Walmart shopper gets owned by shoplifters.

Acela Express

She's demanding the cashier to do something about it. Why? She's on the register, checking-out customers, which is far more important to Wal-Mart - or any other retail corporation - than chasing down shoplifters. This is quite the reason they are hiring security agencies to handle these scenarios.

On another note; with the face injuries on "supermom", I hope she's not planning to take legal action against Wal-Mart. Hello! Idiot - no one told you to take up Batman's mantle and pursue the issue when you're just buying (for example) Huggies and Gatorade!

The items are insured, so if anyone steals them the company gets a return on the theft products. Coupled with the fact that the cashiers don't get paid enough to risk their lives I say this woman is an idiot.

There's insurance on the store's safe if anything ever stolen. However, products are not covered. This is where Loss Prevention department plays a role - to ensure security measures are in place to prevent theft. If there was insurance on products then we wouldn't need security guards, would we?

I speak as a former Assistant Manager at Walgreens for 6 years.

Wal-Mart = joke of the town.

inb4forestglensdefenseoverthegreateststoreofalltime

Wal-Mart = Sales tax revenue and $$ for the area, cheap goods = people spending less and having less debt. If people don't want to work there and get minimum wage, they don't have to! Nobody ever forces you to work in a certain place. And minimum wage is certainly better than unemployment.

Wal-Mart = Sales tax revenue and $$ for the area, cheap goods = people spending less and having less debt. If people don't want to work there and get minimum wage, they don't have to! Nobody ever forces you to work in a certain place. And minimum wage is certainly better than unemployment.

Oh boy... Here we go... Another Forest Glen... You clearly have no clue about economics. Go get a college degree and then go work at Walmart since you're fine with cheap wages.

Oh boy... Here we go... Another Forest Glen... You clearly have no clue about economics. Go get a college degree and then go work at Walmart since you're fine with cheap wages.

What's wrong with those economics?

What's wrong with those economics?

Ay yay yay... Do we really need another Walmart 101 discussion...??? ;)

I would think that both you and Amtrak are bit too young to understand that Walmart is not a place that one wants to work at. When I was a 17 year old college student, I saw no problem shopping at Walmart (naïtivity :(), but as a 29 year old middle class working professional, I wouldn't step foot in a Walmart.

I'da laughed at her too... the f*** you jumpin on someone's car for?

That's not gonna stop a thief, that's only gonna anger them.... She's lucky she didn't get ran the hell over....

As a consumer at some store, if someone else decides they wanna start deadin (stealing) things, that's their business.... I'm not gettin involved... bad enough I'm treated like a criminal when I enter some establishment, period.

This iddn't really a walmart issue, per say... but still, I don't blame that cashier one bit.... she prolly don't have health insurance, so why risk it.... regardless of that, as a cashier, it aint in her job description to stop shoplifters anyway....

...and I wouldn't have "watched" over her purse, either.... that's also not my job.

I'da laughed at her too... the f*** you jumpin on someone's car for?

That's not gonna stop a thief, that's only gonna anger them.... She's lucky she didn't get ran the hell over....

As a consumer at some store, if someone else decides they wanna start deadin (stealing) things, that's their business.... I'm not gettin involved... bad enough I'm treated like a criminal when I enter some establishment, period.

This iddn't really a walmart issue, per say... but still, I don't blame that cashier one bit.... she prolly don't have health insurance, so why risk it.... regardless of that, as a cashier, it aint in her job description to stop shoplifters anyway....

...and I wouldn't have "watched" over her purse, either.... that's also not my job.

LOL... That's like the people you see in the park... You're sitting there relaxing and they're like "Oh, can you watch my bags for me? I'll be right back" I look like Uh, yeeeeaaahhhh okay, as if I could give a f*ck about their bags. If I'm gone when you come back oh well. Your problem not mine.

