Bike parking

YankeesPwnMets

Is there any rule that says its illegal to chain your bike to a fixed object such as a pole? I want to go to J&R in a few days but I don't exactly want to walk the two miles from my home, so I thought biking would be a better option. The NYC DOT site says that there is a bike rack on 1 Centre Street, only a few blocks away, but I looked on Google maps and I can't find it anywhere. I just went by there today and I didn't see any rack there...

Is there any rule that says its illegal to chain your bike to a fixed object such as a pole? I want to go to J&R in a few days but I don't exactly want to walk the two miles from my home, so I thought biking would be a better option. The NYC DOT site says that there is a bike rack on 1 Centre Street, only a few blocks away, but I looked on Google maps and I can't find it anywhere. I just went by there today and I didn't see any rack there...

I don't know if there's necessarily a rule about it, but I do know they're tryna crack down in bicyclists chaining their bikes to no parking signs, & other poles.... that's why you're seeing these bike racks pop up in random places more than ever (especially in manhattan)....

As for that specific location, I have no idea if there was ever a bike rack there.....

To be real, (bike) messengers still chain their bikes to the poles anyway... lol... those messengers can go toe to toe w/ the best of em; they're just as no nonsense as those skateboard cats (I see you LRG !!).....

Archived