Customer gets pwned at local Chase bank.

Acela Express

For 28-year-old Ikenna Njoku, what should have been the simple act of cashing a check turned into four days in jail and the loss of his car and job.

Source link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43673909/ns/business-local_business/

They don't mention to the media about some sort of settlement, but that he's happy (which I call bullsh*t on) with the resolution. Yeah, thanks for ruining the guy's life - no car, loss of job, and 4-day incarceration.

They clearly discriminated against the guy because he's a black African. It's funny how banks act too. You walk into a bank well dressed as I have and you don't look like this guy and they'll eat out of your hand. Complete profiling. This is esp. true at Chase if they think you have money. I went into a branch to speak w/a rep. that I had been dealing with about getting a mortgage and I had at least two or three Chase workers come over to me asking if I had been assisted while waiting for the guy who was dealing with another customer.

The dark skinned black guys must really have it rough.

This doesn't surprise me that Chase was the bank that F'ed up. I hate Chase, all they do is harass you. I made the mistake of taking out a student loan and now they live up my ass. This guy definitely didn't get shit from them. He should've sued their asses off to the point he won't have to look for work again.

Chase f*cking blows ass.

They are a bunch of lying scheister fraud artists who do it legally and will do anything to rope you into their pathetic pyramid scheme of lies and douchebag fees.

That's why I told the pompous suit prick to f*** off two years ago when he gave me some phony baloney, and i took the quite sizable sum of money i had sitting in an account there OUT...and never looked back on that shit-tastic bank ever again...and always tell friends who need to use an ATM for fee to use ANY other bank's but those ass holes'.

I hate Chase! I had an account with them up until I moved to NJ. When I came down here I opened an account with TD. So then I went back to Chase in the Bronx and took out all my money and they had the nerve to ask me what was I doing with the money. I told that little bitch "your asking me what im doing with MY MONEY? B***H its not your money" it took me 40mins and 4 people kept asking me why im taking out MY MONEY! One of those idiots said it makes them look bad, im like so, its my ******* money, I have the right to take my money.

ST Louis Car 09 if you know whats good for you walk away lol.

I don't bank with Chase, thank God for internet banking and ATM's because I start feeling sick when I have to go see a customer service rep at a bank about something, they are incompetent to say the least, guarantee you when you walk out of the bank you will be mumbling to yourself.

I once called over the phone to cancel my Capitol One credit card and the

rep over the phone starts pleading..."No, No, No...don't do that! "you have

a great payment record with us, if you cancel your card it will lower your

credit rating, we will increase your credit line!" blah,blah,blah, by this time

I had the phone 3 ft from my ear and I decided to write to them instead to

cancel the card.

I had Chase maybe for a few months because they acquired Washington Mutual as their company started to fold. Good thing I switched to MCU - a credit union, and never looked back.

Best move ever.

cancel the card.

Locomotion69 - it's about being assertive when you're calling a bank - or any company - to cancel or update a certain product you subscribe to. CSRs are instructed to deviate the custumer away from doing what the bank does not want you doing - closing your account; downgrading; pretty much anything that causes them to lose revenue.

I called Capital One a few weeks ago to cancel a service that they'd been charging to my statement since I've been with them (about 2 years now) - which I never signed up for (but it was probably me overseeing a term in contract perhaps). I spoke with the CSR a genuine customer, but then as they tried to upsell me with additional products and "reasons" not to cancel, I explained, aggresively, about cancelling my service, and I understand the advantages to staying with the service, but no longer need it.

Of course she went ahead and cancelled it right away. An average 10-12 mins call was brought down to 3 mins. Fu*k the bullshit when it comes to my financial grounds.

I don't bank with Chase, thank God for internet banking and ATM's because I start feeling sick when I have to go see a customer service rep at a bank about something, they are incompetent to say the least, guarantee you when you walk out of the bank you will be mumbling to yourself.

cancel the card.