Reminds me of this chick that asked me to hold the X10 for her while she ran into the store to take a "tinkle". lol The bus came and I got on and got settled and was like oh well. Luckily for her the driver waited at the stop for a while because I sure as hell wasn't holding the bus up for her when I wanted to get home.

Ay yay yay... Do we really need another Walmart 101 discussion...??? ;)

I would think that both you and Amtrak are bit too young to understand that Walmart is not a place that one wants to work at. When I was a 17 year old college student, I saw no problem shopping at Walmart (naïtivity :(), but as a 29 year old middle class working professional, I wouldn't step foot in a Walmart.

Damn. I wish I could be in college at 17. My mother said that, in Peru, high school finishes at 16, and we were actually considering traveling to Peru to go to school for a year or two so I could get out of high school early that way.

Had I done that, I'd be starting college this September.

LOL... That's like the people you see in the park... You're sitting there relaxing and they're like "Oh, can you watch my bags for me? I'll be right back" I look like Uh, yeeeeaaahhhh okay, as if I could give a f*ck about their bags. If I'm gone when you come back oh well. Your problem not mine.

Reminds me of this chick that asked me to hold the X10 for her while she ran into the store to take a "tinkle". lol The bus came and I got on and got settled and was like oh well. Luckily for her the driver waited at the stop for a while because I sure as hell wasn't holding the bus up for her when I wanted to get home.

Personally, I wouldn't trust a complete stranger to watch my belongings for me, unless it was a dire emergency (like if I were a parent and my child was running into the street). The common sense rule of "Keep your belongings in sight at all times" applies pretty much everywhere.

Damn. I wish I could be in college at 17. My mother said that, in Peru, high school finishes at 16, and we were actually considering traveling to Peru to go to school for a year or two so I could get out of high school early that way.

Yep, I started as a 17 year old since my birthday is in late September. :cool: I didn't technically finish though until I was 23 because I took off one semester to work and write my proposals and such for my study abroad program. I figured what was the rush? I didn't want to cram in a sh*t load of classes which allowed me to keep my 3.92 GPA. :cool:

Yep, I started as a 17 year old since my birthday is in late September. :cool:

Lucky you. You went to high school in the U.S didn't you?

The problem is that, at first, Walmart brings new jobs into the area, but eventually, they start forcing out smaller businesses, which actually means fewer jobs in that area. Plus, I'm sure a family-owned business would treat its employees a little better than Walmart.

It's different for other corporations such as ShopRite because generally, they give the workers higher pay and more benefits.

That being said, as a consumer, I'll always shop at the cheapest store available. Since there's no Walmart, I have to settle for ShopRite or Western Beef.

Lol...I entered college at 17 but turned 18 during my freshman year (my birthday is in December). My friend entered college when she was 16 but turned 17 in her freshman year, and her birthday is in December as well. She skipped freshman year of high school which is why she's ahead.

Lucky you. You went to high school in the U.S didn't you?

Uh huh... Graduated with honours and then jumped right into college... :cool:

Had I passed that AP English exam I would've been able to skip a few classes which would've allowed me to graduate earlier, but like I said, I was in no rush. Looking back on it I wouldn't have changed a thing either.

You know what I do when ppl. ask me to watch over their things....

I shrug my shoulders & go "emm"

(can't really spell it, as it's more of a sound, than an actual word)...

Almost everytime, they go over to the nearest person & ask them the same thing.... the stink looks I get after the fact, are priceless... sometimes you may hear a slight snicker out of me....

As for holding a bus for someone I don't know, that aint happenin...

Honestly, I find that embarrassing...

Lol...I entered college at 17 but turned 18 during my freshman year (my birthday is in December). My friend entered college when she was 16 but turned 17 in her freshman year, and her birthday is in December as well. She skipped freshman year of high school which is why she's ahead.

Had I passed that AP English exam I would've been able to skip a few classes which would've allowed me to graduate earlier, but like I said, I was in no rush. Looking back on it I wouldn't have changed a thing either.

