The real best subway line

Tracknut

They gave the (N) a pretty bad rap. The (N) runs fine every single day. Once a week it's a little late. The only thing I agree with is how much they're worth (what we pay now). We all should still be paying $1.50 for the subway and bus period!

• 2 weeks later...

The (1) is probably the best since it runs on it's own tracks for the duration of its route. Less chances for delays on other lines to effect the (1) unless the 7th ave Exp is forced to run local. Same can be said for the (7). The least reliable is the (5).

• 2 weeks later...
They let you ride around, it's perfectly fine now, they clarified it a little while ago and thus you are allowed to stay on. You'll hear a few announcements that have been changed slightly to reflect this.

Cool, maybe tomorrow or Friday after work I'm going to ride thru it for the first time.

They let you ride around, it's perfectly fine now, they clarified it a little while ago and thus you are allowed to stay on. You'll hear a few announcements that have been changed slightly to reflect this.

Not many R142A sets have that new addition in the announcements.

The announcement would say upon arriving on the downtown side of teh station:

"This is a Pelham Bay Park bound (6) train, the next stop is Brooklyn Bridge uptown platform."

It goes something like that, I can't remember the whole thing.

Not many R142A sets have that new addition in the announcements.

The announcement would say upon arriving on the downtown side of teh station:

"This is a Pelham Bay Park bound (6) train, the next stop is Brooklyn Bridge uptown platform."

It goes something like that, I can't remember the whole thing.

Yes, but it doesn't say "this is the last stop on this train, get off," as well as reading a few articles about it. I stayed on and heard the stand-clear-of-the-closing-doors guy say something, but in my excitement to see City Hall, I don't remember it.

And when I reviewed my videos for that day, I was told by a TRAIN OPERATOR that I was allowed to as well. I also just noticed that in the train before me (I didn't know it was allowed before he told me) in a video there was a group of people.

I'm going to be taking the (2) from my home station in the Bronx (Simpson St.) to 14th St. tomorrow morning.

On my way back, I'm going to try that out!

It's a pretty neat 30 seconds or so, but well worth the look at the original beauty. I'd just love to actually set foot in the station, but that's something for later.

Yep, but good thing they changed that! Now anyone can get a look at the old station if they wanted to... as long as you don't ride between cars :rolleyes:. But I would like a redbird, or at least something I can see out the front window of when I go around... but oh well.

So, I did as planned.

Went from my home in the Bronx to an appointment I had on 18th Street, and then took the (L) over to Union Square/14th Street for a transfer onto the (6). Rode the (6) past Brooklyn Bridge, and of course, I was the only one left in the train car.

After we passed the Brooklyn Bridge station, the automated announcement said, "This is a Pelham Bay-bound (6) train; the next stop is Brooklyn Bridge". Passed through the old City Hall. It was worth doing it once, for the novelty of it, but I don't think I'll ever do it again.

Heading back home, I got off the (6) at Canal Street to transfer onto the (N), in the hope that I might catch one of the R160's. I waited for the third (N), and then just got on (it was an R68), and finally transferred onto the (2) at 42nd Street to come back home to the Bronx.

Well, it's not as exciting as I'd like it to be (TO keys open a door for me), but the fact of seeing City Hall in person is quite nice. It's hard to watch Transit Museum tour deadlines go by when I can't go :rolleyes:, so this is the best I can get for a while (until I hopefully become a TO).

Well, it's not as exciting as I'd like it to be (TO keys open a door for me), but the fact of seeing City Hall in person is quite nice. It's hard to watch Transit Museum tour deadlines go by when I can't go :rolleyes:, so this is the best I can get for a while (until I hopefully become a TO).

Good point.

Archived