Your own operations

Q101 E Midtown

If you had your own bus company...

-What would you name it?

-What current or defunct NJ route(including private carriers) would you operate?

-What changes, if any, would you make to those routes?

-Who from this or other transit forums would you want to help you (handles only)

-Would you contract your routes out to operate them jointly with someone else? If so, who?

-What fleet would you use?

• 1 month later...

What would you name it?

Kings & Queens Bus Lines of NJ

What current or defunct NJ route(including private carriers) would you operate?

NJT: 126(Willow/Clinton Branch), 22X, 181, 122, 123, 124/129, 125, 87, 80, 6, 981, 188, 81X, 120

Red & Tan/Trans-Hudson: 10, 4, 122/144, 16

Red & Tan/Rockland Coaches: 9/9A/9W, 11A/11C

Decamp: 32, 44, 99, West Caldwell-Wall Street Line

Lakeland: Howard Blvd/Rockaway Mall-Midtown/Downtown Express

Academy: Route 9-Wall Street, Shore Points, Parkway Express, Route 36, Route 35, Exit 8A/Line 300

IBOA: Broadway IBOA, Bergen Avenue, 440 Shopper

What changes, if any, would you make to those routes?

NJT 125: Combine with select 10 Jersey City-Bayonne Trips. The extended southbound trips will read 125 BAYONNE. In addition, weekend service will be increased on the 125

NJT 22X: Combine with select 181 trips

NJT 81X/120: Combine select trips. Signs will read 120 BAYONNE via EXCHANGE PL and 120 LOWER MANHATTAN via EXCHANGE PL

NJT 126 Clinton/Willlow: Renumber 46.

NJT 6L: Replace with Red & Tan 16

Red & Tan 16: Reroute to serve Liberty State Park HBLR and the Hudson County Plaza via Cornelison Avenue

Red & Tan 122: Cut back to New Dorp.

Red & Tan 122/144: Add a stop at Liberty State HBLR for connections to Journal Sq

440 Shopper: Northbound service rerouted to serve Hudson Mall via 440. 440 Shopper also will be rerouted to serve Westside Avenue between Communipaw Street and Sip Avenue.

Decamp West Caldwell-Wall Street Line: Add outbound trip.

Broadway IBOA: Extend one or two round trips to Journal Square

Who from this or other transit forums would you want to help you (handles only)

Pablo M 201, B35 via Church, 553 Bridgetown, SIRJokaPlaya

Would you contract your routes out to operate them jointly with someone else? If so, who?

No.

What fleet would you use?

MCI D4000/D4500(most leased from NJT)

Nova RTS (40ft and 25ft) leased from NJT

NABI 416 leased from NJT

Van Hool C3045 for charter service and commuter service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wow so many options, ill start with:

getting rid of Coach USA and takin over their routes:

*31 rename it back to the South Orange Ave IBOA

*24/44 back to the O.N.E. bus scheme

*Some the private routes in Jersey City (3/5, 4, 10, 16, among others) taken over and form one huge IBOA collective unit in that region

Any adjustment made on some routes:

*make the 43 a full time route more trips (10 trips between Newark-Exchange Place, BUT split and add trips Between Newark- Wal-Mart & Jersey City- Wal-Mart to serve both communities for shopping)

*Convert the 87 into a gobus route

*Get rid of the overcrowding of buses along West Side Ave

*Extend the 62 to serve Jersey Gardens on select trips

Equipment used

*Neoplans, refurbished Flxibles Metro-D, RTS, Orions

wow so many options, ill start with:

getting rid of Coach USA and takin over their routes:

*31 rename it back to the South Orange Ave IBOA

*24/44 back to the O.N.E. bus scheme

*Some the private routes in Jersey City (3/5, 4, 10, 16, among others) taken over and form one huge IBOA collective unit in that region

Any adjustment made on some routes:

*make the 43 a full time route more trips (10 trips between Newark-Exchange Place, BUT split and add trips Between Newark- Wal-Mart & Jersey City- Wal-Mart to serve both communities for shopping)

*Convert the 87 into a gobus route

*Get rid of the overcrowding of buses along West Side Ave

*Extend the 62 to serve Jersey Gardens on select trips

Equipment used

*Neoplans, refurbished Flxibles Metro-D, RTS, Orions

-What would you name it?

-What current or defunct NJ route(including private carriers) would you operate?

-Who from this or other transit forums would you want to help you (handles only)

-Would you contract your routes out to operate them jointly with someone else? If so, who?

If I was to have my own bus company, I don't know what to call it to be honest.

