You Know You're Addicted To New Jersey Transit When........

....when you know what types of bus(es) run on which route

....when you're in awe over a different type of bus that shows up on a certain route

....when you inform other pax you can't pay cash @ PABT

....when you often compare it to the MTA & say it's better

....when you despise the :nec:

....when you know what "range" of bus route numbers, go where

....when you do your best to avoid the routes that serve union city, heading to/from NYC

....when you try to catch a certain bus every single day on a route that runs on very low headways....

{like the 6:20pm (NJT)126 out of PABT}

and of course:

....when you busfan their routes w/ any regularity....

You know I looked at the 126 schedule and a say to myself..."How many people travel in and out of the area? Seriously, buses in NJ must do some serious bunching on a route as frequent as the 126 is during rush hour.

Union City isn't bad when you have a B/O that's not afraid to push and shove. I don't mind it inbound to NYC at all because the bus usually make better time than staying on 495 even with the stops.

When I use to do the 319, I'd cut through Union City. Sitting on 495 is a pain in the ass. And if you get a scared B/O who doesn't know how to push and shove all I can say is: may god be with those passengers l0l.

when you go through the stages of getting over a death or the retirement of the Metro Ds. lol

when you foam like crazy when you see the ALP 45 in a warehouse lot while riding the 40

when you think Amtrak should honor NJT tix between Newark and NYP especially when they delay an NEC local by an hour to put 8 trains ahead of it

you fan the ACES every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

I'm guilty of the first three :P lol

You Know You're Addicted To New Jersey Transit When...

You collect bus schedules (Not anymore though).

When you know a quicker way to get somewhere than the NJ Transit site.

When you wait for an empty bus just to get a smooth ride.

When you draw bus and train stations plans.

When you watch nj transit on youtube.

when you go through the stages of getting over a death or the retirement of the Metro Ds. lol

when you foam like crazy when you see the ALP 45 in a warehouse lot while riding the 40

when you think Amtrak should honor NJT tix between Newark and NYP especially when they delay an NEC local by an hour to put 8 trains ahead of it

you fan the ACES every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

I'm guilty of the first three ;) lol

You do that l0l?

Archived