Completely confused

rudidawg

Okay, so DH changed our flight and we are now flying into EWR rather than Islip. I've been sitting here for over an hour googling info on the best way to get from EWR to Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

Does NJT go directly from EWR to Penn Station in NYC, without having to change trains? I'm reading both online. Really don't want to change trains, if at all possible....

Thanks!

Jenny

Okay, so DH changed our flight and we are now flying into EWR rather than Islip. I've been sitting here for over an hour googling info on the best way to get from EWR to Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

Does NJT go directly from EWR to Penn Station in NYC, without having to change trains? I'm reading both online. Really don't want to change trains, if at all possible....

Thanks!

Jenny

Well you have to catch the AirTrain shuttle (6-10 minute ride) from your terminal at EWR to connect to the NJ Transit Train to Manhattan, Once on the NJT Transit train its a direct ride into New York Penn Station (About 20-25 minutes). From Penn Station you will more than likely have to catch a cab over to the cruise terminal as public transportation options from Penn Station to the Cruise Terminal is limited.

Thanks!

Jenny

don't even bother with cabs use M42 from port authority to pier 83 then use M50 to 50th street and west side why walk 2 blocks to ur destination. From 34th street walk to 10th ave and use M11 to 49th street and use M50 or walk to 12 ave and then head north to the cruise terminal

Thanks!

Jenny

They have a Newark Airport Express. It runs every 15 minutes for $15(That's what it says on the Bus)It will take you to the PABT.

NJT out of Newark Airport station does not run 24/7. If you are arriving between 2AM and 4AM (weekdays) or 2AM and 6AM (weekends), you'll need to take the 62 bus to Newark Penn Station and change for the PATH to 33rd St & 6 Av.

For service to Manhattan Cruise Terminal from Penn Station, you'll have to take the (C)(E) to 50 St and catch the M50.

NJT out of Newark Airport station does not run 24/7. If you are arriving between 2AM and 4AM (weekdays) or 2AM and 6AM (weekends), you'll need to take the 62 bus to Newark Penn Station and change for the PATH to 33rd St & 6 Av.

For service to Manhattan Cruise Terminal from Penn Station, you'll have to take the (C)(E) to 50 St and catch the M50.

nuff said

Thanks for the help! We are actually flying in on Friday night, then heading to the port sometime Saturday morning. Since we will be traveling 10 days, I expect us to have at least three rolling bags, plus a carry-on and laptop. Is there room to travel with this much luggage on Airtran/NJT to Penn Station, or would we be better off taking the $15 bus to Port Authority.

We will take a cab from either of those to the pier, and I'm also considering taking a cab from our hotel at Newark Airport to NJT instead of the courtesy shuttle back to the airport just to take Airtran.

I've decided to avoid Super Shuttle, and GoAirLink says we would have to have a private van for $175 one-way!

(Now, if someone could only tell me how to catch the Cash Cab...)

Thanks for the help! We are actually flying in on Friday night, then heading to the port sometime Saturday morning. Since we will be traveling 10 days, I expect us to have at least three rolling bags, plus a carry-on and laptop. Is there room to travel with this much luggage on Airtran/NJT to Penn Station, or would we be better off taking the $15 bus to Port Authority.

We will take a cab from either of those to the pier, and I'm also considering taking a cab from our hotel at Newark Airport to NJT instead of the courtesy shuttle back to the airport just to take Airtran.

I've decided to avoid Super Shuttle, and GoAirLink says we would have to have a private van for $175 one-way!

(Now, if someone could only tell me how to catch the Cash Cab...)

Yeah, you might be better off taking the courtesy shuttle from your hotel to one of the terminals for the Newark Airport Express (better off taking it from Terminal C) to the Port Authority Bus Terminal on 42nd Street if you have those several pieces of luggage. At least that way you have the bus operator to assist putting luggage in and out of the underbays of the bus. Then once in New York City, hail a cab to go to the cruise terminal.

BTW, a note if you decide to take the Newark Airport Express, definitely give yourself lots of time just in case the Lincoln Tunnel into NYC is backed up.

It's definitely much less of a hassle than dealing with the AirTrain and New Jersey Transit trains. Being in the travel business, I've dealt with clients in situations like these.

Thanks again, everyone. It looks like NJT & cab will work out the best for us. We might even be able to leave our bags at the USO at Port Authority for a little bit before heading to the terminal if we have time! :tup:

Archived