Current Routes:

NJT: All Routes in Greenville; Meadowlands; Fairview; Oradell's 166, 167, 177,

Market Street's 171, 703, 704, 712, 770; Wayne's 122, 151, 161, 190, 193; Howell's 139 Old Bridge P/R Express & 137 Toms River P/R Express, HBLR

R/T: 10 & 99S

Academy 2, 22, 23, 88

Adjustments:

123: All the trips go to Christ Hospital, but place on the schedule that if there are no passengers beyond Congress and Palisades or Congress and P.P. Road, Drivers are permitted to terminate there and deadhead to next location. MCI's on this line, and full service. 24/7 Route.

125: Two legs of the 125: The Regular 125 with trips continuing to Bayonne while some terminating at Journal Square and the 10/99S version: since the 10/99S is gonna go BYEBYE next month, have the 125 go exactly the same way, with the some trips ending in the Square and some terminating at Bayonne. This will be a 24/7 Route, and depending on the amount of people that boards the bus, either have the bus on a NABI Compubus or a Artic. Exact Fare.

166: T & X trips after 9pm Saturdays and Selective Trips All Day Sunday

177: I hate this number since routes 170 - 189 are all GWB Trips so change it back to the 167X. Read the ******* signs. Lazy people.

181: Selective Trips to Hoboken via:

Bus stop on 49th and Bergenline HBLR Station, and Proceed to Hoboken via the current route that the 89 goes to, giving passengers another option to get to Hoboken besides the 22, 22X, 85, and the 89 in Union City

HBLR: Make a new opening to enter the HBLR from Kennedy: If there is a parade and 49th is closed, ppl starting trips have to circle all the way to 32nd to turn around. HELL NO. Make a new opening from 49th. Maybe make a underground tunnel under the new building on 49th and Kennedy

704: More trips to Willowbrook at PM to help people at PCCC get home since the school closes at around 11. Last trip starts at 12:15 at Wendy's in Paterson, across the street of PCCC heading to Willowbrook. More trips at PM to help workers at Willowbrook get home, last trip at 1am.

712: More trips to and from Willowbrook, help workers, students at PCCC get home, last trips: 1am out of Hackensack, 2am out of Willowbrook

770: Normal Route, more trips on weekends.

84/84P: More Park Ave trips on Sundays, last trip 12:15 out of 91st, 1:15 out of the Square

86: Start selective trips at 91st, via Park Ave and via Bergenline, giving people more access to Exchange Place

HBLR: More police on the trains, turn-stalls with ticket readers and receipt readers to assure passengers are paying for the ride instead of getting on for free

85: Trips run every 30 minutes everyday until 8PM, including weekends except Holidays, until 10PM

82: More trips to ease over-crowding.

190: NY X Trips starting in Paterson, I would like to experiment on a 190 Super X: If there are enough passengers in Paterson that want to go to NY, I'd have the 190 start at Broadway, and get on Route 80 by Marshall Street, and get to PABT, but with a catch: People that need to get off in Secaucus, they can get off in Secaucus (Might help the UPS people in the early morning trips) from the regular stops, and Union City, but only upon request, bypassing Clifton, Passaic, & Rutherford.

88: Buses running every 15 minutes on 45' Compubuses everyday, 20 minutes on weekends, fareboxes, 24/7

22: Leave as normal

23: I'd have to look at it since there are times the bus is dead and the bus is busy.

2: Normal

83: More trips during the rush

89: Normal

121, 126, 127, 128, 129: Leave as normal

124: Bus on NABI with armed officer at all times. I'm tired of hearing about B/O's getting assaulted by those damn animals at UPS.

188: Normal

308, 319, 320, 329, 351, 353: Normal

All other Market Street lines: Normal

All other Greenville Lines: Normal

Wayne lines: Normal

People I'd asked to join me:

553, Pablo, B35, Q101

No contracts

Bus Fleet:

MCI D4500, D4000, NABI Compubuses, Millenium RTS Extreme (IF IT WORKS) in both Transit and Suburban Models, the new Prevost X3-45's that MTA has, and for articulated bus: I'd like to see some VanHools, the same ones that AC Transit has. NABI BRT 60's, AND the Nova Articulated.

-What would you name it?

If I was to have my own bus company, I don't know what to call it to be honest.

Current Routes:

NJT: All Routes in Greenville; Meadowlands; Fairview; Oradell's 166, 167, 177,

Market Street's 171, 703, 704, 712, 770; Wayne's 122, 151, 161, 190, 193; Howell's 139 Old Bridge P/R Express & 137 Toms River P/R Express, HBLR

R/T: 10 & 99S

Academy 2, 22, 23, 88

Adjustments:

123: All the trips go to Christ Hospital, but place on the schedule that if there are no passengers beyond Congress and Palisades or Congress and P.P. Road, Drivers are permitted to terminate there and deadhead to next location. MCI's on this line, and full service. 24/7 Route.