Actually the customer rep. was correct. You should never close down credit cards unless you have to because it will lower your credit score because you'll have less credit available, which could affect you getting other loans, or force you to pay higher interest rates on other things that you apply for. If you really aren't wild about the card, use it sparingly (every 3 months or so) and pay it off in full, this way you still have the credit available and you won't pay any interest on it. This is coming from someone with a credit score in the 700s. :cool:

For all of the others complaining about Chase, what exactly is the problem? As for banking with them goes, I have a few accounts with them and they have been great to me over the years and are even offering me a great mortgage deal at a pretty good interest rate. Now, I will admit that their credit cards suck in that they charge high interest rates, hence why I've stuck with my Amex gold card. :cool:

Other than that I have no complaints about Chase. They have ATMs everywhere and customer service is usually pretty easy to reach. The real devils are Citibank, Bank of America & HSBC. I made a payment in the wrong amount by mistake for one my cards and Chase got my money back to me the next day.

Actually the customer rep. was correct. You should never close down credit cards unless you have to because it will lower your credit score because you'll have less credit available, which could affect you getting other loans, or force you to pay higher interest rates on other things that you apply for. If you really aren't wild about the card, use it sparingly (every 3 months or so) and pay it off in full, this way you still have the credit available and you won't pay any interest on it. This is coming from someone with a credit score in the 700s. :cool:

For all of the others complaining about Chase, what exactly is the problem? As for banking with them goes, I have a few accounts with them and they have been great to me over the years and are even offering me a great mortgage deal at a pretty good interest rate. Now, I will admit that their credit cards suck in that they charge high interest rates, hence why I've stuck with my Amex gold card. :cool:

Other than that I have no complaints about Chase. They have ATMs everywhere and customer service is usually pretty easy to reach. The real devils are Citibank, Bank of America & HSBC. I made a payment in the wrong amount by mistake for one my cards and Chase got my money back to me the next day.

Dont nobody got time to deal with the bullshyt. I wana walk into a damn bank w/o those brain dead tellers asking ridiculous questions about your money. I dont worry about ATMs. I keep enough money on me just in-case I lose my debit card or something and I have a Capital One credit card also. I been using TD bank ever since I moved from NY and they never once asked me a question, which is how I like it. I go in there with my withdraw slip or savings deposit slip, give me a paper with my balance and im outta there.

I do agree about the credit card issue. Never cancel them, i use mine every few months or so and I pay it in full. I mostly use it to buy things off of ebay.

The Chase a few blocks south of the PABT there is this one tall spanish bitch who doesn't know her ass from her behind. That ******* told me I need a Power of Attorney to make a change to my account. I brought my mom(Lawyer) there a few hours later and she threatened legal action and you don't need a Power of Attorney to make a simple change to your account. Now tell me if that's not a problem?

Chase has cut their rewards for good credit card consumers. Their bank accounts also pay sh*t interest and they waste a ton of money marketing things to you that you don't want.

Every month I have to shred these f*cking checks they send me with my name on them, that they want me to use to "pay off balances owed to other banks" so that they can charge me their usurious interest rates on that debt once they have bought it all up like a bookie.

Of course, them running a simple credit check on me, which is something they supposedly did when I registered my credit card with them, would tell them that I have no debts because I pay my bill every month and I make the jerk offs at that bank give me fiv...er, one percent (cheap f*cks) back on all purchases.

And yet they try and get me to sign up for "better rewards" by telling me to open a FEE BASED checking account...they're so nice they'll give me $150 to open it, as long as I keep it open for 12 months and pay a $15/month account service fee...hmm 12 x 15 = >150 so f*ck you chase.

Their customer service is generally incompetent but if you have a dispute with them and get nasty (but directly...not nasty just to be nasty...just "i know what i want and i am the customer so go do it, and do it fast, i don't have time to waste") they tend to bend over and give you what you want. I've fought them on numerous bullsh*t fees over the years and won every single time.

I got sick of dealing with them about bank accounts so I closed them all. The day I get a credit card fee, I'll end that too.

Chase has cut their rewards for good credit card consumers. Their bank accounts also pay sh*t interest and they waste a ton of money marketing things to you that you don't want.

