Express lines...

transit bx

QuaterPounder your merges and shaved detours and combos are getting me f n sick ....Can you please go help the needy or something GOSH ,I've never seen so many different route descriptions come from one person ,Your like KING G.O. for buses

Quarter Pounder ftw!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QuaterPounder your merges and shaved detours and combos are getting me f n sick ....Can you please go help the needy or something GOSH ,I've never seen so many different route descriptions come from one person ,Your like KING G.O. for buses

WTF MAN what are ya saying!!!!!!! G.O I simply take several buses from several regions hence why the many descriptions. I travel alot thats why I can describe the lines. By the way what are ya talking about with detours and combos I haven't made or suggested any!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what are ya talking about??

way too serious.

With the MTA "sharpening the axe", Why would drivers put their own asses on the line by not DOING their jobs ?? When is suggesting the contrary EVER a good idea......

ridership has f*** all to do with anything here.... Your focus is in the wrong place...

It has nothing to do with bus operators. It is the route and the policy the driver just does what is according to protocol

It has nothing to do with bus operators. It is the route and the policy the driver just does what is according to protocol

1) The driver doin what he/she does "according to protocol" was not your original argument.... don't even try it...

2) That's what transitbx, KR, 553, & ENY was tryna explain to your behind in the first damn place.....

3) b/o's goin off route for no other reason but to speed up riders' commutes, has nothin to do with b/o's ?

yeah, you're gone alright....

Are Bus Operators not drivers? Last I remember, they are the same thing! and what is this "policy" you are speaking of? You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, just stop, for your sake.....

I was expecting one of your other famous lines, but I guess this will do.

I agree with the QM10/12 combo. As for the QM11 in the eastbound direction it should serve Rego Park via the QM10 loop first and end at Ascan Avenue. Run the current route then Junction Bl, 62 Dr to QB

Thats what I felt the QM11 should've done in the first place instead of going all the way up just to come back down to 63rd Drive to follow the QM10 route, that made no sense, it should've been reversed.

Thats what I felt the QM11 should've done in the first place instead of going all the way up just to come back down to 63rd Drive to follow the QM10 route, that made no sense, it should've been reversed.

The best I can think of is that terminating the QM11 at Lefrak is a shorter deadhead back to College Point.

The last time I checked, bus operators=drivers

No we OPERATE the bus and driving it is 1 of the many skills we do.

Do we DRIVE the wheelchair lift??

Do we DRIVE the farebox operation

Do we DRIVE or do we Operate?

Just like an ENGINEER doesn't like to be called T/Op ,We don't like getting called Bus drivers ,For the simple reason of many Operations on and off the BUS ....i DO hope I made this clear.

You didnt get lazy....

you just dont know what the hell your talking about.

I knew I just didn't feel like using the same term. But I was referring to detour policy reform that could give the bus operator more freedom to use detours in order to keep travel time low while still addressing safety concerns.

Now do u get it

I knew I just didn't feel like using the same term. But I was referring to detour policy reform that could give the bus operator more freedom to use detours in order to keep travel time low while still addressing safety concerns.

Now do u get it

I get it Quarter Pounder but your not NYCDOB so stop trying to move yourself up

Now do u get it

Yeah I get it.....that you have absolutely no sense what so ever. Just give up for your own good.

No one ever did....only a bunch of gibberish!

here is english for ya. modification to detour policy for express lines where traffic will constantly be monitored should the highways used by the bus be clogged too much the bus driver is notified and given suggested rtes to take to speed up the trip the buses need GPS which some may have already then the bus driver will decide the best route to take based on previous training. GET IT NOW

:tup:

here is english for ya. modification to detour policy for express lines where traffic will constantly be monitored should the highways used by the bus be clogged too much the bus driver is notified and given suggested rtes to take to speed up the trip the buses need GPS which some may have already then the bus driver will decide the best route to take based on previous training. GET IT NOW

Did you not read and understand the previous post. Thats why we have command for and if you was a B/O or have any type of transit staff member you would know that buses cant just go down on any blocks, and also where their is traffic on the main road you better be ready for traffic on the sevics or side roads, because everyone is trying to go the same way. Your better off staying where you at unless command tells you to do so rather risking a accident. The more in and out you do the more risk of you getting into a stupid accident where now you have to explain how could i have avoided the accident in the first place. With the MTA weather your wrong or right in a accident, MTA will always try to find a way to say your in the wrong. Who ever is a B/O for MTA or even NJT or any type of transit agency know what im taking about.

You still don't understand and you do not know what the hell you are talking about. Just give up already.......is that enough English for you????

GPS is strictly a positioning system and for uses of traffic congestion, it isn't very good. It is much faster for drivers to suggest a route to Control and see if they approve it. There are a fair number of dispatchers who don't know every single inch of the city. The back and forth often takes too long. The MTA will do anything to reduce overtime and keeping buses out of traffic helps.

However, one of the things that the MTA should do in an epic crapstorm is combine buses stuck in traffic. I saw four X17Js on Wednesday fighting through traffic with two busloads of passengers between them. They should have put everyone onto two buses and held the other two buses as extras. The traffic probably led to blown off second runs and those spares could have been helpful.

It's not only express buses.

I have seen NYWY Shuttle Buses, city buses, and tour buses fighting against traffic.

Even sightseeing tour bus cannot avoid traffic because of Double-Decker bus. They have to stick to their routes.

For example, if sightseeing tour bus was trapped on Museum Mile and only way is transverse road were not block, sightseeing tour bus have to wait because they cannot used transverse rd.

On Day of Puerto Rican Day Parade 2010, Grayline tour bus missed turn at 86th St. Since B/O couldn't use 86th St Transverse Rd, police had to let B/O used 84th St.

Archived