The M3 stop that vanished

Via Garibaldi 8

Speaking of that, I remember X25 (forgot which depot was it) before the service cut.

When I was waiting for X25 at Vesey St, after 9-11-01 change, X25 B/O pulled over on X90 bus stop by mistake.

As in result of his mistake and he has not driven X25 since 9-11 Attack, he gave me and one of passenger free fare to make up for his mistake.

Speaking of that, I remember X25 (forgot which depot was it) before the service cut.

When I was waiting for X25 at Vesey St, after 9-11-01 change, X25 B/O pulled over on X90 bus stop by mistake.

As in result of his mistake and he has not driven X25 since 9-11 Attack, he gave me and one of passenger free fare to make up for his mistake.

X25 was out of Ulmer Park.

err the LIB comment is valid I don't post much about specific rttes unless I know them completely

we don't believe you, you need more peoplllleeeeee.....

again WALK OR SUBWAY = DONE

Yeah, b/c there should be no type of surface transportation whatsoever within Manhattan....

This, comin from someone that couldn't recognize the Manhattan bridge if it smacked him in the face.....

Uh, yeah to me it is serious since I'm the one who uses the line, so no, I don't need to get over anything. If you don't know about them you should keep your mouth shut and stop talking about things that you have no clue about. That's like me talking about Long Island routes. I don't know much about them so I don't say much about them.

that "it's not that serious" BS is his defense whenever someone shuts him down & he has nothin else to counter with.....

Are you hard of reading or what??? The stop has been there for years!!! I am not asking for a new stop to be put there, but for it to be officially reinstated!! Some drivers stop there and some don't and that is the point. It is clearly the DOT's fault for removing the stop and forgetting to replace it. With that said, you can take your comments and you know what you can do with them because I personally don't care what you think about the situation. For someone who is always talking about "rts", you certainly don't know much about them.

It's not only that, although that is certainly one reason, not to mention all of the elderly folks that get on at that stop. The real issue here is it was an official stop there before and everyone knows it. People wait at the stop for the M3 and some B/O's stop there and some don't, so to get rid of any confusion, the stop needs to be re-instated. One way or another that stop is going to be re-instated and if the DOT doesn't address the issue, then I'll write to NY1 for you and you'll see how fast that stop will be re-instated.

Also, add Greg Mocker to list.

Elderly and disables can't walk.

Access-A-Ride paratransit does not accept MetroCard, so people who can't use subway or bus have to paid $2.25 fare.

Especially during wintery weather, or heavey rain, almost every bus is crowded.

Even on summer, Q72 starting to get more ridership with no seat.

Both MTA and Bee-Line buses are having ridership increase.

This evening, while I was wating for M2 LTD Uptown, I wanted to get BxM4C schedule, so I was at 26th St bus stop.

There were still few people boarded (about 10-15 people) at first stop.

Lots of people depends on local buses including Bee-Line buses.

Elderly and disables can't walk.

Access-A-Ride paratransit does not accept MetroCard, so people who can't use subway or bus have to paid $2.25 fare.

Especially during wintery weather, or heavey rain, almost every bus is crowded.

Even on summer, Q72 starting to get more ridership with no seat.

Both MTA and Bee-Line buses are having ridership increase.

This evening, while I was wating for M2 LTD Uptown, I wanted to get BxM4C schedule, so I was at 26th St bus stop.

There were still few people boarded (about 10-15 people) at first stop.

Lots of people depends on local buses including Bee-Line buses.

ok so let me say this then let service adjust to meet demand

• 5 weeks later...

I'm glad to report that after writing to the (MTA) about the missing M3 stop at Union Square East and East 15th st that today while waiting at the stop with my Whole Foods bag, I noticed that the M2 stop had a brand new M3 sign under it. I believe that the old M3 stop was previously where the M1 stop is at, but the stop is back finally! It's good to see that writing sometimes does work. That stop had been MIA for some months now.

I had received what I perceived to be nothing more than a canned response from my original request, but apparently the guy that replied to my request isn't full of BS afterall, so my apologies. :P

I was at Union Square on Wednesday, and saw that it's back, W00t!

Not to open up a can of worms here, but....

why is it that, at Limited stops for Manhattan's Limited buses, the (MTA) only has signs up for the Limited and not the local? Seeing as how this is Manhattan, you'd think the (MTA) would pull out all the stops (pun not intended), but I guess not. I know this is practically a non-concern compared to the bus sign situation for the ex-Private Bus Lines in Queens, but it makes me curious nonetheless.

why is it that, at Limited stops for Manhattan's Limited buses, the (MTA) only has signs up for the Limited and not the local? Seeing as how this is Manhattan, you'd think the (MTA) would pull out all the stops (pun not intended), but I guess not. I know this is practically a non-concern compared to the bus sign situation for the ex-Private Bus Lines in Queens, but it makes me curious nonetheless.

Ah, so it was just done recently then. I haven't gone down there all week. I usually venture down there to get lunch and such at Whole Foods and then get the M1, M2 or M3 back to the office, but this week I've been eating either at restaurants in the area (and spending a sh*t load to do so :P or getting lunch at places nearby and eating back at the office).

In any event, I think it's an issue of clutter. They do offer non-limited stop signs where the limited wouldn't normally stop at of course, but I think the idea is that the routes are known to be limited stop routes and basically make all stops when they are not running limited.

You will notice that stops that have a multitude of buses they will put things like EXPRESS SERVICE "Drop Off Only" and such. The DOT has a ton of signs to keep up with and the fewer that they need to replace then the better. More money saved in terms of labor and the cost to constantly replace the signs, not to mention less likelihood of them forgetting to replace signs like in this case. :mad: Now I dare an M3 to come flying by now that I wrote in for the stop to be re-installed... :mad:

I'll do like I did with the B/O before. He called himself being a wise @ss and flying by the stop. This was before the stop was officially re-instated, so I said oh yeah? I'll fix his @ss. I caught an M2 which eventually caught up to him and got on his bus over at Madison & 42nd. He could've shitted out a brick when he saw me. LOL I gave him a look like you f*cking prick and I know he got the message too. Words weren't needed because he knows that that was always a stop for years and was just being a wise @ss.

Because if the limited stops there, then it is assumed that the local stops there as well.

Archived