Every month I have to shred these f*cking checks they send me with my name on them, that they want me to use to "pay off balances owed to other banks" so that they can charge me their usurious interest rates on that debt once they have bought it all up like a bookie.

Of course, them running a simple credit check on me, which is something they supposedly did when I registered my credit card with them, would tell them that I have no debts because I pay my bill every month and I make the jerk offs at that bank give me fiv...er, one percent (cheap f*cks) back on all purchases.

And yet they try and get me to sign up for "better rewards" by telling me to open a FEE BASED checking account...they're so nice they'll give me $150 to open it, as long as I keep it open for 12 months and pay a $15/month account service fee...hmm 12 x 15 = >150 so f*ck you chase.

Their customer service is generally incompetent but if you have a dispute with them and get nasty (but directly...not nasty just to be nasty...just "i know what i want and i am the customer so go do it, and do it fast, i don't have time to waste") they tend to bend over and give you what you want. I've fought them on numerous bullsh*t fees over the years and won every single time.

I got sick of dealing with them about bank accounts so I closed them all. The day I get a credit card fee, I'll end that too.

Exactly! Some people aint smart enough to figure that out. If someone can tell me if anything makes sense at Chase, I would love to hear it....because I had nothing but problems with them.

Dont nobody got time to deal with the bullshyt. I wana walk into a damn bank w/o those brain dead tellers asking ridiculous questions about your money. I dont worry about ATMs. I keep enough money on me just in-case I lose my debit card or something and I have a Capital One credit card also. I been using TD bank ever since I moved from NY and they never once asked me a question, which is how I like it. I go in there with my withdraw slip or savings deposit slip, give me a paper with my balance and im outta there.

I do agree about the credit card issue. Never cancel them, i use mine every few months or so and I pay it in full. I mostly use it to buy things off of ebay.

The Chase a few blocks south of the PABT there is this one tall spanish bitch who doesn't know her ass from her behind. That ******* told me I need a Power of Attorney to make a change to my account. I brought my mom(Lawyer) there a few hours later and she threatened legal action and you don't need a Power of Attorney to make a simple change to your account. Now tell me if that's not a problem?

Okay, so you two do have a few points. As far as the Rewards program goes, most banks are going to cut that if they haven't already due to the gov't putting laws in place to restrict banks from charging for certain things. Other banks that haven't did this yet will do so eventually believe me.

That wasn't a big deal for me because my Amex gold card gives me great rewards and I can basically charge my daily expenses on it as I please since there is no fixed limit on it. For big purchases I can confirm that they'll go through fine by getting a quick approval online. I prefer Amex because it gives me the most protection w/my purchases and anytime there is a problem customer service resolves it quickly. I have two Capital One cards that I put my student loan payments on just to keep them active and used, but those I carry little to no balances on them. Then I have other Amex cards as backups that are pre-paid cards that I can draw cash from or use for general purchases if I don't want folks having my Amex gold card.

I rarely have to deal with Chase customer service either because I make all deposits at the ATM machine and when I do have to deal with them I usually get my issue resolved quickly. The other day I had a dispute which was resolved in 10 minutes. Had to sign a paper and fax it back and the monies were returned to me immediately. While Chase isn't the best, they have their pluses if you know how to set your accounts up accordingly. They have tons of ATMs which makes them convenient. I have had HSBC and Citibank and also considered Bank of America. Bank of America is just ridiculous. Citibank does their best to try to rob you literally by charging you for duplicate transactions and then claiming that it is the merchant's fault or your fault, not to mention the countless commercials they run on identity theft B). and HSBC is just a bunch of idiots. Doesn't leave much left aside from Wells Fargo. I've had issues with TD Bank as well, so in sum it is the worser of the evils.

While I never had a issue with TD, we can go back and fourth allday and still have a plus about either one. But Chase is just a hassle, I mean stop tryna sell me BS; its a bank not a damn retail store.

I dont even want to get started with Bank of America. That needs a thread of its own! One of my friends was with them and they robbed her blind. And she swore up and down they was the greatest bank ever.

