Express lines...

transit bx

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How the hell can the BM5 be compatible with the QM15???? B/c they both run on Woodhaven Boulevard doesn't they can run, merge and/or be compatible. QM15 doesn't have a weekend run and you think making the BM5 run to Lindenwood will make it better. Hell no you'll have pissed off Spring Creek customers. I bet you never rode the BM5 nor the QM15 a day in you life. A QM route merging with the BM2...oh yeah that's really great NOT. You make no sense whatsoever!. Learn to ride routes b4 making fabrication plans!

Apparently he doesn't know what he's talking about!

READ THE POST I DID NOT SUGGEST BM2 MERGE WITH ANY ROUTE!!!!!!!! Plus I used the BM5 and QM15 at off peak hours the spring creek ppl are using the rte at rush hour only 5 to 10 ppl use it off peak. Plus you misread I said OFF PEAK and no its an immediate thought not a plan so calm down the screaming isn't nessesary it just makes you look RETARTED. We are dealing with bus rtes NOT MISSILES now take a chill pill buddy!!!!!! I meant off peak if the BM5's ridership is dismal at off peak not many are effected not that I would actually want it to merge or even do it it's just an option better than extending BM2 needlessly. I know BM2 is UNMERGABLE.

HOW??? I know their buses are high quality but other than that why are they the best??

I've ridden BMs 1-4, (I haven't checked out the BM5 yet though), and pretty much most of their buses are on time. I think I've met some of the most courteous bus operators out of that bus depot.

READ THE POST I DID NOT SUGGEST BM2 MERGE WITH ANY ROUTE!!!!!!!! Plus I used the BM5 and QM15 at off peak hours the spring creek ppl are using the rte at rush hour only 5 to 10 ppl use it off peak. Plus you misread I said OFF PEAK and no its an immediate thought not a plan so calm down the screaming isn't nessesary it just makes you look RETARTED. We are dealing with bus rtes NOT MISSILES now take a chill pill buddy!!!!!! I meant off peak if the BM5's ridership is dismal at off peak not many are effected not that I would actually want it to merge or even do it it's just an option better than extending BM2 needlessly. I know BM2 is UNMERGABLE.

You sound retarded.....I didn't misread anything. Learn to type properly next time. You don't make any sense by touching the BM5 for off peak....its fine just the way it is as well as the QM15. Nothing needs to be merged....leave things the way they are. The riders are happy with their express bus routes. Learn to ride the routes b4 making fabrications. Next time you need to learn to read b/c I wasn't screaming @ you.....CAPS indicates screams and/or yelling. Yeah I thought so!

well, at least 2 other people have also experienced similar problems on the BxM10....

what is this compatibility BS you're bringing up all of a sudden?

Tell me how 2 routes are compatible with each other.....

The BM5 & the QM15 have Woodhaven Blvd in common, but what the heck constitutes compatibility.....

If I'm a transit enthusiast, and Rokusix (a female) is a transit enthusiast...

Does that automatically mean we're compatible with each other?

Lmao !

Let me simplify compatibility what I mean compatibility of lines are lines that share similar terminals or are connected by a highway that is fast moving and the rtes travel similar directions and when merged DO NOT backtrack. Compatibility was what allowed the Q45 and Q47 to merge into one rte. The fact that the Q45 didn't have a traffic bottleneck holding it back allowed it to merge with Q47 without slowing down the route too much. BM5 its final pickup in brooklyn is 79th street at linden blvd the QM 15 runs at 155th ave which links with 79th street that allows offpeak compatibility but the schedules don't mesh so that can easily throw off the rte. Also it adds extra riders to BM5 but at rush hour ridership on both lines separate are almost full making merging IMPOSSIBLE the buses serve 2 completely different riders at rush hour.

You sound retarded.....I didn't misread anything. Learn to type properly next time. You don't make any sense by touching the BM5 for off peak....its fine just the way it is as well as the QM15. Nothing needs to be merged....leave things the way they are. The riders are happy with their express bus routes. Learn to ride the routes b4 making fabrications. Next time you need to learn to read b/c I wasn't screaming @ you.....CAPS indicates screams and/or yelling. Yeah I thought so!

whatever I used BM5 at off peak so I know how deserted it may get. But I said as a last resort measure not a practical one. If BM5 can stay then let it stay if not look for ways to boost ridership by the way I actually read that idea of of a study made by DOT

I've ridden BMs 1-4, (I haven't checked out the BM5 yet though), and pretty much most of their buses are on time. I think I've met some of the most courteous bus operators out of that bus depot.

OIC but aren't most express buses except SI ones mostly on-time??? the only reason why spring creek is that way is cause their non-stop segments don't deal with as much traffic as the SI and queens and bronx rtes. The major deegan routes are for ppl with the patience of saints yes it's that bad but it isn't the depot's fault it's traffic that throws off the express buses.

OIC but aren't most express buses except SI ones mostly on-time??? the only reason why spring creek is that way is cause their non-stop segments don't deal with as much traffic as the SI and queens and bronx rtes. The major deegan routes are for ppl with the patience of saints yes it's that bad but it isn't the depot's fault it's traffic that throws off the express buses.

Excluding some Staten Island express bus routes, pretty much the frequency and traffic load for all buses are like that.

