Something happened on QBL > Northern Blvd

4P3607

Sorry if this has been posted already, but today as I was on the 71 Av bound (M), this happened:

+ A saw an R46 going QBL express with the LCD signs saying (F) and rollsigns saying (R) at 36 St

+ At Northern Blvd, there was a stalled (R) train. about 6-7 feet behind the stalled (R) train was an R160 (M) train (almost bumper to bumper :eek:)

+ There were Con Ed workers At the end of that (R) train; the end of the rear car (interior) had the lights out

+ There was a NIS R46 on the Express track at Rsvlt Av

+ I heard an announcement, but I couldn't make out what it said.

Note that this was ALL Manhattan bound.

So can anybody figure out what happened? I went on the (MTA) website but everything is clear now.

And no, it wasn't a 12-9 because there were Con Ed workers & that (M) keyed by until it almost hit the (R).

Sorry if this has been posted already, but today as I was on the 71 Av bound (M), this happened:

+ A saw an R46 going QBL express with the LCD signs saying (F) and rollsigns saying (R) at 36 St

+ At Northern Blvd, there was a stalled (R) train. about 6-7 feet behind the stalled (R) train was an R160 (M) train (almost bumper to bumper :eek:)

+ There were Con Ed workers At the end of that (R) train; the end of the rear car (interior) had the lights out

+ There was a NIS R46 on the Express track at Rsvlt Av

+ I heard an announcement, but I couldn't make out what it said.

Note that this was ALL Manhattan bound.

So can anybody figure out what happened? I went on the (MTA) website but everything is clear now.

And no, it wasn't a 12-9 because there were Con Ed workers & that (M) keyed by until it almost hit the (R).

A Manhole Explosion... It doesn't have to be a 12-9 get that idea out of your head. If Con Ed was on see it's an electrical problem... I swear all anybody talks about is 12-9's... Stop watching Rated R movies

d-man, he said it WASN'T a 12-9...

Had to be an electrical problem somewhere. A couple years ago I was riding an R46 (R) and there were electrical problems right before the Steinway St station.

d-man, he said it WASN'T a 12-9...

Had to be an electrical problem somewhere. A couple years ago I was riding an R46 (R) and there were electrical problems right before the Steinway St station.

I know... but he still said 12-9 so it was in his mind O_o

and sir my name is dman not d-man fix your eyes

I had to say it WASNT a 12-9 because I'f I didn't the answer would have probably been "a 12-9".

So yeah...

I was on the (E) towards Manhattan and it was announced as an "incident" and "signal failure." It's weird being on an express train passing through stations on the local track.

How could you have been on the local track? Then again, it could have very well been signal failure because those trains were almost bumper to bumper.

How could you have been on the local track? Then again, it could have very well been signal failure because those trains were almost bumper to bumper.

It was constant start-stop and slow motion through local stops (I first noticed it after I saw Northern Boulevard and wondered what was going on) and being stopped in tunnels for minutes on end. It's been delay week hasn't it?

I been on several 179th St. Bounds(F)s that switched over at Roosevelt Ave. on the local tracks and bypassed the stations.

Once I have been on an (E) train running express on the local track. It switched on the switches after Queens Blvd. When I was on the (E), I saw an R40 Slant (E) train on the express tracks waiting. For me, I think it was because of the (F). Just saying.

R40 slant (E)? lol your buggin. and the trains bumper to bumper incident happens often, ive seen it many times at FOREST HILLS - 71 Avenue, and once on 34th St-Penn Station with a stalled (C) and the (E) right behind it

R40 slant (E)? lol your buggin. and the trains bumper to bumper incident happens often, ive seen it many times at FOREST HILLS - 71 Avenue, and once on 34th St-Penn Station with a stalled (C) and the (E) right behind it

I've also been on an Northbound ©or(E) train from 34 Street-Penn Station to 50 Street and when it was on the part when you see the southern platform but not the northern platform, I think it used Emergency Brakes. I don't know why it did. And no, I'm not making this up. And actually, nevermind about the Slants. I was thinking of the wrong thing.

Archived