rate of pay question

jayt123

I am currently employed as a coach cleaner for metro north, but I will be hitting my year soon and will be applying for other positions. My question is, when I move to another craft, do I go back to 70 percent pay ?

I am currently employed as a coach cleaner for metro north, but I will be hitting my year soon and will be applying for other positions. My question is, when I move to another craft, do I go back to 70 percent pay ?

In most cases, no. If you transfer to another craft you will stay @ the same rate. Example, if you transferred to a B&B job where the 100% rate is 29.?? you will be 75% of that rate.

The exception to the above is most ACRE crafts (conductor, engineer). In these cases, while you won't go back to 70% you may drop at a lower % than you currently are, but you will not lose pay. For example, if a 100% rate ticket seller ($28.45) transfers to engineer $38+, he will not go to 100%. He would likely go to 75% which is $28.50. If someone from crew dispatch transferred they would go a little higher. Their 100% is $31.89 they would drop to 85%, $32.23.

What ever you chose to do I will recommend one thing. If you are going to change crafts, do it sooner than later. This way you won't be giving up as much seniority. While you will always hold on to your time in the company to calculate vacation, personal time, etc. You will start at the bottom of the new craft roster for purposes of vacation picks and job bidding/bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
hey,

How is that coach cleaner Job?? i see that they have one position open now. What kind of experience did you put down???

The coach cleaner job entails exactly as described. I will say one thing, should you get hired for this position expect to work overnights. Most with low seniority are on overnights until they can build up enough time to get better hours.

As far as experience goes, by honest. They will check references.

Archived