Trainz FAQ & Support

To do this, you will need to place the spline manually. Instead of just adding the track, you have to insert a spline directly in the middle of the tunnel. You should see four separate splines now. Place the tracks to connect how you want them to be placed. I was working on a project that got deleted that required exactly what you needed. Here is a picture.

picture7tu.png

• 3 months later...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this topic is a bit old, but it is a Trainz FAQ topic right?

I usually just stick to openBVE, but I've been watching some Trainz videos and this simulator seems like something I would try. Since I'm a Trainz newbie, I have no clue which version to buy in order to play NYCTA content. Any help?

So what you're saying is that the routes itself work on Trainz 12, but the trains only work on '06 and '10?

The only trains that work in Trainz 12 are the Pre-GOH R46 and the Low-V Work Car. Auran has to update them all, but have only gotten to these two. The same goes for Trainz Mac.

All the routes work in Trainz 12, if there are any. It is really hard to find them. Try searching U, X, Y on the DLS. That is probably one of the best ones around.

• 3 months later...

The doors in the R46 keep chiming after you close them, I don't know why but they just do.

<kuid:457662:100068>

The R46 Overhaul is also faulty, don't know why, it says every asset is installed correctly.

<kuid:58843:326>

R62 is faulty as well.

<kuid:58843:321>

Edited by Brighton Express

The doors in the R46 keep chiming after you close them, I don't know why but they just do.

<kuid:457662:100068>

I think I found the problem to this one. It has to be in the config. Should I change something?

door_close {   trigger							 "close"   nostartdelay					    1   repeat-delay					    1,0   distance						    5100,0   sound   {  0								 "r46b_body/doorclose.wav"   } }}

The R46 Overhaul is also faulty, don't know why, it says every asset is installed correctly.

<kuid:58843:326>

R62 is faulty as well.

<kuid:58843:321>

These might be in the configs too. Can you help me out Green?

Open Content Manager, and select the faulty assets, right-click and select "view errors/warnings". Copy the message verbatim and post it in here so I can get a handle of what the problem is. If my spider-senses are correct, the cars are missing a passenger attachment point and the texture for the poles cannot be found. It's a common problem on Magicland's cars in versions newer than 2006, where CM is much more strict in what it accepts into the game. If that's the case, your solution is simple.

Download PEV's PM2IM, which can be found by typing PEV software into Google and going to his official site. Download it, open it up; in the options tab, select "Open IM Files". It'll stay checked so leave it there. Open the faulty assets for edit in explorer. Now, back in PM2IM, navigate to File>Open, and select the .im file for the car (the one with 'body.im' in its name). Once you do so, it'll strip the model of the textures and rearrange them correctly. Do this for all of the train cars that have this error. This'll solve the poles.texture problem.

For the attachment point, write down (or type) what the full name of the attachment is. Scroll down the config about 2/3 of the way down until you start seeing the listing of the attachment points--find the attachment point that matches the missing one and simply delete that line from the config file. Be careful when you do this as you only want to delete the line and not any other spaces or characters. If you highlight too much, you'll end up cutting off the end of the previous line which can cause a whole lot more problems. Do that for every kind of attachment point that shows up missing. Usually, the same attachment point is missing for all of the cars.

Once you have done these two things, right click each asset while still open for edit in CM and select "view errors/warnings". If you've done everything correctly, you'll get zeroes on both and you'll be good to go. Then all you do is re-commit the assets and you're done.

Let me know of any problems you've run into. I don't have an automatic solution to the chime issue. I'll think on it!

-A ;)

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Ok, I'm trying to set up a train, but it always ends up being in the wrong direction in game... how do I switch the cabs???

I registered thinking that there are so many routes out there, but there's nothing but trains....

Edited by Threxx

Yeah, NYCTA routes are scarce, which is why B and I are undertaking the project(s) we are. Right click your train and click "move to train" and then double click the cab at the other end of the train. Also, when editing your session, be sure to add the rule "Change Train Direction".

Also, some fixes for the stations released today:

Also, don't use the 6T side station--there's an error that I cannot fix with it (incorrect facing terminators/initiators) because I don't have those original meshes anymore. Check the bypass and "clearanc" textures within the config of the 6T Bypass station and delete the alpha lines to get those textures un-inivisible--be sure to do this for all three folders. And for the 2T island station no wall, change the line "asset-filename" with this: asset-filename "NYCTA 2T_Island_NW_Station". Those are fixes that I found after someone pointed them out to me. Thanks again!

Also, it seems the custom kit I released, didn't have roofs? Can someone verify/rebut this claim? I've looked at what I have and all the stations have roofs...

Yeah, they were resized. Your issue is that the first ones were object-spline and the ones that are being used now (before the new ones come out) are just straight bridge-track splines. PM me your AIM address and I'll send you a fix to your problem. Sorry it messed up your route like that!!

-A

• 3 weeks later...