he was running late to Glen Cove and decided to skip the Roslyn Rail, going from Roslyn Rd right onto Harbor Hill Rd. I already reported these actions. Though I doubt anything will happen, the enforcement of rules has always been weak at LIB, drivers will shut off HVAC on crowded buses (something I've yet to see in NYC or NJ Transit),and I've seen others texting while stopped at lights too. Then lately some buses have been running hot by almost 10 minutes, missed the N35 twice northbound by the Westbury LIRR station in June, supposed to pass around 8:37pm, but passed at 8:28pm. There is just no organization at LIB. Especially now.

Maybe Veolia can do better. I'm so sick of the 2nd class service we get here from the MTA. How much does it cost to enforce the rules? Post detours on the website? Cmmon...:tdown:

Even N4 has problem on Sunday.

This when I gathered petition for N4 bus at Jamaica Center, it was long like waiting for ferry for Statue of Liberty.

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&ie=UTF8&t=h&msid=201703423907676287259.0004a7869e224807d65f1&z=19&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&ie=UTF8&t=h&msid=201703423907676287259.0004a7869e224807d65f1&z=19&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Line for Long Island Bus N4</a> in a larger map</small>[/GMAPS]

The N27 never showed up at the first stop (terminal) on Bridge St near Pratt. Two N21's showed up. Basically there is a classic car show on Thursdays that closes Glen St. between Pulaski and Bridge, so instead of pulling in front of the police station, the N27 reroute is supposed to stop in front of the Post Office instead of turning onto Bridge(along with the N21), left on Glen Cove Ave, left on Charles St, left on Continental, then right on Pratt, left on Pulaski (or Town Path) to regular route. There are no posted signs about this detour in Glen Cove or on the website.

But what happened was the driver of the 6:25pm run (whom I know and is a regular who I saw earlier in the day) took a LEFT instead of a RIGHT at Pulaski St, onto Pratt Blvd, leaving anyone waiting by the post office another 30 minutes for the next bus. I saw it with my own eyes and was backed up by when I asked a driver an N21 that pulled in where the N27 was (since it was after 6:30pm) and he said he took a shortcut and made a left.

This same driver took another unauthorized detour last week, he was running late to Glen Cove and decided to skip the Roslyn Rail, going from Roslyn Rd right onto Harbor Hill Rd. I already reported these actions. Though I doubt anything will happen, the enforcement of rules has always been weak at LIB, drivers will shut off HVAC on crowded buses (something I've yet to see in NYC or NJ Transit),and I've seen others texting while stopped at lights too. Then lately some buses have been running hot by almost 10 minutes, missed the N35 twice northbound by the Westbury LIRR station in June, supposed to pass around 8:37pm, but passed at 8:28pm. There is just no organization at LIB. Especially now.

Maybe Veolia can do better. I'm so sick of the 2nd class service we get here from the MTA. How much does it cost to enforce the rules? Post detours on the website? Cmmon...:tdown:

I hope veolia cracks down on the crap!!!!! I think the new operator will do much better

It appears as though the MTA already has both feet out the door and is only keeping the door open on a crack as I see it. The LIB site is barely maintained anymore. Such would be deemed beyond unacceptable in NYC.

I guess now I know the REAL reason why 9 in 10 nassau ppl don't use LIB cause of SHIT like this.

I guess now I know the REAL reason why 9 in 10 nassau ppl don't use LIB cause of SHIT like this.

I am noticing some ridership drops on routes too, the bad service is driving away even the existing riders. I spoke with a couple of people at the Glen Street train station (I wasnt going to wait around for the next N27!) and they said they used to take the bus but got fed up with the bad service.

I was on some N27s and N22s this week that were suprisingly empty. The MTA's antics are certainly hurting ridership. When they said they'd maintain existing service levels till Jan.1.2012 that was big lie.

Its certainly going to bolster Mangano's position.

I can tell you many of the home health aides and nurses that used to board the N27 at Roslyn Rail and transfer to the N22A to Jamaica now take the LIRR, I see them on the train now.

Most of the time we hardly drop anyone off at the stop at Hillside.

The MTA has always treated LIB poorly, even when times were better. It really is time for a change. Wow I cant believe I am saying that...:eek:

I am noticing some ridership drops on routes too, the bad service is driving away even the existing riders. I spoke with a couple of people at the Glen Street train station (I wasnt going to wait around for the next N27!) and they said they used to take the bus but got fed up with the bad service.