125: Two legs of the 125: The Regular 125 with trips continuing to Bayonne while some terminating at Journal Square and the 10/99S version: since the 10/99S is gonna go BYEBYE next month, have the 125 go exactly the same way, with the some trips ending in the Square and some terminating at Bayonne. This will be a 24/7 Route, and depending on the amount of people that boards the bus, either have the bus on a NABI Compubus or a Artic. Exact Fare.

166: T & X trips after 9pm Saturdays and Selective Trips All Day Sunday

177: I hate this number since routes 170 - 189 are all GWB Trips so change it back to the 167X. Read the ******* signs. Lazy people.

181: Selective Trips to Hoboken via:

Bus stop on 49th and Bergenline HBLR Station, and Proceed to Hoboken via the current route that the 89 goes to, giving passengers another option to get to Hoboken besides the 22, 22X, 85, and the 89 in Union City

HBLR: Make a new opening to enter the HBLR from Kennedy: If there is a parade and 49th is closed, ppl starting trips have to circle all the way to 32nd to turn around. HELL NO. Make a new opening from 49th. Maybe make a underground tunnel under the new building on 49th and Kennedy

704: More trips to Willowbrook at PM to help people at PCCC get home since the school closes at around 11. Last trip starts at 12:15 at Wendy's in Paterson, across the street of PCCC heading to Willowbrook. More trips at PM to help workers at Willowbrook get home, last trip at 1am.

712: More trips to and from Willowbrook, help workers, students at PCCC get home, last trips: 1am out of Hackensack, 2am out of Willowbrook

770: Normal Route, more trips on weekends.

84/84P: More Park Ave trips on Sundays, last trip 12:15 out of 91st, 1:15 out of the Square

86: Start selective trips at 91st, via Park Ave and via Bergenline, giving people more access to Exchange Place

HBLR: More police on the trains, turn-stalls with ticket readers and receipt readers to assure passengers are paying for the ride instead of getting on for free

85: Trips run every 30 minutes everyday until 8PM, including weekends except Holidays, until 10PM

82: More trips to ease over-crowding.

190: NY X Trips starting in Paterson, I would like to experiment on a 190 Super X: If there are enough passengers in Paterson that want to go to NY, I'd have the 190 start at Broadway, and get on Route 80 by Marshall Street, and get to PABT, but with a catch: People that need to get off in Secaucus, they can get off in Secaucus (Might help the UPS people in the early morning trips) from the regular stops, and Union City, but only upon request, bypassing Clifton, Passaic, & Rutherford.

88: Buses running every 15 minutes on 45' Compubuses everyday, 20 minutes on weekends, fareboxes, 24/7

22: Leave as normal

23: I'd have to look at it since there are times the bus is dead and the bus is busy.

2: Normal

83: More trips during the rush

89: Normal

121, 126, 127, 128, 129: Leave as normal

124: Bus on NABI with armed officer at all times. I'm tired of hearing about B/O's getting assaulted by those damn animals at UPS.

188: Normal

308, 319, 320, 329, 351, 353: Normal

All other Market Street lines: Normal

All other Greenville Lines: Normal

Wayne lines: Normal

People I'd asked to join me:

553, Pablo, B35, Q101

No contracts

Bus Fleet:

MCI D4500, D4000, NABI Compubuses, Millenium RTS Extreme (IF IT WORKS) in both Transit and Suburban Models, the new Prevost X3-45's that MTA has, and for articulated bus: I'd like to see some VanHools, the same ones that AC Transit has. NABI BRT 60's, AND the Nova Articulated.

Damn the 124 is like that! Maybe they are quiet because I take it during the daytime.

Damn the 124 is like that! Maybe they are quiet because I take it during the daytime.

3am trip........its bad. So bad that they change the bus from a MCI to a NABI on that trip because a B/O was targeted when a undercover NJT Police officer arrested two people for fare evasion. The ppl on the bus thought that the B/O snitched when the B/O didn't.

If I was running NJT this is what would go down.

Route Changes:

Take the 4/99S from Red and Tan and have (NJT) run them.

64: Weekdays & Saturday service

67: Have some Express trips servce the Cheesequake P/R

68: Run on Weekdays & Satudays

131: Have it run to Freehold while stopping in Sayreville. Have the 135 used for something else. Have it run both weekdays and weekends in both directions.

133: Weekday & Weekend Service.

135: Instead of Freehold-New York, Old Bridge-South Amboy-New York

138: Same as its cousin the 68.

