Some astoria pics from today including an R160 W train!!!

trainfan22

What is an R160B doing on the (W)!!??? This is cool, but I want the R160B's on the (Q). Those are great shots, though, I should find this (W) train and check it out soon, myself.

Thanks!! The reason why the (W) is getting 160s is becuase the crews at astoria ditmas are to lazy to change the rollsigns on the R68s LOL...

Just kidding the real reason why the (W) is getting r160s is to make it easier to swap routes with the (N) line in case the road gets jacked...

What is an R160B doing on the (W)!!??? This is cool, but I want the R160B's on the (Q). Those are great shots, though, I should find this (W) train and check it out soon, myself.

After the (W)hisky, the (Q)uincy will get R160's next. So hang in there....

After the (W)hisky, the (Q)uincy will get R160's next. So hang in there....

I have read newspaper articles saying the (Q) was supposed to get the R160's first before the (W). I was hoping for that day, but the (W) riders are the lucky ones. I have seen an R160 test train on the (B) meaning the (B) might get the cars. Well... I'm going to wait and see if the (:( or (Q) can finally get their share of the R160 cars B)

I have read newspaper articles saying the (Q) was supposed to get the R160's first before the (W). I was hoping for that day, but the (W) riders are the lucky ones. I have seen an R160 test train on the (B) meaning the (B) might get the cars. Well... I'm going to wait and see if the (:( or (Q) can finally get their share of the R160 cars B)

Someone else explained above why the (W) is getting them first, with them wanting Ditmars to be an all R160 terminal. There have been and will continue to be a lot of "rumors" out there but until something actually gets done or if you hear from someone "in the know" i wouldn't trust papers and rumors, etc. Even the message baords (GASPSPSPSPS!!!) have their share of wrong information out there

Excellent photos, especially the (W) and (Q) ones.

1) Didn't the R62A used to be on the (6) line before they got the R142A?

2) Was the (W) train a test train or a train in service?

Yup R62A's were on the (6), I grew up with them and the redbirds on that line...

That (W) was in service.

That was just for burn testing on the Brighton.

To trainfan22, very nice catch with the R160 (W) train. Its about time someone got pics of it. You beat me to it, had no luck last week looking for it.

Excellent photos, especially the (W) and (Q) ones.

1) Didn't the R62A used to be on the (6) line before they got the R142A?

2) Was the (W) train a test train or a train in service?

Thanks!! to your first question yes. to your second question that train was in service,

Nice catch!

Thanks!!

That was just for burn testing on the Brighton.

To trainfan22, very nice catch with the R160 (W) train. Its about time someone got pics of it. You beat me to it, had no luck last week looking for it.

Thanks!!

This will make broadway line catches a bit more interesting......A possibility of a R160B Siemens (N) with an Alstom (W) and vice-versa leaving 14th or 34th street....
You can get those sounds now on the 4th Avenue with an R160A (M) train and an R160B Siemens (N) train. Encountered that about a week ago, and man, those sounds collaborating was sweet. Like a friend who was there said, "Its a symphony!"

You can get those sounds now on the 4th Avenue with an R160A (M) train and an R160B Siemens (N) train. Encountered that about a week ago, and man, those sounds collaborating was sweet. Like a friend who was there said, "Its a symphony!"

yeah, but those are hard to catch at most times ;_;

Archived