New Flyer D60LF Demo Bus in NY

TransitGuy

So the two enemies are now fondling each others bottoms, to see who gives in first huh? So now they tested the Van-Hool AG300, Citaro G, NovaBus LFS artic, and now back to Goo Flyer. My guess would be they need buses now, and Goo Flyer can provide them quickly. The Van-Hool is expensive since it has to be imported in pieces (possibly from Belgium) , and assembled here is the states, the Citaro G would be manufactured by Orion, but they have to build a plant or extend their plant to make these models, and that will be years down the road, NovaBus LFS artic, well it's too new, and MTA possibly doesn't want to be the USA guinea pig for this test, and NABI well it's NABI. That leaves New Flyer LFS which a large TA (TTC), uses in Canada. They can provide the buses quickly, since it's an "off the shelf" proven and tested bus, made in North America. If MTA gets these, 3 doors better still be on the bus. It shouldn't be a decision to be made, but standard for any artic that MTA gets in the future.

Now the question remains, is it going to be Hybrid, or diesel. If diesel, which engine will power it, since the DD50 is done. CAT, Cummins, or DD60.

So the two enemies are now fondling each others bottoms, to see who gives in first huh? So now they tested the Van-Hool AG300, Citaro G, NovaBus LFS artic, and now back to Goo Flyer. My guess would be they need buses now, and Goo Flyer can provide them quickly. The Van-Hool is expensive since it has to be imported in pieces (possibly from Belgium) , and assembled here is the states, the Citaro G would be manufactured by Orion, but they have to build a plant or extend their plant to make these models, and that will be years down the road, NovaBus LFS artic, well it's too new, and MTA possibly doesn't want to be the USA guinea pig for this test, and NABI well it's NABI. That leaves New Flyer LFS which a large TA (TTC), uses in Canada. They can provide the buses quickly, since it's an "off the shelf" proven and tested bus, made in North America. If MTA gets these, 3 doors better still be on the bus. It shouldn't be a decision to be made, but standard for any artic that MTA gets in the future.

Now the question remains, is it going to be Hybrid, or diesel. If diesel, which engine will power it, since the DD50 is done. CAT, Cummins, or DD60.

If it's diesel, it would most likely be the CAT, if Hybrid it will definitely be a Cummins. Detroit Diesel no longer makes engines for transit buses. B) The DD60 is only available in trucks now. This is because of the relationship that Daimler/Orion has with Cummins, and the fact that Detroit Diesel is a Daimler company.

I heard rumors that this bus was testing on the B35. Someone said that they saw it on church ave.

Btw didn't the MTA and new flyer had some kind of feud???? Did the MTA and new flyer kiss kiss and made up??

Well it looks as if they are trying to kiss and make up. Right now they can't come to an agreement on the warranty. MTA want's a better warranty on the LF's. The TA was not too happy about the ones with the HF's, and when New Flyer decided to discontinue the HF is when the s@#$ really hit the fan.

So it looks af if my prediction was right. The TA wants more New Flyers, they just can't agree on the terms. It's somewhat complicated this time around due to the law suit MTA had against NFI. The demo bus will be going to Staten Island tomorrow for testing, then MTA Bus next week.

Yes, you read that right. Staten Island!

I heard rumors that this bus was testing on the B35. Someone said that they saw it on church ave.

Btw didn't the MTA and new flyer had some kind of feud???? Did the MTA and new flyer kiss kiss and made up??

Wasn't it a Nova LFS that was seen on the B35?

But yeah, surprising busfans haven't caught up much to it yet.

Wasn't it a Nova LFS that was seen on the B35?

But yeah, surprising busfans haven't caught up much to it yet.

Yeah supposedly the LFS was on the B35. It's interesting that none uf us have seen it though. There are too many bus fans for us to not have seen it. We've seen the Citaro, a few have seen the D60LF, but what about this mystery LFS, and why would it test in Brooklyn rather than Manhattan or the Bronx first?

