Interesting Express Bus Question

The I Man

Say you pick up an QM-5 express bus at 260 Street and Union Turnpike and ride it to 36 Street and 6 Ave. You walk over to Fifth Avenue and board and X-1 headed to Hylan Blvd in Staten Island and ride that to the last stop. The question is what is the cost of the ride $5.50 or $11.00. I know that transfers between express buses and local buses are free as well as between express buses and the subway. Are transfers between express buses free? If so you could do a lot of riding for a cheap fare.

:cool:

Yes, you get 2 transfers when you use your Metrocard on an express bus. The two will be good for 2 locals / subway rides or 1 continuing express bus ride. So the whole trip will be $5.50.

Really? I never knew that an express bus got 2 transfers.

That's happened to me, too.

When express buses were $5.00, when I transfer from BxM1 to BxM2 at Riverdale, I got free transfer.

Passengers transferring from $5.50 to Bee-Line BxM4C does not give free transfer.

I think transfering from $7.50 BxM4C to $5.50 express might be free transfer also.

When express buses were $5.00, when I transfer from BxM1 to BxM2 at Riverdale, I got free transfer.

Passengers transferring from $5.50 to Bee-Line BxM4C does not give free transfer.

I think transfering from $7.50 BxM4C to $5.50 express might be free transfer also.

At this point only idiots still use BxM4C with it's schedule geared towards commuters. Only dump ppl will take it thinking it's cheaper. For daily use the metro-north is cheaper and faster on a monthly basis not pay per ride basis. No one just uses the BXM4C just once

Some people prefer BxM4C better because not all stations are ADA Accessible and properly most riders don't want to hassle with crowded train.

When I want to Bee-Line public hearing on April 14th, 2010, most people and B/Os were against elimination of BxM4C.

IMG_3748.jpg

My friend who works for director of WCDOT told me that ridership decline by 9% since BxM4C increase in Sept.

I know that there is a free express-bus to express-bus transfer, even though I don't support it since it.

But can one really take a trip say BxM3 to M57 to M11 on one fare?

BxM4C does not accept any transfers. It issues the standard MetroCard transfer.

I know that there is a free express-bus to express-bus transfer, even though I don't support it since it.

But can one really take a trip say BxM3 to M57 to M11 on one fare?

BxM4C does not accept any transfers. It issues the standard MetroCard transfer.

Why don't you support the express bus->express bus transfers? I think they're a good idea, since in at least one direction, the passenger will be traveling reverse-peak. Also, people can switch buses to get on a faster bus (for example, Via Garibaldi mentioned that he sometimes transfers between the X14 and X2 to avoid all of the stops in Lower Manhattan, though he does have an Unlimited)

Some people prefer BxM4C better because not all stations are ADA Accessible and properly most riders don't want to hassle with crowded train.

When I want to Bee-Line public hearing on April 14th, 2010, most people and B/Os were against elimination of BxM4C.

IMG_3748.jpg

My friend who works for director of WCDOT told me that ridership decline by 9% since BxM4C increase in Sept.

I guess the idiots have money to BURN!!!!!!!!! Cause now the BXM4C costs $300 per month if used every weekday to and from manhattan. The metro-north is $178 and even with uniticket for beeline bus IT'S STILL LESS THAN 4C. Is that literally an elderly bus or something????

I guess the idiots have money to BURN!!!!!!!!! Cause now the BXM4C costs $300 per month if used every weekday to and from manhattan. The metro-north is $178 and even with uniticket for beeline bus IT'S STILL LESS THAN 4C. Is that literally an elderly bus or something????

Maybe cuz some people won't be physically able to make that transfer from Metro-North to the bus. Why give them a 2 part commute thwn the 49 was direct route up there?

Look at it from their point of view...

Learned something new.

Since when was this possible? Always or recent [about the 2 transfers].

Always since I've known about it. You also get the two transfers when you start your trip on a SI local and transfer to the SIR. You'll get the second when you swipe at one of the subway stations Downtown. In the other direction, its subway, SIR and then additional transfer on the S51, S53, S54, S56, S57, S59, S74, S76, S79, S81, S84, S86, S89 or S93 buses.

I don't know if there's any other situations that grant you 2 transfers.

Always since I've known about it. You also get the two transfers when you start your trip on a SI local and transfer to the SIR. You'll get the second when you swipe at one of the subway stations Downtown. In the other direction, its subway, SIR and then additional transfer on the S51, S53, S54, S56, S57, S59, S74, S76, S79, S81, S84, S86, S89 or S93 buses.

For the most part in S.I, you get two transfers. When I got on the QM7>Q17>Q44, I only got one.

I don't think many people use the express to express transfer all that often as you would need to plan out schedules fairly carefully. Then again, I have never seen actual numbers on this. I doubt there are too many people that depend on the transfer to get to work every day or anything.

The people who complain aren't necessarily the ones who use it. There are people who oppose any cut in general, even if it makes perfect sense.

Plus, on a pay-per-ride basis, the BxM4C is cheaper. I'm sure there are people who live and work in Westchester, but use the bus occasionally to get to NYC. In that case, there is no point in a monthly pass.

The S93 doesn't allow a second transfer, as it doesn't connect with the SIR.

The general rule with SI buses is that, if it meets the SIR at any point other than St. George or Tompkinsville, it will allow a second transfer (come to think about it, that might mean that the S74/S84 don't allow that second transfer, since they no longer connect with the SIR in the Tottenville area)

I don't think many people use the express to express transfer all that often as you would need to plan out schedules fairly carefully. Then again, I have never seen actual numbers on this. I doubt there are too many people that depend on the transfer to get to work every day or anything.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who transfer to the BxM18 from the other Bronx routes to get Downtown, but I don't think there are a whole lot of people who use that transfer to travel between 2 outer boroughs.