I was on some N27s and N22s this week that were suprisingly empty. The MTA's antics are certainly hurting ridership. When they said they'd maintain existing service levels till Jan.1.2012 that was big lie.

Its certainly going to bolster Mangano's position.

I can tell you many of the home health aides and nurses that used to board the N27 at Roslyn Rail and transfer to the N22A to Jamaica now take the LIRR, I see them on the train now.

Most of the time we hardly drop anyone off at the stop at Hillside.

The MTA has always treated LIB poorly, even when times were better. It really is time for a change. Wow I cant believe I am saying that...:eek:

Out of curiosity, do they get some kind of discount for transferring to the N22A? It looks like the fare to take the LIRR to Jamaica is comparable to the LIRR->N22A fare (around $30 extra per month to take the LIRR all the way).

Does the UniTicket for $30 extra (vs buying the rail pass by itself) work for that type of trip?

By the way, why are there no Zone 2, 5, 6, 8, 11, and 13 stations? Why do they skip the zone numbers?

Out of curiosity, do they get some kind of discount for transferring to the N22A? It looks like the fare to take the LIRR to Jamaica is comparable to the LIRR->N22A fare (around $30 extra per month to take the LIRR all the way).

Does the UniTicket for $30 extra (vs buying the rail pass by itself) work for that type of trip?

By the way, why are there no Zone 2, 5, 6, 8, 11, and 13 stations? Why do they skip the zone numbers?

theyre used to be according to my 1978 timetables. They were eliminated later on to simplify fare collection.

On the 6th, I was waiting with some ppl for the N22 bus towards Queens at Willis Ave and Jericho. The Bus op makes the turn and drives right past us even tho we were at a clearly marked stop. Bus #1746 and that was also what the run number box said.

On the 6th, I was waiting with some ppl for the N22 bus towards Queens at Willis Ave and Jericho. The Bus op makes the turn and drives right past us even tho we were at a clearly marked stop. Bus #1746 and that was also what the run number box said.

NONE of those operators can expect a job from veolia that is for sure. I used veolia and they are very customer oriented and do not tolerate treating riders badly I guess none of my plans would work without an ethics change. bad service = LOW ridership and add car ownership on top of that and you have a recipie for TOTAL DISASTER

Ah, johnqpine complaining about LIB. As usual! Why does this never surprise me? Your opinion keeps flipping. "Oh, LIB has problems, but it's okay." "LIB can go to hell." I'm really finding it hard to take you seriously anymore. You've dedicated two different YouTube channels to pointing out the "bad apples" the (MTA) is, according to you, full of. Maybe I'm wrong about your latest one, but it's still full of the shit you spew about the same agency that at least tried to provide you with the best service it could, and yet you go on ranting about how a bus was x minutes late or how the "illegals" and "day laborers" scare the living crap out of you on the buses or around bus stops, and thinking the passengers fall under only those two labels.

I started riding LIB in late 2009, just as these budget worries and how bad it was treated came to light, but I rode it for two years and learned the system. If something came late, I sucked it up and got on. Even if they were late, they drove the bus calmly and without fault. I sure as hell didn't see any of them with their cell phones while in revenue service. I don't know, maybe you were all up in the bus operator's space.

I know it has its problems, but you seem to lack the ability to see past them. You think that they shut off the HVAC (which is impossible on the NGs, anyway)... seriously, shut up.

Also, inb4gothamandhisannoyingasscountynot payingenoughmoney

Ah, johnqpine complaining about LIB. As usual! Why does this never surprise me? Your opinion keeps flipping. "Oh, LIB has problems, but it's okay." "LIB can go to hell." I'm really finding it hard to take you seriously anymore. You've dedicated two different YouTube channels to pointing out the "bad apples" the (MTA) is, according to you, full of. Maybe I'm wrong about your latest one, but it's still full of the shit you spew about the same agency that at least tried to provide you with the best service it could, and yet you go on ranting about how a bus was x minutes late or how the "illegals" and "day laborers" scare the living crap out of you on the buses or around bus stops, and thinking the passengers fall under only those two labels.

