Trainz FAQ & Support

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. How do u download new Patches i need it Step By Step

2. If an item is Obsolete can it be downloaded

3. I just bought Trainz 2010 and things that i had in 2009 isnt showing up, I checked the Content Manager and it says that it is in the game, and i even tried re-Downloading it and that didnt work So can u help me plz.

4. If an Object is faulty can u still download it and make it work in the game.

1. How do u download new Patches i need it Step By Step

2. If an item is Obsolete can it be downloaded

3. I just bought Trainz 2010 and things that i had in 2009 isnt showing up, I checked the Content Manager and it says that it is in the game, and i even tried re-Downloading it and that didnt work So can u help me plz.

4. If an Object is faulty can u still download it and make it work in the game.

1. Go to the Auran forums, look under whatever version you have, and look for the most up to date patch. If you have never patched before, and your current version's patch is SP4, then you NEED to download all the patches before (and including) the current version, which in this case would be SP1-4. Once downloaded, simply install. It's relatively easy.

2. No, because it is no longer needed/used, hence the term "obsolete". Look for a newer version on the DLS.

3. A nuisance I've run into with new content is that sometimes the content filter in surveyor is set for "5-star" content, whatever the hell that means. Usually, if you go into the content filter in surveyor and clear the fields, everything should show up. Also, check the "open for edit" tab in Content Manager, if there's anything in there, it won't show up.

4. Yes, for most objects. Usually it's a config file typo/error, a texture being the wrong size, or something else that is making it faulty. 2010 is really strict on what it lets through, and previous versions were much more lenient. Right-click on the faulty object(s) and select "View Errors & Warnings". That should give you a list of things that are wrong with it, and need fixing. If you're unsure on how to fix a specific problem, then go to this thread: Listing of Errors and How to Fix Them. It covers almost everything--it is long--so PLEASE take the time to look through it carefully before posting on here that your problem isn't listed. 99.99% of the time it's there, but people like to skim and will obviously miss it.

You need to patch the hell up.Listen to me closely

http://download.ts2009.com/patch/42203_to_44088.exe <----Thats the patch download it

when its done CLOSE ALL PROGRAMS,DISABLE ANTI-VIRUS and INTERNET

RUN the patch and DO NOT OPEN ANY PROGRAMS or PRESS ANYTHING if u do the patch WILL be DISRUPTED and you will HAVE to REINSTALL Trainz ALL OVER AGAIN!

The patch will take at least 1 hr 30 minutes I patched straight from 42203 to 44088 and it took roughly almost exactly 2 hours.

All you are doing is downloading 1 patch.When its done MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS CLOSED besides the patch INTERNET OFF and ANTI-VIRUS DISABLED and let it do its job!

All you are doing is downloading 1 patch.When its done MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS CLOSED besides the patch INTERNET OFF and ANTI-VIRUS DISABLED and let it do its job!

Lol i did that but it was taking to long and i wanted to play Trainz so like the fool I am i disruped it and like u said I had to reinstall the whole thing. I was so mad lol.

Oh Ok well i figured that out after i went on Trainz to check it out , Magicland is a genius but his Cars are having error in Trainz. The trucks/wheels/bogeys for Magiclands cars aren't loading their legit like invisible except they have a shadow of what the Trucks would normally look like with the shoe and all that electrical type stuff

If you patch your Trainz 2010 to 44088 thr latest patch then you wouldn't be having these problems it eliminates Native/Compatibility mode which has Trainz run smoother.I'm just having problems with the R-62 other than that his trains are error free its just a shadow mesh but thats not an issue.

Ok So ive been fiddling around with Trainz and it came to me if Trainz 2009 got Passenger views like your can see from a passengers point of view? And if TS2009 does have Passenger views how can i see from those views?

Ok so I'm really taking my time on this station I'm making and I wanted to know how to make some good stairs like green eggs did but I'm having trouble with it so I was wondering if someone could help me with that like give me so measurements or like a diagram or good picture or something cuz Ive planned out my station and I kinda need this part or pice of info so ya I guess

If you patch your Trainz 2010 to 44088 thr latest patch then you wouldn't be having these problems it eliminates Native/Compatibility mode which has Trainz run smoother.I'm just having problems with the R-62 other than that his trains are error free its just a shadow mesh but thats not an issue.

Thats the same issue Im having with my Train see

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/trainzlover182011072600.jpg/

There's nothing wrong with his R-46.

1.It's not highlighted RED like the R-143 by Jaleel.When trains are highlighted RED it is missing possibly an attatchment or corona or something.

2.Turn up the train detail just go to options and increase the train detail and see what happens.It may be labled as polys.

1.It's not highlighted RED like the R-143 by Jaleel.When trains are highlighted RED it is missing possibly an attatchment or corona or something.

2.Turn up the train detail just go to options and increase the train detail and see what happens.It may be labled as polys.

So I should just turn up my Train Detail

When someone gives you instructions you should test them out instead of posting again, verifying the answer. Yes, in either Surveyor or Driver, go to the drop down menu on the upper left hand corner of the screen, click on "Performance Options". A box will appear with some notches. One is labeled "Poly Count". Turn that up to the max.

Or how can i get my stairs to look something like this

img_120841.jpg

With good developing skills. There's no other way I can answer that question.

My Train Detail is all the way up and I went in Main Menus I didn't see any Poly's Thingy, and @BStyles same for you I went in Main Menus Bar and I didnt see any Performance Options All I See is ......

:confused:

Ok GOOD then "train detail" and depending on your view the trucks may look different.

No because Even when my train detail is all the way up it doesn't matter cause the Bogeys don't show up I tried to get to the Options and check the Polys Count thingy and all I seen was this

TrainzLover18_20110728_0000.jpg?t=1311936199

and this ....... Normally My Train Detail would be up But its because I haven't Layed a Train out but

TrainzLover18_20110728_0001.jpg?t=1311936113

If this helps I will post the Warnings that came with the Train when I downloaded It

Warnings:

This Asset requires a Shadow Mesh,but the Mesh Table doesn't Contain one

The Thing Is I dont know where to get a shadow mesh??

Im So

:confused:

You know what I don't Understand why MagicLands Cars have sooooooo Many issues I mean I download one car I get like a Million Errors its quite annoying actually