Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
N-Trizzy2609

Staten Island - Monmouth Co. Route (Private Bus or NJT)

Imagine if there was either was a NJT route or a even better a Private bus company that ran between Tottenville S.I. and Aberdeen-Matawan Station in Monmouth Co. NJ. If in fact a private co. were to run it what kind of ridership would it get? Same question if it's NJT owned. It gives people a somewhat cheaper option into the city. The route would use Route 440, Route 35, and Broadway in South Amboy and would serve Tottenville, Perth Amboy, South Amboy, South Amboy Train Station, Sayerville, Lawrence Harbor, Aberdeen, and Aberdeen-Matawan Station.

Commence the discussion.

Imagine if there was either was a NJT route or a even better a Private bus company that ran between Tottenville S.I. and Aberdeen-Matawan Station in Monmouth Co. NJ. If in fact a private co. were to run it what kind of ridership would it get? Same question if it's NJT owned. It gives people a somewhat cheaper option into the city. The route would use Route 440, Route 35, and Broadway in South Amboy and would serve Tottenville, Perth Amboy, South Amboy, South Amboy Train Station, Sayerville, Lawrence Harbor, Aberdeen, and Aberdeen-Matawan Station.

Commence the discussion.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking about it. However I was thinking about it as an extension of a bayonne rte becoming a regional rte however ppl would have to transfer at perth amboy.

You do realize you idea can be done by simply extending the 817 to tottenville??? right.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking about it. However I was thinking about it as an extension of a bayonne rte becoming a regional rte however ppl would have to transfer at perth amboy.

You do realize you idea can be done by simply extending the 817 to tottenville??? right.

The 817 route is somewhat different, it skips Matawan and goes for Keyport and Belford. Plus in order to get to Rt 440 this bus would have to bypass Perth Amboy RR station or make a very complicated detour.

The 817 route is somewhat different, it skips Matawan and goes for Keyport and Belford. Plus in order to get to Rt 440 this bus would have to bypass Perth Amboy RR station or make a very complicated detour.

rte 440 is reachable via state street