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

Ah, johnqpine complaining about LIB. As usual! Why does this never surprise me? Your opinion keeps flipping. "Oh, LIB has problems, but it's okay." "LIB can go to hell."

I'm really finding it hard to take you seriously anymore.

bold 1: that's long been his M.O. fam...

I mean, There's nothin wrong w/ goin on gut instinct, but you have to have a solid foundation behind your opinions too... and stick to your guns in the process.... His opinions change like the weather, they vary according to the situation.... Classic example of that, is this most recent problem w/ the N27 (which he certainly have a right to be upset about)....

bold 2: his videos (the mta related ones) are purely for entertainment to me... to be more specific, for laughs....

Here's his latest change of opinion:

All that noise about being so against public transportation, now he's willing to give veolia a chance....

Even N4 has problem on Sunday.

This when I gathered petition for N4 bus at Jamaica Center, it was long like waiting for ferry for Statue of Liberty.

**Google map**

Yuki, what is this supposed to be a map of; what are you trying to show us here?

I think he's trying to show how bad the line was. I went to Jamaica Center about a month ago to refill my card (since you can only refill them at Hempstead and at subway stations... and I sure as hell wasn't going to Hempstead) and that's a pretty long area.

I meant Long Line, B35. I hit K instead of N by mistake.

I admit that the LIB system is bad and I hope veolia can change the image of buses in general in LI most of my plans in LI require buses that DON'T break down!!!!! If the service is unreliable there is no way express routes would work cause they are type long in general well sort-of. I can't create regionals if buses break down often. Question: do suffolk buses break down as often???

I think the airtrain should extend to LGA as a crosstown LIRR type of line. So it can act like a north south rail line. And make it easier to reach flushing to avoid slow buses in a sense.

I spoke with the bus driver who did that run and said the N27's were taking a different detour then the one that was in place previously. Instead of making the right onto Pratt from Pulaski and stopping by the Post Office, the stop has been moved to Pulaski. Only one problem. NO SIGNS. NO NOTICE ON THE WEB SITE.

The (MTA) has always been like this. When they have the Westbury Street Fair there has never been signs posted as to where to wait for the N22 or N35, and the detour was different every year!

I have give up on the (MTA) running these buses. Notice of detours doesn't cost much $$ so this isnt Nassau's fault with funding, but (MTA) treating us like a stepchild (and they always have, even when times were good). You go to the MTA website they list detours for city buses but never LIB.

And I saw 2 buses not show up today. You always have to wonder whether it will show up or not. You'd think the (MTA) would try to go out on a high note, but like others have said, they have pretty much left us for dead.

The MTA really has NO CLASS.:mad:

I spoke with the bus driver who did that run and said the N27's were taking a different detour then the one that was in place previously. Instead of making the right onto Pratt from Pulaski and stopping by the Post Office, the stop has been moved to Pulaski. Only one problem. NO SIGNS. NO NOTICE ON THE WEB SITE.

The (MTA) has always been like this. When they have the Westbury Street Fair there has never been signs posted as to where to wait for the N22 or N35, and the detour was different every year!

I have give up on the (MTA) running these buses. Notice of detours doesn't cost much $$ so this isnt Nassau's fault with funding, but (MTA) treating us like a stepchild (and they always have, even when times were good). You go to the MTA website they list detours for city buses but never LIB.

And I saw 2 buses not show up today. You always have to wonder whether it will show up or not. You'd think the (MTA) would try to go out on a high note, but like others have said, they have pretty much left us for dead.

The MTA really has NO CLASS.:mad:

WOW I am surprised this never happened to me when I took several different LIB routes throughout nassau around 2008 to 2010 I used almost half of the lines when I was a secret shopper. I had no problems with LIB I guess I was just plain lucky then. I never had a bus run hot on me when I used it frequently. However I had one issue with N33 that's it. I had no idea MTA treated LIB so poorly

The MTA abandoning & neglecting LIB is to be expected... it's no different than someone workin for a company that knows they goin lose their job (due to downsizing or, whatever) in a couple days/weeks... they're not gonna perform their duties with the same level of responsibility & drive.....

I spoke with the bus driver who did that run and said the N27's were taking a different detour then the one that was in place previously.

What happened to, friend or no friend, things like this still gotta get reported......

See, you were gonna report that b/o when he was simply doing his job.

Archived