Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
The Real

Daimler Orion 07.501 Hybrid Demo Spotted...

Just spotted on East Tremont Avenue with an MTA driver operating and officials on board. EPA 10 Hybrid Demo with Ontario plates, Demo #PT5...

Similar to this:

PT2.jpg

(Source of photo: CPTDB)

Just spotted on East Tremont Avenue with an MTA driver operating and officials on board. EPA 10 Hybrid Demo with Ontario plates, Demo #PT5...

Similar to this:

PT2.jpg

(Source of photo: CPTDB)

Oh sh*t!!! So that's what was parked outside my house yesterday morning

A friend of mine was comming to my house yesterday morning and it was parked outside my house

utf-8BOTQ2LmpwZw.jpg

It was on New Lots Av & Mother Gaston Blvd facing towards Brookdale Hospital

Oh sh*t!!! So that's what was parked outside my house yesterday morning

A friend of mine was comming to my house yesterday morning and it was parked outside my house

utf-8BOTQ2LmpwZw.jpg

It was on New Lots Av & Mother Gaston Blvd facing towards Brookdale Hospital

Lucky ! im gonna go look for it .

Well that's gonna be pretty interesting to see. I thought we were getting 3G Diesels, not Hybrids, but who knows? These must look identical to the NYU buses then.

We are stil getting Orion 3G diesels.

Lucky ! im gonna go look for it .

Anyone know what depot the route will run out of?

We are stil getting Orion 3G diesels.

Anyone know what depot the route will run out of?

if it were running out of a depot, it would have NYC plates and at least half of the MTA livery (either all white or all blue with some kind of MTA emblem on it), especially if the badges are riding around in it...

I thought the MTA was done with hybrids...apparently not :/

Remember this is Orion's demonstrator, not a demonstrator built to MTA specs. Here are the two pics I manage to get on its run today:

Demonstrator_Orion_PT5.jpg

Demonstrator_Orion_PT5b.jpg

Edited by SevenEleven

This is not a 3G is it? The rear vent is not like the ones on the 3G models I've seen.

It was originally a Next Generation that was re-worked into the EPA-10 specifications, not EVERYTHING got re-worked though (al la the rear).

You think there're decent odds that we see something similar to that rebuild for the 12-years on the OGs?

Na...

I thought the MTA was done with hybrids...apparently not :/

Definitely not. I don't know why that rumor keeps flying around. The diesels are only to meet current needs, and a few more orders for them will follow. After a while, MTA will order hybrids again.

This is not a 3G is it? The rear vent is not like the ones on the 3G models I've seen.

A few of the E10/3G's have the NG rear. There was a surplus of parts when the 3G's began production.

if it were running out of a depot, it would have NYC plates and at least half of the MTA livery (either all white or all blue with some kind of MTA emblem on it), especially if the badges are riding around in it...

While it might need NY plates there have been demos that operated and were not in MTA colors. Most recently the Xcelsior demo 0058.

While it might need NY plates there have been demos that operated and were not in MTA colors. Most recently the Xcelsior demo 0058.

Yeah, but I think he means they need to at least slap a (MTA) decal on the front there.