I also graduated high school & entered college at 17, being that my birthday is in late october.... I thought about skipping sophomore year (school asked if I wanted to do it... I declined)... Glad I didn't, as I had the most fun in my 2nd year of HS....

I got so many awards & honors my senior year, I started gettin pissed off during the awards ceremony.... like, I'm tired of gettin up every 5 mins... even the security guard gave me dap & tried to get me to smile; he did that by givin me a pound each time before I went on stage... lol... ended up gettin a hug & a kiss at the end of it all by this one chick that was feelin me (to this day, I don't know why she chose to do that on that particular day)... not sure why I have that effect on ppl, but I wasn't complainin.... I'm thinkin b/c she knew my fam'ly was in the crowd....

I see now. So then in that case, you and Via Garibaldi weren't much ahead of me. My birthday is in May, so you guys were about to turn 18 anyway.

I'll probably do something similar. I'll take as many AP classes as possible, and then take it easy once I'm in college (to me, the thing that matters is getting the cost and time of those AP courses out of the way)

Almost everytime, they go over to the nearest person & ask them the same thing.... the stink looks I get after the fact, are priceless... sometimes you may hear a slight snicker out of me....

I'll hold a bus for somebody if I see them running for it. I would want them to do the same for me.

LOL

That's like the guy who tried to go in front of to get on the X14 because it was pouring out and he had no umbrella. I go EXCUSE ME, but there's a line here and he's like yeah, but it's pouring out. I go, Oh yeah? Well that's not my problem. LOL

Personally, I wouldn't trust a complete stranger to watch my belongings for me, unless it was a dire emergency (like if I were a parent and my child was running into the street). The common sense rule of "Keep your belongings in sight at all times" applies pretty much everywhere.

Yeah, people for some reason feel like they can trust me and they just come out of their face with the most ridiculous BS. Yesterday I've got my Whole Foods bag waiting there in the shade for the M2 bus and this pale looking dude comes near me. I already knew he was up to something so I keep my eye on him. Then he asks if I could help him out and before he could finish I go "Uh... NO".... Then he asks where the Beth Israel emergency room was and I go it's down the block. Then he's like "Can't you help a dude out and take me to the emergency room?" Then I feel myself getting heated and I go "I told you it's down the block, now get the skip the f*ck along!".

I got so many awards & honors my senior year, I started gettin pissed off during the awards ceremony.... like, I'm tired of gettin up every 5 mins... even the security guard gave me dap & tried to get me to smile; he did that while givin me a pound each time before I went on stage... lol... ended up gettin a hug & a kiss at the end of it all by this one chick that was feelin me (to this day, I don't know why she chose to do that on that particular day)... not sure why I have that effect on ppl, but I wasn't complainin....

LOL... I remember my HS graduation... Similar situation w/having to get up multiple times for awards. Have to say that it was certainly unexpected.

It's the same thing with me. I'll be happy to give directions, but I'm not going to miss a bus (or 2 or 3 if it's a frequent route) just to help somebody out. Maybe if somebody's dying in the street or something, but otherwise, they're better off looking for somebody with more time.

It's the same thing with me. I'll be happy to give directions, but I'm not going to miss a bus (or 2 or 3 if it's a frequent route) just to help somebody out. Maybe if somebody's dying in the street or something, but otherwise, they're better off looking for somebody with more time.

LOL... Yeah and you're speedy González anyway, so I can't imagine you waiting around to give anyone directions.

I'll hold a bus for somebody if I see them running for it. I would want them to do the same for me.

Yeah, but do you get mad when someone doesn't hold a bus for you when they see you running? That goes both ways....

Me, I don't try to hold a bus for no one that goes & takes a leak, walks in a store, or are running from too far a distance..... Nor do I get mad when I'm runnin for a bus, and no one tries to stop it... Why?

....because this is NYC... I expect it !

If I miss a bus, it's MY fail.... I get somewhat mad at myself for missin it....

To me, there's a huge difference b/w givin someone directions, and holding a bus for someone....

