Bus Cleaner (OA) pay?

jmazz77

Anyone have any idea what the starting pay is for Bus Cleaner (OA) under the new contract? I can find top pay rates on the union website, but nothing on starting pay rate...

thanks in advance

Anyone have any idea what the starting pay is for Bus Cleaner (OA) under the new contract? I can find top pay rates on the union website, but nothing on starting pay rate...

thanks in advance

Hey whats going on with that stiuation?

In Limbo right now till Thursday. Had to see another Ophthalmologist/MTA consultant last thursday. They have 5 days to send their report to M.A.C. But I am pretty sure of what the outcome will be. Nothing I can do about it.

It's a federal D.O.T. law and they have to follow it. So it is what it is.

In Limbo right now till Thursday. Had to see another Ophthalmologist/MTA consultant last thursday. They have 5 days to send their report to M.A.C. But I am pretty sure of what the outcome will be. Nothing I can do about it.

It's a federal D.O.T. law and they have to follow it. So it is what it is.

WOW well hope for the best and good luck on the outcome bro.

thanks in advance

Top Pay is btw $25 to 27 an hours. check the twulocal100.org

David:cool:

thanks Dave. I found that.. But trying to find out starting pay rate.

Bus cleaner for OA top pay is same for every other cleaner system wide. It's $25.39/hr top pay and $15.14 minimum pay. My fiancee's aunt is a bus cleaner @ 100st Depot and that's what she makes. Also I'm very sorry to hear you being forcefully demoted J. But you did say you wanted to get out of being a B/O anyway, so it's not all bad. And at least you still have a job. Also did they at least let you keep your time you completed for your probation from B/O?

Hey Will. Thanks. I won't know details or what will happen for certain till Thursday, but I am 99% sure it will happen.

On one hand it is a relief b/c I won't be dealing with all the BS of driving, and all the BS the mta puts you through to drive.. I just gotta figure out how I am gonna deal with the pay cut. That's my concern right now.

Thanks for the #s. Hopefully after my first year, I figure I should be back to, or close to, where I am now pay-wise, @ $22.46/hr.

This whole thing just kinda through a wrench into my plans. I was "settling in" to the seat, being ok with driving, and making plans to move upstate in the next year or two and stay working in the Bronx.. But now, this won't be possible. Also, moving up to a Dispatcher is now out the window. I think the furthest I can go promotion wise wold be a cleaner/helper or into the storeroom. Can't go to Maintainer like I was hoping.

I am thankful I still have a job though. :tup:Retaining the benefits is most important.

Hey Will. Thanks. I won't know details or what will happen for certain till Thursday, but I am 99% sure it will happen.

On one hand it is a relief b/c I won't be dealing with all the BS of driving, and all the BS the mta puts you through to drive.. I just gotta figure out how I am gonna deal with the pay cut. That's my concern right now.

Thanks for the #s. Hopefully after my first year, I figure I should be back to, or close to, where I am now pay-wise, @ $22.46/hr.

This whole thing just kinda through a wrench into my plans. I was "settling in" to the seat, being ok with driving, and making plans to move upstate in the next year or two and stay working in the Bronx.. But now, this won't be possible. Also, moving up to a Dispatcher is now out the window. I think the furthest I can go promotion wise wold be a cleaner/helper or into the storeroom. Can't go to Maintainer like I was hoping.

I am thankful I still have a job though. :tup:Retaining the benefits is most important.

you can still move all the way up to manager even as a cleaner. you just need to take the promotion test to helper maintainer OA, then you can take the promotion to CM test. Once there, you can go supervisor and up or into P&E.

That is what my plan was.. But having a color deficiency in my eyes, I don't know if I will be able to make it to Maintainer. If I could go for Chassis Maintainer, then I will go for it.

The "doctor" at the MAC said it wouldn't be a problem, just that I couldn't drive in passenger service.. But anything anyone tells me from MAC, management or the union I am "taking with a grain of salt". Basically, not getting my hopes up.

And I say the union b/c they have been no help to me. I get more info,advice & help from strangers on this forum than I do from the union taking money from my paycheck. I'm tired of being told not to worry about it. I'd like to see them not fret about losing $1000/mo from their paychecks.:mad:

Sorry to hear that, jmazz77.

This sucks because you haven't been fully vested yet; if you were, after the 5 year mark, I don't think you would mind taking another position at the same pay rate.

Actually it takes 10 years of service to be medically demoted and keep the pay rate of your former title. All the 5 year pension vestment does is insure you won't get laid off, when lay-offs come. Or if you laid off they have to pay you a partial pension.

That is what my plan was.. But having a color deficiency in my eyes, I don't know if I will be able to make it to Maintainer. If I could go for Chassis Maintainer, then I will go for it.

The "doctor" at the MAC said it wouldn't be a problem, just that I couldn't drive in passenger service.. But anything anyone tells me from MAC, management or the union I am "taking with a grain of salt". Basically, not getting my hopes up.

And I say the union b/c they have been no help to me. I get more info,advice & help from strangers on this forum than I do from the union taking money from my paycheck. I'm tired of being told not to worry about it. I'd like to see them not fret about losing $1000/mo from their paychecks.:mad:

I hate to say it too, but the pay cut won't be forever. If there's one thing I've learned from being laid off, is I can definitely live on less than I was making with TA and better manage my money.

Archived