139: Select trips from New York to Jackson during rush hour.

314: Heard this brilliant idea from 553 Bridgeton. This route goes from NY-Camden-Philadelphia. With Some trips ending in Newark.

319: Same as 67X.

Buses

MCI: Rehab the older D4000s and D4500s. I heard they were supposed to get Orange Lumator LEDs, but they never got em. MCI D4505's for the 319.

NovaBUS: Refurb the Nova Bs (1000-1200). Nova LFS'es for garages with a Shortage of Transit buses.

New Flyer: Get some Xcelsior artics for crowded routes down South. Maybe some 40ft Xcelsiors too.

Prevost: Okay this is something I (as probably many of you as well) would love to see. If (NJT) got some Prevosts like the ones (MTA) has, the glamour of them would probably be a ridership magnet.

=Q101 E Midtown;454473]If you had your own bus company...

-What would you name it?

South Jersey Transit --- Take over the Newton Ave, Wash. Twp and Egg Harbor Garages [since you guys up North don't give a rats ass about the riders in the south]

I would restore the 423 [Pennsville-Wilmington DE], restore the long-dead Frankford-Cherry Hill line, start new services serving RT. 73 and run a route to S. Philly [broad and Snyder] over the Walt Whitman Bridge.

Too numerous to mention, but I would completely change the route structure in Camden, Burlington, and Gloucester Counties with the emphasis on bus services to PATCO, RiverLINE, and ACRL stations.

probably 553 BRIDGETON

No contracting out. Build a small annex in Salem County for the 10 buses needed for that area.

Use New Flyer Xcelsiors [Replacing the Nova RTS] both 40 foot and 60 foot for the 400 route. If I couldn't keep the current NABI fleet, then I would go 100% low-floor New Flyer or NABi. Naturally use the MCI's for the long-distance routes [but not local service on Broadway Camden or Marlton Pike]

Finally, I would make an arrangement to have joint fares and/or reciprocal honoring of passes with SEPTA and DART. When SEPTA get their smart card up and running, I would adapt the SEPTA card [as DART will] to establish seamless travelling between the two [or three with DART] systems.

If I was running NJT this is what would go down.

Route Changes:

Take the 4/99S from Red and Tan and have (NJT) run them.

64: Weekdays & Saturday service

67: Have some Express trips servce the Cheesequake P/R

68: Run on Weekdays & Satudays

131: Have it run to Freehold while stopping in Sayreville. Have the 135 used for something else. Have it run both weekdays and weekends in both directions.

133: Weekday & Weekend Service.

135: Instead of Freehold-New York, Old Bridge-South Amboy-New York

138: Same as its cousin the 68.

139: Select trips from New York to Jackson during rush hour.

314: Heard this brilliant idea from 553 Bridgeton. This route goes from NY-Camden-Philadelphia. With Some trips ending in Newark.

319: Same as 67X.

Buses

MCI: Rehab the older D4000s and D4500s. I heard they were supposed to get Orange Lumator LEDs, but they never got em. MCI D4505's for the 319.

NovaBUS: Refurb the Nova Bs (1000-1200). Nova LFS'es for garages with a Shortage of Transit buses.

New Flyer: Get some Xcelsior artics for crowded routes down South. Maybe some 40ft Xcelsiors too.

Prevost: Okay this is something I (as probably many of you as well) would love to see. If (NJT) got some Prevosts like the ones (MTA) has, the glamour of them would probably be a ridership magnet.

I respect your choices but I'd AX the Nova's and the MCI's that we got and get all brand new ones. They're at least 11-15 years old. That's enough for me. NJT got the money, just dont wanna spend it cuz they want to pay their execs instead of getting TOP QUALITY MATERIALS for the drivers to use and the passengers to enjoy.

BTW - No more Golden Destination Signs. There are companies that are making multi-colored signs. I'd like to see that. Bring some LIFE back into NJT.

-What would you name it?

Monmouth-Middlesex Bus or MOM Bus

Well my intention is to operate a freelanced route from Matawan via South Amboy to Tottenville S.I. and also run a route that mirrors the Middlesex and Monmouth portions of the Route 135 bus which currently runs hourly.

Afforabilty. My aim, $7 ticket one way to S.I. from Matawan instead of $13.75 one way to NYP from Matawan.

Vintage Soul Pablo M umm NovaBus5000, Mark1447, and East NY

I think I do a partnership with NJT if willing.

CNG and Articulated Buses Only. Mainly aimming for New Flyer D60s, C40LFs and Orion V CNGs.

P.S. I'm dead serious about starting this company and I've been dying too. I just don't know who to show it too. The DOT doesn't have specific numbers for those types of things.

Archived