LOL

That's like the guy who tried to go in front of to get on the X14 because it was pouring out and he had no umbrella. I go EXCUSE ME, but there's a line here and he's like yeah, but it's pouring out. I go, Oh yeah? Well that's not my problem. LOL

I don't tell them there's a line (if they don't ask).... Those are the people I resort to shoving out the way if they go as far as to brush themselves onto me... and I get just enough in someone's way when I'm boarding an exp. bus where I don't touch them too..... You aint skippin me... You either wait in line, or for all I care.... Drown.

Because I'm usually the guy w/ the hoody on, instead of holding an umbrella... I can't see myself tryna bumrush someone to get on a bus.....

Yeah, people for some reason feel like they can trust me and they just come out of their face with the most ridiculous BS. Yesterday I've got my Whole Foods bag waiting there in the shade for the M2 bus and this pale looking dude comes near me. I already knew he was up to something so I keep my eye on him. Then he asks if I could help him out and before he could finish I go "Uh... NO".... Then he asks where the Beth Israel emergency room was and I go it's down the block. Then he's like "Can't you help a dude out and take me to the emergency room?" Then I feel myself getting heated and I go "I told you it's down the block, now get the skip the f*ck along!"

same here... ppl tend to latch on to me for w/e the reason.... guess it's that whole opposites (personality) attract thing.... b/c I'm not one to strike up a conversation w/ someone, or to even be near anyone... people drain me.... Self-assessing myself, I'm not the most personable person to be around if I don't know you.....

as for your story, good thing you were keen enough.... he probably would have tried to get you to foot the bill too... sayin that you're a family member or some'n like that, since you'd have came in together... I had a similar situation like that happen to me... except it involved an all you can eat buffet out in Virginia....

this guy took out a doggie bag, and pointed at me & said "my friend over there will pay for it..." (I was sittin down eatin @ the time).... He also gave a stupid reason as to why he left, had somethin to do with his wife... unluckily for him, an off duty policeman was sittin right in front of my table....

Because I'm usually the guy w/ the hoody on, instead of holding an umbrella... I can't see myself tryna bumrush someone to get on a bus.....

same here... ppl tend to latch on to me for w/e the reason.... guess it's that whole opposites (personality) attract thing.... b/c I'm not one to strike up a conversation w/ someone, or to even be near anyone... people drain me.... Self-assessing myself, I'm not the most personable person to be around if I don't know you.....

as for your story, good thing you were keen enough.... he probably would have tried to get you to foot the bill too... sayin that you're a family member or some'n like that, since you'd have came in together... I had a similar situation like that happen to me... except it involved an all you can eat buffet out in Virginia....

this guy took out a doggie bag, and pointed at me & said "my friend over there will pay for it..." (I was sittin down eatin @ the time).... He also gave a stupid reason as to why he left, had somethin to do with his wife... unluckily for him, an off duty policeman was sittin right in front of my table....

LOL@ buffet story... Yeah, people are always trying to get over so I'm always one step ahead...

As for me personally, I would consider myself to be the same way. I have my click of friends and that's it. I would consider myself to be quite anti-social at times, reserved and cold, but apparently that's a trait of Libras. All depends on my mood. We're not too fond of big crowds generally and incompetent, annoying folks. LOL That's one reason I like the express bus because it's not uber crowded with people banging into you and sh*t. Drives me nuts. :mad:

As for the Walmart situation, no way in hell would I have tried to stop those guys. That's Walmart's problem not mine. I was in the Duane Reade over on 8th & 34th once and some guy was trying to steal something apparently and the security guard has the guy and then then some of the workers came and they're all there trying to subdue the guy. I'm sitting there looking like okay let's rap this up so I can get the hell out of this store. lol I didn't feel like going through that other entrance since that would've put me further away from where I was going, aside from the fact that the guy was just a thief anyway. Wasn't at all a threat IMO to do any real harm to anyone.

Archived