Gossip, pure gossip

Blitz

I was having a conversation with a B/O recently on my way home, and we started talking about the M60 bus route. I mentioned to him that I heard it was going back to Manhattanville, and he told me i was mistaken. He told me that starting some time next year, there will be artics running the M60 route. Now when i heard this I immediately thought back to a day when i saw and LFS-A pull into the depot with M60 in its destination sign. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now it makes sense. Maybe when we take delivery of part of that 325 LFS-A bus order this whole thing will go into effect....thoughts and opinions are welcome

I wouldn't be too surprised but Nova's right, the renovation does make things complicated.

From what I've heard from Manhattanville, there are plans to make the M60 an artic route. Obviously Manhattanville isn't equipped for artics, which would imply the route will stay at 126, but we'll see. There are so many possibilities. It could stay at 126 for the winter pick and then go to MHV next year, it could be a split route, just speculating now...

Don't rule out OHS either it is a all artic garage.

Once upon a time, a long long time ago, Manhattanville have artics. but with its current # of buses, it would have to drop almost half its fleet to be able to squeeze them in now.

as for 100st, it is an artic depot. but its a stuffed artic deopt. they could take on anymore buses than they currently have. they would have to drop one of their routes to be able to take on the M60 which is highly unlikely. they would also need to take on some 40ft buses b/c they would be able to run the M60 in the snow with artics.

what would likely happen is the M60 would either go back to either MCH or MJQ while 126th is being rebuilt.

Question, which depot is supposed to close down when MCH reopens? 126 or JAM? I think the (M60) going to MCH is a bad idea considering MCH can't house artics and a 60 footer can't maneuver around LGA

Really? I'm looking back at the rosters and I don't remember that at all. I've got the MHV rosters for 1997-1998 and then a bunch of rosters from 2003 to the present. What year are we talking? We used to have the M101, M102, and M103 of course, but when 100th opened 2003 (two years behind schedule) if I remember right, the routes went there and the artics left the Bronx while the new ones were still coming in. Did MHV have artics around 2000 maybe? That's the only time I can think of.

Wasn't the (M102) at WS at the time?

Question, which depot is supposed to close down when MCH reopens? 126 or JAM? I think the (M60) going to MCH is a bad idea considering MCH can't house artics and a 60 footer can't maneuver around LGA

126st is next. MCH will be able to support artics.

It would be tight, but an artic can maneuver around LGA. I would put New Flyers on the route though because they have a slightly smaller turning radius, which is the same as the 40 footer.

126 is suppose to close in either 2012 or 2013, right after MCH opens.

It was split between West Side and Manhattanville. West Side ran the local, Manhattanville ran the Limited. [Yep, it was M101, M102 LTD, M102, M103.]

The Manhattan routes were part of the following depots:

MCH: M1, M7, Bx19, Bx21, Bx33

Amsterdam: M100, M104, Bx6, Bx15

126: M15, M31, M35, M57, M66, M116

Hudson: M6, M8, M9, M11, M14, M21, M22, M23, Q32

MHV: M2, M3, M4 (split), M5, M18, M60, M101, M102 LTD, M103

West Side: M10, M16, M27, M30, M34, M42, M50, M72, M79, M86, M98, M102, M106, x90, x92

You mean (M101) LTD, right? The (M4) was split with what depot, Amsterdam? Where was the (M96) at this time?

Here's another question, where does 126's routes and fleet go? That's gonna be interesting

Really? I'm looking back at the rosters and I don't remember that at all. I've got the MHV rosters for 1997-1998 and then a bunch of rosters from 2003 to the present. What year are we talking? We used to have the M101, M102, and M103 of course, but when 100th opened 2003 (two years behind schedule) if I remember right, the routes went there and the artics left the Bronx while the new ones were still coming in. Did MHV have artics around 2000 maybe? That's the only time I can think of.

Question is when 126 closes what will happen to MaBTOA and seniority?

I'm not %100 sure on the year that artics were at MHV b/c that was something that was told to me by a dispatcher. He told me they tested artics at almost every depot in Manhattan and the Bronx at 1 point or another. And I believe that once 126th is rebuilt, it will remain a TA depot, not OA. I'm not sure or what is going to happen with seniority. I know a majority of us will be shipped to the newly opened MCH. The rest will be given a choice to either go to MCH or pick a new depot. We will all get first dibs when 126th is reopened.

You mean (M101) LTD, right? The (M4) was split with what depot, Amsterdam? Where was the (M96) at this time?

Here's another question, where does 126's routes and fleet go? That's gonna be interesting

the M15 will probably get split between MCH and MJQ. The rest will most likely go strait to MCH

I thought M101 LTD too but I'm going off an MTA document from 1998 and it's listed as M102 LTD. My guess is it was a partial Limited....

It was a typo, nothing more. M101 (local and limited) and M103 were at Manhattanville; M102 was at West Side.

Of course, in a bit of NIMBY-ism, some folks on the Upper East Side were very upset to see buses with "West Side Depot" decals.

Not so fast paco! When MH reopens in 2012, it will have the capability of handling articulated coaches and double decker coaches (even though that order never materialized), there will also be provisions to maintain CNG equipment even though this depot will NOT be a CNG depot.

I thought the M15 would be at least partly out of 100th Street?

unless they drop a route, they don't have enough buses to handle that route. they can't accept of 126th's buses b/c they don't have a separate lot to park the extra buses, and that depot is already packed as it is. MJQ is huge, and they have room. not a lot of room, but they have room. MCH is gonna be empty, and in need of buses and routes, so it makes sense that a majority of 126th's buses and routes go there

unless they drop a route, they don't have enough buses to handle that route. they can't accept of 126th's buses b/c they don't have a separate lot to park the extra buses, and that depot is already packed as it is. MJQ is huge, and they have room. not a lot of room, but they have room. MCH is gonna be empty, and in need of buses and routes, so it makes sense that a majority of 126th's buses and routes go there

I was gonna say the (M31) can go to MJQ, that's about it. The others can go to MCH. Are the (M1), (M2), and (M7) going to say at MHV when this happens?

Archived