While I never had a issue with TD, we can go back and fourth allday and still have a plus about either one. But Chase is just a hassle, I mean stop tryna sell me BS; its a bank not a damn retail store.

I dont even want to get started with Bank of America. That needs a thread of its own! One of my friends was with them and they robbed her blind. And she swore up and down they was the greatest bank ever.

LOL... BOA... My friend had an incident w/them... We had finished watching a Mets' game and we went out bar hoping for drinks. We get to this one bar and he offers to pay for all of the drinks so I'm downing drinks like no tomorrow and then he pulls out his card to pay and it was declined. Apparently they became suspicious or something and put a block on his card so he had to use another card. B)

Never had a problem with BOA but I will say this.

Hit the minimum balance requirements and they'll leave you alone and make your life easy. Don't, and it's a living hell.

Chase and Sovereign are the worst I've ever had to deal with. I cursed out the bitch on the phone from Sovereign when I went to close an account I'd opened in RI at a NY branch, and she basically told me hop a train to Providence, RI and close it there. Bullsh*t. After NOT hopping a train and getting almost all my money back after a week of arguing (except 6 cents of interest) I decided to fight them about the six cents because it's MINE. After another week of haggling...they mailed me a check for 6 cents and closed the damn account.

Chase cuts benefits for good card members. Being a customer with good credit is like being the star quarterback on the football team at high school prom, and single. Everyone wants you. You have your pick. Why the hell would you take crappy rewards, or pay a fee, just to have a credit card that allows banks and credit card companies to make money off your responsibility? Cash back rewards is one of the rare instances of bad credit subsidizing good credit, and I'm damn well going to take advantage of every chance I get to reduce my cost of living. If credit cards choose to add fees or reduce benefits, I reserve the right to walk and find another one, just like the quarterback at prom reserves the right to dump the head cheerleader if she's got an STD and go f*ck the female lead in the play.

Never had a problem with BOA but I will say this.

Hit the minimum balance requirements and they'll leave you alone and make your life easy. Don't, and it's a living hell.

Chase and Sovereign are the worst I've ever had to deal with. I cursed out the bitch on the phone from Sovereign when I went to close an account I'd opened in RI at a NY branch, and she basically told me hop a train to Providence, RI and close it there. Bullsh*t. After NOT hopping a train and getting almost all my money back after a week of arguing (except 6 cents of interest) I decided to fight them about the six cents because it's MINE. After another week of haggling...they mailed me a check for 6 cents and closed the damn account.

Chase cuts benefits for good card members. Being a customer with good credit is like being the star quarterback on the football team at high school prom, and single. Everyone wants you. You have your pick. Why the hell would you take crappy rewards, or pay a fee, just to have a credit card that allows banks and credit card companies to make money off your responsibility? Cash back rewards is one of the rare instances of bad credit subsidizing good credit, and I'm damn well going to take advantage of every chance I get to reduce my cost of living. If credit cards choose to add fees or reduce benefits, I reserve the right to walk and find another one, just like the quarterback at prom reserves the right to dump the head cheerleader if she's got an STD and go f*ck the female lead in the play.

LMAO.... Typical... I had a similar situation with Citibank. I had opened my accounts over by the 64th & 3rd Ave. branch, but I didn't have to go to the original branch to close them. I went right in my neighbourhood and did so. Of course they had the sad faces and were like "Oh why are you closing your accounts?", but they didn't hassle me too long. The real kicker was that they mailed me a notice saying that I had additional funds in one of the accounts that had closed, but I had to go over to the 64th & 3rd branch to get it. The guy that opened for my accounts for me felt terrible because I had nothing but problems. The thing that pissed me was I had made a purchase at a botique for some Italian shirts and had went on several occasions to the store and one time I was charged twice (duplicate charge).

I called Citibank about it thinking it is pretty obvious that this it was a mistake and they basically told me to take it up with the merchant. After tons of back and forth they finally decided to give me back my money and actually f*cked up and gave me it to me twice, but you know I didn't say anything. I earned the additional money with all of the running around I had to do.

