New Flyer D60LF Demo Bus in NY

TransitGuy

Yeah, they are supposed to get some of the new 4300 series buses, which should be coming in any day now.

I'm sort of shocked they didn't come in last week of May but MCI is good with delivery so I do expect in by the time MCIs are to be put on the S89.

I'm sort of shocked they didn't come in last week of May but MCI is good with delivery so I do expect in by the time MCIs are to be put on the S89.

This week is the official deadline, so It looks like they will be delayed too if they aren't here this weekend.

Does anyone know how many doors are on this demo bus?????????
It should have 3 (technically 6) considering the year of the D60LF.

EDIT: Nevermind it doesn't have 3, what does MTA have against more doors?!!?

The D60LF thats there is a 2005-2006 model, this was before the 6 door model was made.

Just 2

I don't know, but the Citaro has 3, the AG300 has 3. We need 3 doors on the artics here. 2 doors is why the artic lines take so long. We spend more time loading/unloading, than moving at times. Extra 20ft, get one more door. This is why I can't wait to get out of here. Idiots order stuff in the DOB, and don't know what is needed. Any person with half a brain will realize that if smaller cities have 3 door artics, why doesn't the largest city..........

I don't know, but the Citaro has 3, the AG300 has 3. We need 3 doors on the artics here. 2 doors is why the artic lines take so long. We spend more time loading/unloading, than moving at times. Extra 20ft, get one more door. This is why I can't wait to get out of here. Idiots order stuff in the DOB, and don't know what is needed. Any person with half a brain will realize that if smaller cities have 3 door artics, why doesn't the largest city..........

The D/DE60 is avaiable with 3 doors, but this Canadian demo only has 2.

The D60LF thats there is a 2005-2006 model, this was before the 6 door model was made.

O.K., hopefully they will get a 3 door model........

The D/DE60 is avaiable with 3 doors, but this Canadian demo only has 2.

Good cause OC Transpo has 3 door artics. We better follow this smaller city's lead........

O.K., hopefully they will get a 3 door model........

Good cause OC Transpo has 3 door artics. We better follow this smaller city's lead........

what I meant was, the 2 sliding doors at the front of the bus ( one on each side ) and the 2 flapping doors on the left and right on the front half and trailer part of the bus, sorry for the bad wording @_@; Like how the citaro is ! But I guess its 3 doors, logically.. ;)

I aplogize for my bad wording :(

what I meant was, the 2 sliding doors at the front of the bus ( one on each side ) and the 2 flapping doors on the left and right on the front half and trailer part of the bus, sorry for the bad wording @_@; Like how the citaro is ! But I guess its 3 doors, logically.. ;)

I aplogize for my bad wording :(

So what you are saying is there is 3 sets of doors like the Citaro?

dasfas

What i was trying to explain in my first post about the bus model

I actually counted the doors, i didnt think both doors = 1 So i guess its a 3 door model, logically speaking

BUT, the 07-08 D60LFs have 3 sets of doors I believe

But the one that we currently have has 2 doors, 1 at the front and 1 at the trailer side.

AHHH I CAUSED CONFUSION @_@

I'm not that good with buses. I'm sorry ! ;)

dasfas

What i was trying to explain in my first post about the bus model

I actually counted the doors, i didnt think both doors = 1 So i guess its a 3 door model, logically speaking

BUT, the 07-08 D60LFs have 3 sets of doors I believe

But the one that we currently have has 2 doors, 1 at the front and 1 at the trailer side.

AHHH I CAUSED CONFUSION @_@

I'm not that good with buses. I'm sorry ! ;)

It depends on the indiviual agency specs. They have options of 2 to 5 doors.

Just to correct you two, the front of these artics are the trailer. The rear is actually the tractor part. Back pushes front. Only the puller models are tractor trailer type artics. Front pulls the rear. Oh why no Van-Hool AG300 036.gif

Just to correct you two, the front of these artics are the trailer. The rear is actually the tractor part. Back pushes front. Only the puller models are tractor trailer type artics. Front pulls the rear. Oh why no Van-Hool AG300 036.gif

ahh, thanks for the clarification. I'm starting to learn about buses and their specs so it'll take time for me to learn just as much as I can with buses.

Archived