Lib b/o?

transit bx

I always wanted to know how much do LIB B/O starting pay and top pay is,also i wanted to know what union is LIB under. Anybody with that info plz comment. Thanks.

I think the union is TWU 252.

WOW thats crazy. no where near what we make at TA/OA/AND MTAB smh. THANKS.

Yup LIB is really treated like a 2nd class bus system by the MTA. Thats why we've never had the same standards of service. Its time they just leave, they've always wanted to, but no one had the guts to tell them to get lost, until Ed Mangano.

From 1973 to the late 1980s, all it had was Long Island's former PBL New Looks. By the time those were ready to be replaced, the oldest ones were over 14 years old... and then those were replaced with Flxible 870s (I think ours had that problem that plagued the city's fixed), followed by crappy Gilligs which LIB was quick to replace.... and those were replaced with brand new Orion V diesels in 1990 (which meant that for once, LIB got something before the city did)....

Sad, because I think after the (MTA) was on the brink of complete collapse back in the day, they decided to just start mistreating LIB. And a guy from LI, Norman J. Levy, was able to get enough money to save the agency.

Yup LIB is really treated like a 2nd class bus system by the MTA. Thats why we've never had the same standards of service. Its time they just leave, they've always wanted to, but no one had the guts to tell them to get lost, until Ed Mangano.

Well the only reason why LIB is no more with the MTA,thats because nassau county have not been paying there dues for years and expect for the MTA to still run the service come on now.:tdown:

Well the only reason why LIB is no more with the MTA,thats because nassau county have not been paying there dues for years and expect for the MTA to still run the service come on now.:tdown:

I think it was beacause MTA kept treating nassau badly so nassau retaliated by underfunding the system till MTA left!!!! just my 2 cents on the issue

I agree with qjtransitmaster & Joel Upfront... MSBA (and I suppose LIB, because I haven't driven for MSBA/LIB in 21 years) were always treated like stepkids... we had the privates' equipment after the roll-up, and we did get some GMC New=Looks of our own in the 70;s, and some rocking Flxible New-Looks with 8 cyl engines (fleet numbers 850 to 902 I think), and then the Grumman 870s... Flxible Metros and the disposable Gilligs...

As for the Union, it was TWU 252 Amtrak 07.

Pay scale had changed with the collective bargaining agreement signed in the early 80's, so that when I started in 1984, we had a graduated-payscale in effect, to where it took 36 months to get to top scale -- I think I started @ 8.75 or so, and topped out @ 15.05 in 1989...

Our contracts where on par with whatever MTA Surface was getting at the time, but our contracts were at least 1 year behind if not longer. I remember us negotiating a CBA I think in 1987 or 1988...

Hope this helps someone.

I agree with qjtransitmaster & Joel Upfront... MSBA (and I suppose LIB, because I haven't driven for MSBA/LIB in 21 years) were always treated like stepkids... we had the privates' equipment after the roll-up, and we did get some GMC New=Looks of our own in the 70;s, and some rocking Flxible New-Looks with 8 cyl engines (fleet numbers 850 to 902 I think), and then the Grumman 870s... Flxible Metros and the disposable Gilligs...

As for the Union, it was TWU 252 Amtrak 07.

Pay scale had changed with the collective bargaining agreement signed in the early 80's, so that when I started in 1984, we had a graduated-payscale in effect, to where it took 36 months to get to top scale -- I think I started @ 8.75 or so, and topped out @ 15.05 in 1989...

Our contracts where on par with whatever MTA Surface was getting at the time, but our contracts were at least 1 year behind if not longer. I remember us negotiating a CBA I think in 1987 or 1988...

Hope this helps someone.

strange thing when I would heavily use LIB or SCT I would rarely encounter any problems with LIB I guess I was just plain lucky then!!!!! cause my experiences are in total contrast with pinepower's. O well I guess veolia will be boss however I would get innovative and turn N62 and N8 into minibuses then use minibuses to create a service that can use the parkways in a limited sense as a way around the low clearances.

The thing is the real reason why MTA treats buses in hudson valley with subsidies and with respect is beacause those buses actually shuffle ppl to their metro-north and they don't have to run them directly.

Archived