MTA makes underhanded cuts to Subway service

Within manhattan? huh.... since when....

Where are riders not using the 6 at ???

Within Manhattan the (6)s I've been on haven't been as crowded as they were in the past. The (4) and (5) trains seem to be more crowded. This is during the week around 12 or 13:00. It used to be a more even load in terms of crowded (4) and (5) trains and (6) trains around that time.

Of course you'd feel that way if you're a (6) commuter.... The 6 carries heavier than the 1 does....

Within manhattan? huh.... since when....

Where are riders not using the 6 at ???

Just one thing:

The reason why his username is Via Garibaldi is because Via means "Avenue" in Italian. So his username is like saying "Garibaldi Avenue", so he is correct when he leaves it as uppercase.

Within Manhattan the (6)s I've been on haven't been as crowded as they were in the past. The (4) and (5) trains seem to be more crowded. This is during the week around 12 or 13:00. It used to be a more even load in terms of crowded (4) and (5) trains and (6) trains around that time.

I haven't really noticed more crowding on the (6) when I use it during rush hour (then again, I use it south of Union Square, where most of the crowds are off by anyway)

Just one thing:

The reason why his username is Via Garibaldi is because Via means "Avenue" in Italian. So his username is like saying "Garibaldi Avenue", so he is correct when he leaves it as uppercase.

lol... Good catch :), but I have a small correction. In Italian we have "Via" for Street, not Avenue. "Viale" is for Avenue. The thing is that here in the states though, anything with "Street" like on 45th street, we say "sulla 45esima strada" or sometimes we'll just leave it in English.

I haven't really noticed more crowding on the (6) when I use it during rush hour (then again, I use it south of Union Square, where most of the crowds are off by anyway)

That's exactly why.

lol... Good catch :), but I have a small correction. In Italian we have "Via" for Street, not Avenue. "Viale" is for Avenue. The thing is that here in the states though, anything with "Street" like on 45th street, we say "sulla 45esima strada" or sometimes we'll just leave it in English.

That's exactly why.

Makes sense, since the actual street name isn't "Via Quarantacinque" (did I spell that right?)

So then, if I were in Italy, I would actually say "Via Quarantacinque", but I would say "strada" if I were referring to the physical street, correct?

Makes sense, since the actual street name isn't "Via Quarantacinque" (did I spell that right?)
Sì...

So then, if I were in Italy, I would actually say "Via Quarantacinque", but I would say "strada" if I were referring to the physical street, correct?

In Italy the streets are completely different and we don't have these sorts of things like East 45th street and such. The streets are named after different places and named after events and things like "Via Indipendenza" and you also have lots of streets named after cities like "Via Roma". "Via Garibaldi" you will find all over Italy because of Giuseppe Garibaldi (one of the unifiers of Italy). The reason I put 8 after the street name is because it happens to be one of favourite numbers, but in reality it could and is a street address in Italy. We put the street numbers after the name in Italy. For example, my university was at "Via Faenza, 43". My favourite street is "Via delle Belle Donne" which is in Florence. :cool: I thought I was seeing things when I saw the street sign, but it is indeed correct.

Just one thing:

?

Are you serious....

You are makin somethin out of absolutely nothin right now.... when I quote some snippet of his post, sometimes I capitalize the 'v', sometimes I don't..... I really don't have to type his name in there if I didn't want to....

Who implied the syntax of his handle wasn't "correct"...

Matter fact, What & Why are you even mentioning any of this to me for......

lol... Good catch , but I have a small correction. In Italian we have "Via" for Street, not Avenue. "Viale" is for Avenue. The thing is that here in the states though, anything with "Street" like on 45th street, we say "sulla 45esima strada" or sometimes we'll just leave it in English.

Do you really have a problem with someone referring to you as "via", as opposed to "Via" on these forums?

I sure hope not.

Are you serious....

You are makin somethin out of absolutely nothin in even mentioning that.... when I quote some snippet of his post, sometimes I capitalize the 'v', sometimes I don't..... I really don't have to type his name in there if I didn't want to....

lol... Good question. I thought someone else brought it up earlier on and I didn't feel like reading through posts for that, but in any event I think it's rather immaterial.

Good to know, I suppose....

But do you really have a problem with someone referring to you as "via", as opposed to "Via" on these forums?

I sure hope not.

Via... via.... Who really cares? LOL I think we all know who is being referred to and that's what is important. Hell even the Italians don't get it right in formal documents. ;)

?

Are you serious....

You are makin somethin out of absolutely nothin right now.... when I quote some snippet of his post, sometimes I capitalize the 'v', sometimes I don't..... I really don't have to type his name in there if I didn't want to....

Do you really have a problem with someone referring to you as "via", as opposed to "Via" on these forums?

I sure hope not.

I know, I'm just throwing that out there. "Via" in Italian is similar to "via" in English, so I thought that it was an accidental misspelling (it could be a bus going "via Garibaldi" or something like that).

You can spell his username however you want (changing it from a capital to a lowercase), but if it was a misspelling (or whatever the term is), I was just correcting it.

Let's just forget I mentioned it.

Archived