:tdown:

you do realize you sound like a JERK right now if you dissagree then dissagree but to make a comment this immature is sad grow up.

Not really, I'm just giving you a dose of reality. You try and convince them folk about the merger, I'd love to see what would happen.....

Not really, I'm just giving you a dose of reality. You try and convince them folk about the merger, I'd love to see what would happen.....

Then give me the dose of reality in a real mature manner. O and I wouldn't try and push that unless it was absolutely nessesary but now that merger isn't needed so much. I don't make many NYC ideas unless I am sure about em but I always make other options and senarios possible. Not that big of a deal.

Excluding some Staten Island express bus routes, pretty much the frequency and traffic load for all buses are like that.

true hence why NYC needs a different approach to improving transit. You can only do so much with reroutings. Cause eventually you will have to address the heavy traffic.

true hence why NYC needs a different approach to improving transit. You can only do so much with reroutings. Cause eventually you will have to address the heavy traffic.

They already do that with HOV Lanes in some major highways such as the Gowanus Expressway and Staten Island Expressway. But you are right, more can be addressed.

Then give me the dose of reality in a real mature manner. O and I wouldn't try and push that unless it was absolutely nessesary but now that merger isn't needed so much. I don't make many NYC ideas unless I am sure about em but I always make other options and senarios possible. Not that big of a deal.

Quoted and highlighted for emphasis....

They already do that with HOV Lanes in some major highways such as the Gowanus Expressway and Staten Island Expressway. But you are right, more can be addressed.

you are right I278 needs em badly and a busway is needed to get buses off of the FAIL that is the deegan!!!!! LIE needs to be bidirectional all day is it???

2) not... really....

the queens bus map is confusing in that area.... the QM10 & the QM12 do utilize the HHE service roads, but they're completely on the opposite sides of the LIE (of course you wouldn't know that by lookin at a bus map).... lemme explain:

- QM10 uses the HHE serv rd heading westbound (QM12 doesn't)...

(lookin at it another way, you can't xfer from the QM12 to the Q38 @ Otis/60th)

- QM12 Queens bound uses the HHE serv. rd eastbound

(QM10 doesn't touch that side of the serv. rd)...

Basically, the QM12 doesn't serve Lefrak city (whose southern border is HHE serv. rd westbound)....

if this helps any.....

map

(view in satellite view & zoom in where necessary for best results)[/i]

- QM10 line is in green, QM11 line is in yellow

- QM12 manhattan bound is in red, QM12 queens bound is in blue

Now that I look closely, I can make out the QM12's route in that area, but that map really helped me understand the routes in that area.

And you're right that the QM10 resembles a loop. I assume the drivers have to be really careful that their signs are set to the correct destination.

So then the QM11 only serves Forest Hills in the morning, right?

The BM5 takes a faster route than the BM2 and is much shorter and easier than running a BM2. Plus I'd rather see it merge with an QM rte than the BM2. The BM2 is basically a manhattan version of the B103!!!!! BM5 is in fact more compatible with QM15

Actually, that's not a bad idea (I'm assuming the number of riders in Lindenwood who would have to transfer to the Q11/21/41 would be small)

And you'd also rather be seeing people kick your ass for merging different exp bus routes in two different boroughs....

I don't see anything wrong with that, really. If QM15s have a couple of extra passengers from Starrett City, so be it.

How the hell can the BM5 be compatible with the QM15???? B/c they both run on Woodhaven Boulevard doesn't they can run, merge and/or be compatible. QM15 doesn't have a weekend run and you think making the BM5 run to Lindenwood will make it better. Hell no you'll have pissed off Spring Creek customers. I bet you never rode the BM5 nor the QM15 a day in you life. A QM route merging with the BM2...oh yeah that's really great NOT. You make no sense whatsoever!. Learn to ride routes b4 making fabrication plans!

The BM5 and QM15 both run on Saturdays, and considering the low ridership of the BM5, Starrett City riders shouldn't have a seperate bus off-peak.

You did mention the BM2 (see the bolded part from the post above)

By your logic, there shouldn't be any reductions at all because "riders are happy with their routes". The purpose would be to save money while minimizing the negative impact on riders.

The BM5 and QM15 both run on Saturdays, and considering the low ridership of the BM5, Starrett City riders shouldn't have a seperate bus off-peak.

I didn't see that part in the QM15 schedule I wanted to make sure that was right route that ran on Woodhaven Boulevard. And how is their ridership low?

You did mention the BM2 (see the bolded part from the post above)

By your logic, there shouldn't be any reductions at all because "riders are happy with their routes". The purpose would be to save money while minimizing the negative impact on riders.

Its not by my logic....if Starrett City riders isn't complaining then must be satisfied with their only route to Manhattan but again I haven't rode the BM5 since I lived in Brooklyn so I can't say how the ridership is over there!

I didn't see that part in the QM15 schedule I wanted to make sure that was right route that ran on Woodhaven Boulevard. And how is their ridership low?

Its not by my logic....if Starrett City riders isn't complaining then must be satisfied with their only route to Manhattan but again I haven't rode the BM5 since I lived in Brooklyn so I can't say how the ridership is over there!

I know they're not complaining, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be changed. I doubt any community (except a bunch of NIMBYs) would complain about extra service.

Archived