Long Island Bus screwup in Glen Cove

PinePower

A major N27 detour today due to a fireman's parade. All N27s were running via Glen Cove Rd instead of Glen Cove Ave. No signs posted on the bus or at the website. The driver informed the passengers in Greenvale (going north) and some ppl got angry. The driver had a letter about the detour WHY THE F*CK COULDN'T THE MTA POST THE DETOUR ON THE DAMN WEBSITE?

They really do treat us like sh*t. I cant wait for Veolia...

A major N27 detour today due to a fireman's parade. All N27s were running via Glen Cove Rd instead of Glen Cove Ave. No signs posted on the bus or at the website. The driver informed the passengers in Greenvale (going north) and some ppl got angry. The driver had a letter about the detour WHY THE F*CK COULDN'T THE MTA POST THE DETOUR ON THE DAMN WEBSITE?

They really do treat us like sh*t. I cant wait for Veolia...

mangando is not the idiot everyone thought he was ehh I guess veolia will rock but off topic question who should run dutchess loop??

I heard the county just bought them

Nassau County has always owned all the buses. While they were ordered by the MTA they are owned by Nassau County. Jay Walder said as such that the depots and buses are the property of Nassau County.

Which makes sense since the (MTA) has operated as a contractor, and the county is switching contractors.

There are rumors (according to a driver at CBS Lines) that Veolia may bid on Suffolk Transit as well, which could mean one system for the whole island.:cool:

better start fanning suffolk transit then as well before they start running cheese buses on it as well

Veolia does not run cheese buses. And once again Suffolk owns their buses as well. But what may happen to LIRR shuttles that used to use LIB may use Cheese buses. Sure MTAB sends out coaches to Westchester but the island will probably see lots of yucky smelly cheese...

Veolia does not run cheese buses. And once again Suffolk owns their buses as well. But what may happen to LIRR shuttles that used to use LIB may use Cheese buses. Sure MTAB sends out coaches to Westchester but the island will probably see lots of yucky smelly cheese...

or coaches from jitney and sunrise coaches

I would never expect anything "cheesy" from Veolia. When I retired from the NTSB I actually drove a compobus in Phoenix when my son went to school there and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, in my opinion, a very good organization (see Las Vegas). I would also expect to see some NABI's down the road.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news! PinePower (Qtraindash)

I check out today's NYCT Weekend Planned Service Change and there was detour sign on website.

N15 buses are being detoured due to a Religious Procession for St. John's Baptist Church

Day, 7:30 AM to 10 AM, Saturday, Aug 6

Buses are being detoured from Woodfield Rd between Rhodes Lane and Colonial Rd and

will operate as follows:

Northbound: Via Lakeview Av, right on Ocean Av, right on Hempstead Av, right on Eagle Av,

left on Woodfield Rd and regular route.

Southbound: Via Woodfield Rd, right on Eagle Av, left on Hempstead Av, left on Ocean Av,

left of Lakeview Av and regular route.

• Please allow additional travel time.

Good news! PinePower (Qtraindash)

I check out today's NYCT Weekend Planned Service Change and there was detour sign on website.

Yes, and on last Sunday, the MTA mentioned the service change in Glen Cove for the N21 and N27 because of some parade.

Nassau County has always owned all the buses. While they were ordered by the MTA they are owned by Nassau County. Jay Walder said as such that the depots and buses are the property of Nassau County.

Which makes sense since the (MTA) has operated as a contractor, and the county is switching contractors.

There are rumors (according to a driver at CBS Lines) that Veolia may bid on Suffolk Transit as well, which could mean one system for the whole island.:cool:

Will Veolia continue to use the Garden City & RVC depots, or will Veolia acquire their own facilities?

I am noticing some ridership drops on routes too, the bad service is driving away even the existing riders. I spoke with a couple of people at the Glen Street train station (I wasnt going to wait around for the next N27!) and they said they used to take the bus but got fed up with the bad service.

I was on some N27s and N22s this week that were suprisingly empty. The MTA's antics are certainly hurting ridership. When they said they'd maintain existing service levels till Jan.1.2012 that was big lie.

Its certainly going to bolster Mangano's position.

I can tell you many of the home health aides and nurses that used to board the N27 at Roslyn Rail and transfer to the N22A to Jamaica now take the LIRR, I see them on the train now.

Most of the time we hardly drop anyone off at the stop at Hillside.

The MTA has always treated LIB poorly, even when times were better. It really is time for a change. Wow I cant believe I am saying that...:eek:

Maybe the MTA is trying to push all the riders away so that Veolio has a hard time...?

As far as bad attitudes from drivers it is pretty insulting when you say hello, or ask the driver how they are doing, and some just ignore you or give you a dirty look like they are better than you. This is happening more and more, with more and more drivers.

Archived