Bus service alerts

Amtrak7

It seems that the MTA is now posting service advisories in the same format as subway advisories for bus alerts, and while they have done this in the past, this weekend is nothing special.

But express buses only...

X10 Express buses are being detoured due to the National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations Street Fair

Days, 9 AM to 6 PM, Sunday, Jul 10

Due to National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations Street Fair on Madison Av from 42 and 57 Sts, buses will make corresponding stops on 3 Av at alternate streets.

Here are two of my own example of detours never shown on LIB first a few months ago on the N22 Prospect Blvd was closed at one point due to brick being laid down no detour shown on the website. Second Example is about how the N79 at night its not mentioned how bus stops are far away from the bus due to construction on Old Country road.

Why Can't they do the same For LIB?

It seems that the MTA is now posting service advisories in the same format as subway advisories for bus alerts, and while they have done this in the past, this weekend is nothing special.

But express buses only...

Maybe it has something to do with my complaint to the (MTA) not too long ago. There was a sh*t load of detours that day and no sort of notes as to where buses were being detoured and I'm sure many folks were bypassed as a result. To say I was irritated is an understatement because it was so bad that the B/Os often times don't know about the detours, or at least they don't know where to go.

They wrote back saying that they apologized for the inconvience and that they would do a better job of giving more details about the detours. This is especially important on the express buses because there are often times more than one detour. In fact every weekend now there seems to be a detour in the city. Yesterday there was yet another one at 14th & 6th and then today another one at 42nd & Madison.

Plus there is a movie shoot that has been going on basically every Sunday on various parts of Madison Avenue... :P

Factor all of the detours in and the fact that they've changed where several express bus stops are located and it is easy to see how people would be confused. I have to give the DOT credit in moving the stops though. Much better this way along 57th st. This way you don't have tourists and local bus and sh*t running to the stop like they did when the X10 stop was on the other side of Madison & 57th. They also got rid of the M57/M31 stop at Broadway & 57th and moved the express bus stop there for the X12, X14, X30and X42. Before they had that stop over by where that Gap store is and you would have to literally flag the express buses down to stop. It's as if they didn't think anyone would board there or something. Now having the stop across the street where only express buses stop makes it less stressful catching the bus since there are no local buses and no local bus riders or local buses blocking your view and such to see if the express bus is coming.

Before the June service cut. 7th Av bet 42nd & 41st Sts used to have seven buses stopping.

M6, M7, M10, M20, BxM2, Grayline, CitySight buses together, total of 7 buses sharing same block.

After service cut,

M7, M20, M104, BxM2, Grayline, CitySight, total of 6 buses sharing same block.

When I walked through Times Sq recently, Grayline bus stops been move to 7th Av bet 41st & 40th Sts.

I signed up for those emails around a year or two ago, I've been getting updates whenever something gets re-routed (on a route relevant to me) the past year.

Yes, but those emails only say what has been rerouted. Not via what street.

Archived