US Women in World Cup Final! Who is watching?

R68 Subway Car

First let me state that i hope the ladies in red, white and blue wins. With that said not into woman's soccer:tup:. Honestly been watching MLB and the British golf open.

The international field unlike their counterparts on the men's side is very weak so far. Granted it only been 12 years since the woman's world cup started. However international woman's soccer being controlled by America right now, is just like how USA men basketball dominated and won every 'gold medal' at the Olympics until 1972.

It would be nice to see deeper teams and it might be a decade or so before the gap closes in woman's soccer.

Personally the main sports i watch on the woman's side is 1)tennis 2)basketball. Again sorry it's 'sour grapes' (not meant to be)but being honest.

Im watching, and Im content with who wins (though I say Japan may need it more because of the tragedy earlier in the year).

Btw, USA just scored!

Hey Nova. If the US was not playing here just for a feel good story I would have rooted for Japan. And the hell they just went through in last few months.B)

Looks like it's 1999 all over. The US and Japan are tied 2-2 approaching end of overtime. And just like in '99, the US Woman will have chance to win it in penalty kicks(aka shootout).

Win or Lose Japan deserves props for playing this well when they were huge underdogs vs the Americans.

just started watching it....

*starts to think this game is fixed, regardless of who wins*

deciding a champion on penalty kicks.... smfh....

Japan has scored a huge upset winning the world cup.

I don't hate soccer as many americans does. However i always disliked how much a major world cup/international tournment (men or woman)is decided by a shootout/pk.

That be like the Super bowl after 4 overtimes by decided a Field Goal kicking contest. Or a WS game #7 after 12 innings decided by Home Run derby?

Japan has scored a huge upset winning the world cup.

I don't hate soccer as many americans does. However i always disliked how much a major world cup/international tournment (men or woman)is decided by a shootout/pk.

That be like the Super bowl after 4 overtimes by decided a Field Goal kicking contest. Or a WS game #7 after 12 innings decided by Home Run derby?

They

Simply put, I can't get into soccer.... Only reason I started watchin it b/c I turned it to ESPN to see the baseball scores & what not; tbh, I thought the game was long over, sometime early this morning or something......

the only "secondary" sport I'm into is Tennis...

I'll watch Golf just to mock/mimic the fans when they say "get in the hOle"....

Simply put, I can't get into soccer.... Only reason I started watchin it b/c I turned it to ESPN to see the baseball scores & what not; tbh, I thought the game was long over, sometime early this morning or something......

the only "secondary" sport I'm into is Tennis...

I'll watch Golf just to mock/mimic the fans when they say "get in the hOle"....

Bro. Today's US/Japan final from Germany was switched a few days ago to around a 2pm kickoff US East Coast time. Thus to get better more viewers in the US the hotbed of global woman's soccer.

Not to pick off topic and off topic. Time is changing. Neither this Woman WC title game or the British Open was on ABC. Both only on ESPN.

just started watching it....

*starts to think this game is fixed, regardless of who wins*

deciding a champion on penalty kicks.... smfh....

Yup, like with the Saints in the SB, that game was probably fixed so the news media could have a 'feel good' story for the city/country devestated by a natural event... never cared for soccer either.

Archived