In sum Citibank treats its customers like criminals. I've see folks come into the 5th & 16th st branch who clearly have decent amounts of cash in the bank and they are treated like suspects. They harass folks if they don't have two forms of I.D. and really make banking with them annoying, not to mention that they have very few locations, most of which always seems to have bums around them. B) I dumped them with the quickness and didn't look back.

I have been w/Chase since about 2007 and overall they've been good to me. They had a free meeting about purchasing your first home and I signed up for it and now I have a contact there for mortgage questions/set ups who is very cool and we know each other on a first name basis. :cool:

But yeah, I agree... Having good credit can save you a sh*t load of money and I also agree that you should shop around to get the best deals. Amex is tough at first too, but once you have a good record with them they'll treat you good. They've been offering me a Platinum Card with no pre-set spending limit, but quite frankly I don't have a need for it, plus it's something like $450 a year to keep the card which I am not in mood for paying out. I can do other things with that money. With the Gold card I can basically use my points to pay off the $175.00 yearly fee, so it's like an interest free card that I get to use since I have to pay it off in full each month, not to mention the protection that the card gives when making purchases.

All I have to do is call up and say that I had a problem with X purchase and they don't hassle me about getting my money back, so long as I have the receipt.

wait a minute... so THIS is that story about chase bank that folks (on another site) were talkin about.... soon as I get enough time, time to start rippin on cats over there (generation-x.net)... now that I read the posts on here, and what they're arguing about over there, you'd have thought these were 2 separate incidents.... smh....

-----

I won't go into specifics regarding my banking, but I've never dealt w/ chase, so I can't sit up here & bash em.... but I do have a homegirl that has nothin but problems w/ them (quite honestly, I'm sick of hearing her complaints about chase, it's gotten so bad)... I tell her on many occasions to switch banks & be done with it.... She's like, am I gonna pay the fees for her to do so? Then I eventually say somethin like, stop b****ing to me about it then....

...and as far as needing a power of attorney make a change (w/e it might be) to a bank account, I've never heard of anything like that.... that sounds suspect in itself...

wait a minute... so THIS is that story about chase bank that folks (on another site) were talkin about.... soon as I get enough time, time to start rippin on cats over there (generation-x.net)... now that I read the posts on here, and what they're arguing about over there, you'd have thought these were 2 separate incidents.... smh....

-----

I won't go into specifics regarding my banking, but I've never dealt w/ chase, so I can't sit up here & bash em.... but I do have a homegirl that has nothin but problems w/ them (quite honestly, I'm sick of hearing her complaints about chase, it's gotten so bad)... I tell her on many occasions to switch banks & be done with it.... She's like, am I gonna pay the fees for her to do so? Then I eventually say somethin like, stop b****ing to me about it then....

...and as far as needing a power of attorney make a change (w/e it might be) to a bank account, I've never heard of anything like that.... that sounds suspect in itself...

Believe me you should have seen my face. I will never deal with Chase for as long as I live. And quite honestly I dont know how anyone can. That chick started printing out some paper I needed to fill out and have them fax it to the headquarters to approve me to make a CHANGE TO MY ACCOUNT!!!! I walked out of there drove over to LI got my mom and drove back to that exact location(could have went to anyone but I went back to that one for this exact reason) to make that chick look stupid.

Believe me you should have seen my face. I will never deal with Chase for as long as I live. And quite honestly I dont know how anyone can. That chick started printing out some paper I needed to fill out and have them fax it to the headquarters to approve me to make a CHANGE TO MY ACCOUNT!!!! I walked out of there drove over to LI got my mom and drove back to that exact location(could have went to anyone but I went back to that one for this exact reason) to make that chick look stupid.

I hear you, fam...

Stupid isht like that is why I can't knock anyone for not havin a bank account (I know a few acquaintances that say they don't).... It took me about a year or so after I first started working to eventually open one up...

The tellers look good as hell, but they're as dumb as bricks, a lot of em.... What's that one chick that got fired for lookin too sexy at the workplace, or somethin to that effect? I believe it was at a bank too....

Archived