Yeah supposedly the LFS was on the B35. It's interesting that none uf us have seen it though. There are too many bus fans for us to not have seen it. We've seen the Citaro, a few have seen the D60LF, but what about this mystery LFS, and why would it test in Brooklyn rather than Manhattan or the Bronx first?

For me, the Nova LFS is just another foamer's rumor and won't believe it until I see REAL pictures or hear it from an MTA employee and a reliable source.

Well it looks as if they are trying to kiss and make up. Right now they can't come to an agreement on the warranty. MTA want's a better warranty on the LF's. The TA was not too happy about the ones with the HF's, and when New Flyer decided to discontinue the HF is when the s@#$ really hit the fan.

So it looks af if my prediction was right. The TA wants more New Flyers, they just can't agree on the terms. It's somewhat complicated this time around due to the law suit MTA had against NFI. The demo bus will be going to Staten Island tomorrow for testing, then MTA Bus next week.

Yes, you read that right. Staten Island!

Staten Island, I would LOVE to see artics in staten island. So many hills and some routes just get waaaaaaay too overcrowded, like the S44, which is a very technical route. The S79/89 Buses would be sweet with them.

Staten Island, I would LOVE to see artics in staten island. So many hills and some routes just get waaaaaaay too overcrowded, like the S44, which is a very technical route. The S79/89 Buses would be sweet with them.

I would bet the farm that if SI does get them, it will be the S44, S79/89

Ah man, put artics on the S89 and it'll be the end of me. If I had to take a seat after hearing an O5 scream down Route 440 on its way to the Bayonne Bridge, imagine what an artic would leave me.

And then the ride on artics would be amazing on Route 440 in Bayonne.

That bus looks like at articated version of the new flyer LF out of JG.
It also sounds like a C40LF.

ets_4908ct-tour-28.jpg

Look how fast that thing takes off, and yes that's a Detroit Diesel Series 50, too bad DD went outta bus-iness.

(Obviously not my photo or video B))

OMG that bus sounds just like an NF LF bus!!!! That bus even has automated aconncements!!! I like the paint scheme on that bus. I wonder how that bus will be when it start running in serivce in NYC. I hope they go with this bus instead of that cirio bus. But then again im not sure i would have to ride them both to make up my mind LOL.

Nice, I really hope the MTA orders some of those.

I agree too, but they need to go all out and get the (Hybrid) DE60LFR.

OMG that bus sounds just like an NF LF bus!!!! That bus even has automated aconncements!!! I like the paint scheme on that bus. I wonder how that bus will be when it start running in serivce in NYC. I hope they go with this bus instead of that cirio bus. But then again im not sure i would have to ride them both to make up my mind LOL.

It's a D35LF in the front, put together with the last 20 feet of a D40LF. The one in the vid sounds like it's CAT powered. I would be willing to bet that the MTA will get the Citaro Artic when it's available in 2010/11. But as for right now, hopefully they get Flyers.

I would bet the farm that if SI does get them, it will be the S44, S79/89

The S44 has been my home route for 3 years now and I definitely agree that it can use some Artics for the rush hours at this point in time. The Orion Vs and Novas can't handle the ridership loads at some times. The S61 and S79 would also be great candidates for Artics too. OTOH, the S89 doesn't even have enough ridership yet to fill up an Orion V so running Artics on it would be a waste.

The S44 has been my home route for 3 years now and I definitely agree that it can use some Artics for the rush hours at this point in time. The Orion Vs and Novas can't handle the ridership loads at some times. The S61 and S79 would also be great candidates for Artics too. OTOH, the S89 doesn't even have enough ridership yet to fill up an Orion V so running Artics on it would be a waste.

I was kinda thinking about that too. The S89 would be alright with just 40 footers. Now I've only been to SI in like twice in the last 2 years, so other than the info I get from you guys and a B/O out of Casleton, I pretty much only keep track of the buses down there.

Somebody said the 89 going to get MCI and I think that a waste too!.B)

Archived