Generally, they don't... you're absolutely right.

I only commonly see express to express xfer's between folks comin from lower manhattan on the BxM18 (whose usage has actually increased from what I've been noticing as of late) disembarking around 25th/madison to xfer to any of the other Bronx expresses....

The people who complain aren't necessarily the ones who use it. There are people who oppose any cut in general, even if it makes perfect sense.

that's true.....

There are people who just wanna "get their voices out there"....

Is that literally an elderly bus or something????

it's becoming more like a snob bus....

OMG BxM4C bus is becoming full of elitists?!? We must axe it NOW.

is this supposed to be some kind of retort?

Say what's really on your mind, instead of the sarcastic BS....

Bee Line wants to wash its hands with that route.

"Providing service into NYC" isn't their top priority....

^^ some of you from RD might remember a character named "Dadbo46", who was some higher up w/i the company....

^^ some of you from RD might remember a character named "Dadbo46", who was some higher up w/i the company....

He got nothing to say, simple as that.

Maybe cuz some people won't be physically able to make that transfer from Metro-North to the bus. Why give them a 2 part commute thwn the 49 was direct route up there?

Look at it from their point of view...

cause the metro-north is FAST the 2 part commute is STILL FASTER THAN BXM4C!!!!! That argument again fails!!! The BXM4C is useless I used to use it. The bee-line is NOT MTA NYC isn't their service area let MTA have that rte then cut it back. I looked at it from their point of view there is NO REASON TO KEEP THE 4C OR BXMCRAP4

cause the metro-north is FAST the 2 part commute is STILL FASTER THAN BXM4C!!!!! That argument again fails!!! The BXM4C is useless I used to use it. The bee-line is NOT MTA NYC isn't their service area let MTA have that rte then cut it back. I looked at it from their point of view there is NO REASON TO KEEP THE 4C OR BXMCRAP4

BxM4C must go plain and simple. I don't know why anyone is riding it. Most MNR stations White Plains and south are accessible to persons in wheelchairs. So is GCT. So are all connecting bus routes.

For a White Plains-Union Square commuter:

MNR: $229

MetroCard: $104

Total: $333 month.

BxM4C: 22 work days/month = $330

MetroCard: $46.2 (22 one-direction rides from work to the bus)

Total: $376.2

BxM4C takes 1 hr 9 min to reach 5 Av/43 St. MNR takes 57 min by local; only 34 min by express!!!

Didn't Bee-Line say that raising the fare to $7.50 only guarantees the route's operation through the end of 2010 and that other options will be considered to make the route more cost-efficient in 2011?

Plus, on a pay-per-ride basis, the BxM4C is cheaper. I'm sure there are people who live and work in Westchester, but use the bus occasionally to get to NYC. In that case, there is no point in a monthly pass.

The S93 doesn't allow a second transfer, as it doesn't connect with the SIR.

The general rule with SI buses is that, if it meets the SIR at any point other than St. George or Tompkinsville, it will allow a second transfer (come to think about it, that might mean that the S74/S84 don't allow that second transfer, since they no longer connect with the SIR in the Tottenville area)

I'm sure there are a lot of people who transfer to the BxM18 from the other Bronx routes to get Downtown, but I don't think there are a whole lot of people who use that transfer to travel between 2 outer boroughs.

That again is a very weak defense for the 4C again with it's current schedule it's impossible to use it on a pay-per ride basis!!!!!!! cause there is no return at PM and stupid DH at AM and PM rush increasing it's costs further at rush hour. You can't use it for visiting again I will say this till I am out of breath DEATH TO THE BXM4C!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with bee-line on this one that rte needs to go bye bye!!!!! If I were bee-line that rte would have been gone in 2010 If I went to that meeting I could of killed their arguments easily there is no justification of that line. Bee-line is a feeder to metro-north if you want NYC that is why MTA exists with metro-north the 4c if those ppl are snobs I say kick em hard where it hurts. Stupid snobs metro-north runs for a reason!!!!!!:cool: I would let MTA have the 4C and merge it with the BXM4 while eliminating the grand concourse segment and rerouting it's nonstop segment weekend service axed but weekday service becomes full-time service beyond scarsdale axed. End the line at empire city at off-peak. or just eliminate all service beyond tuckahoe rd. Then ridership will be enough to keep it but it runs from yonkers depot. Bee-line simply doesn't belong in NYC period.

BxM4C must go plain and simple. I don't know why anyone is riding it. Most MNR stations White Plains and south are accessible to persons in wheelchairs. So is GCT. So are all connecting bus routes.

For a White Plains-Union Square commuter:

MNR: $229

MetroCard: $104

Total: $333 month.

BxM4C: 22 work days/month = $330

MetroCard: $46.2 (22 one-direction rides from work to the bus)

Total: $376.2

BxM4C takes 1 hr 9 min to reach 5 Av/43 St. MNR takes 57 min by local; only 34 min by express!!!

Didn't Bee-Line say that raising the fare to $7.50 only guarantees the route's operation through the end of 2010 and that other options will be considered to make the route more cost-efficient in 2011?

Those snobs obviously CAN'T COUNT AND FAILED MATH BADLY. You have to be retarted to use it those snobs are beyond DUMB!!!! YOU CAN'T COUNT!!!!!!! bee-line grow some BALLZ OBLITERATE THE 4C NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Archived