Apparently These things are coming your way

Jonesy

The problem is getting someone to drive them from Pittsburgh up to there...They popped up out of nowhere believe it or not at first I thought the Coach USA here was going to use them but they're actually in Delivery..they look somewhat used but they don't look half bad these are Suburbans too.

cusnabi.jpg

CUSA Never ordered 40ft NABIs. This is very strange. Anyone know wat the deal is?

Coach USA placed an order for about 4 or 6 units (someone correct me with the exact number if possible). They're 2009 NABI 40-LFWs. Operated by Coach USA/Keeshin Charter Service in the Chicago Metropolitan area for commuter service. It did downtown Chicago shuttle service for Northern Trust Bank and also shuttle service for Northwestern University Evanston.

(Photo by Trevor Logan in Northwestern University, same unit as the one pictured above).

Keeshin_NABI_40572.jpg

they did for Red and Tan but this is a new surprise to me to see theses on the One bus line from Cusa

*buzzer* No, the NABI's currently at Red & Tan were purchased by NJ Transit for the Hudson County contract lines and leased to Coach USA. These low floor NABIs were purchased directly by Coach USA.

Originally NJT had ordered 15 Metro 45C (Compobus) for the GO28 service. Perhaps they want to evaluate the 40LFW to see if the later deliveries could be switched to them, or hopefully the Metro 45C.

I don't think NJT is getting their hands on these particular units. I believe Coach USA is just moving them East to one of their operators.

Archived