Trainz FAQ & Support

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you ever had or have a problem with keeping yout tunnel,track,stations spline or kit aligned meaning straight I have pics to showoff thing that I would personally recommend to insure neatness and accuracte straight station alignment.First off I've been part of the community for maybe the past 4-6yrs first getting TC then TS10 then TS12.I made the NYCT-H line and someother things.Also this was just a tutorial not an actual route.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I use an object off the DLS called "guide" there are several versions such as 1T 3.5m and etc the objects insures us that we can infact lay a perfectly straight or near perfect straight section of track and once in place it can be removed from the route thats how I get neatly placed stations.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 2 Train Master

I've heard of these! Awesome for someone else to offer some good tips & tricks for route building. It's good to see the stations and tunnels being put to use! Thanks 2 Train! Also, could you mess around with the triggers and timer signals again? I'm done with the 5 (track wise), and am gonna start on the New Lots branch next. You know there are a ton of timers, especially downtown. Would love to nab that perfectly!

-A :ph34r:

I've heard of these! Awesome for someone else to offer some good tips & tricks for route building. It's good to see the stations and tunnels being put to use! Thanks 2 Train! Also, could you mess around with the triggers and timer signals again? I'm done with the 5 (track wise), and am gonna start on the New Lots branch next. You know there are a ton of timers, especially downtown. Would love to nab that perfectly!

Thanks I'm just waiting for the next {updated] release of signals with the repeaters.

To be honest, the signals are as best as they're going to be. It's just, I need to figure out what "trackside" measurement to use to align them with the new tunnels, and then give everyone instructions on how to fix it. However, you're right--the only signals that I have left are the repeaters. I'm still experimenting in Sketchup and 3DS Max with placement and attachment points to get the desired result. I have two contenders, and it's down to the wire to choose the best variant.

MINOR TEXTURE FIX FOR STATION 4A START/END PIECES

It has been brought to my attention by an Auran user of a transparent roof texture on the 4A end and start pieces. After some investigating, I've located the problem, and it's a quick fix.

Open for Edit in Explorer both "NYCTA Station 4A End" and "NYCTA Station 4A Start". Once the folders are open, look for the file "roof101-roof101.texture.txt", and open it up in one of the folders only. There should be a line that says "Alpha=roof101.bmp", which shouldn't be there. Delete that line and save the texture file. Simply copy and paste that texture file into the second folder, close explorer and commit the assets. Your roof for those end pieces should be good to go.

@ 2 Train: PM me and let me know what it is you need. The old stations are now obsolete, so those links will not be put back up, anything else I'll send again.

New Tunnel Piece:

Jeff Morris brought to my attention a lack of a no-clearance wall that can allow more than one track for the tunnels, so linked here is a .cdp file for the new piece, dubbed "Tunnel 1K". It has gap closers on each end; also included is a modified version of Tunnel 1E, the one-track no-clearance tunnel with gap closers added on each side, so you don't have to use H, I, or J to close the gap.

Enjoy!

New Tunnel Pieces

@Strain: I will investigate that right away.

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Im having a little lag problem and also i noticed theres a big gap between train and platform

Here is i used the Subway track B(at first i thought this track was just to big)

trainz2012-12-2818-32-44-74.jpg

and here i used the tunnel track B

trainz2012-12-2818-33-07-30.jpg

It's because you're using the R62 (A-Division) with B Division objects/tracks.

There is a platform gap of 0.20 meters from the subway car door to the platform proper that Strain kindly pointed out.

It has nothing to do with A/B Division differences as the stations are meant to be universal. I have to re-model all of the subway stations and re-release to fix this problem. I'll be working diligently over the weekend to correct this problem, and provide updated links.

Sorry for the inconvenience gents.

That's indicative of a hardware issue---most likely the graphics card you have cannot handle all of the polys at once so it decides what it can and cannot show. There's really no way to "fix" it except setting all of your sliders to the lowest settings (draw distance, train/spline detail, etc). Other than that, keep working on the route--the only other solution is to upgrade your graphics, which I know is hard since you're a yougin' ( :P) and it can be somewhat costly (not astronomical though).

Keep up work on the route--these things happen to the best of us, and it's better to just push through!

There lies your problem sir, actually a few.

1) Trainz is not recommended for laptops for a reason--one of them being the problem you're experiencing.

2) Graphics cards cannot be changed out on a laptop like with a desktop because they're soldered onto the motherboard. Even computer nerds agree that it's unwise to tinker with the motherboard of a laptop.

3) Getting a gaming laptop is not worth the price, IMO. Really good ones (Alienware, etc) go for around $1,300 and up.

4) It's easier and cheaper to buy a new desktop (around $500) and upgrade the graphics and RAM (about $250-300).

If you already have a desktop, I'd recommend using that for Trainz from now on, and look at your specs (or post them on Auran) and get some feedback on what's best to run. Check out the Hardware thread over there. The more you build on that route, the slower it's going to become since it's run on a laptop, and eventually you won't even be able to build anymore, let alone drive the route. Upgrading your PC shouldn't cost more than $300. Check out Newegg.com for items. I upgraded my RAM, power supply and graphics card for under $200. And since it's New Year's, you might run into some awesome deals!

Well I've been using Trainz with this laptop for about a year now and I haven't had any like "major problems" With running Trainz until now with all this subway stuff but I guess I'm ganna have to deal for now. Anyway thanks for the help ill do my best to keep on building.

As has been stated before, multi-track splines cannot be attached to other multi-track splines in Trainz. This is universal and not unique to the NYCTA tunnels. Use the 4T tunnel, then 1T pieces in the middle, then 2T pieces at the end to get the desired result. If you're talking about the three-in-one spline stations when talking about not being able to fuse together a station with a tunnel, then you might be having the same issue.

Multi track splines only connect to:

a) Other splines of the same value (a 4T to another 4T)

b) Single track splines.

And again folks, for future reference PLEASE post pictures when asking about issues like this. It saves a lot of headaches and allows me to reply faster and diagnose your issue a lot quicker.