I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack

R68 Subway Car

Guilty of being white huh.... If it was the other way around they would love to jump on the hate crime bandwagon, thats the problem.. Its a hatecrime anyway so they should file it as one. He should also sue the MTA for lack of security, all these transit cops around to give people for tickets for fare evasion , putting your feet on the seats or even walking trough cars but when there is a real crime they are no where to be found..

Thats also what happens when you live outside of your element though. I knew this white girl who lived in the ghetto of bed stuy and I was like, why do you live here? is the cheap rent really worth it? I remember driving her home when she was totally drunk at like 1 am and these older black folks were making comments, look at this drunk cracka bitch, shes ripped, why dont they live in their neighborhood , why they gotta come live in ours?

And you know what, thats how the cookie crumbles, they were right to say that because people self segregate alot of the time because thats how they feel comfortable living with people they share alot incommon with. When you live somewhere where you stick out like a sore thumb you might as well have a target on your back.

I was visiting a friend in harlem last week, I remember when being white you would get robbed after walking 2 blocks from the train, if you didnt already get robbed on the train and now theres all these hipsters around... Some were gettin stared down and angry looks and shit mumbled to them but there was no violence.. Its not worth it in my opinion. I wouldnt be on the train to the bronx at that time of night thats for sure. I dated a girl in the BX by east tremont and I hated it cause there was always some clown whos gotta prove himself and if you kick his ass youre the bad guy, or they look at you like you are there buying drugs..

Yup, it's 'reverse racism'. Doesn't surprise me. What sickens me is that he makes his living from s--t like that.

Theres no such thing as reverse racism, unless you know any people who are nice to a racial groups they hate. And last time I checked, the NBP isn't handing out sugar cookies to white kids while calling them little blue eyed devils.

And no, I actually agree that these knuckleheads should be charged with a hate crime (just as I'd be charged with a hate crime for hitting someone and calling them a f*ggot), I just don't like the term "reverse racism"

Just as Johnny Cochran said in that episode of the Hugleys that no one on this board watches: "Just because hes white, don't make it right!"

Why haven't the cops considered this a hate crime? Isn't it obvious?? When someone goes out spitting racial and/or homophobic slurs, as well as assault and robbery it's a hate crime in my eyes.

Guilty of being white huh.... If it was the other way around they would love to jump on the hate crime bandwagon, thats the problem.. Its a hatecrime anyway so they should file it as one. He should also sue the MTA for lack of security, all these transit cops around to give people for tickets for fare evasion , putting your feet on the seats or even walking trough cars but when there is a real crime they are no where to be found..

Thats also what happens when you live outside of your element though. I knew this white girl who lived in the ghetto of bed stuy and I was like, why do you live here? is the cheap rent really worth it? I remember driving her home when she was totally drunk at like 1 am and these older black folks were making comments, look at this drunk cracka bitch, shes ripped, why dont they live in their neighborhood , why they gotta come live in ours?

And you know what, thats how the cookie crumbles, they were right to say that because people self segregate alot of the time because thats how they feel comfortable living with people they share alot incommon with. When you live somewhere where you stick out like a sore thumb you might as well have a target on your back.

I was visiting a friend in harlem last week, I remember when being white you would get robbed after walking 2 blocks from the train, if you didnt already get robbed on the train and now theres all these hipsters around... Some were gettin stared down and angry looks and shit mumbled to them but there was no violence.. Its not worth it in my opinion. I wouldnt be on the train to the bronx at that time of night thats for sure. I dated a girl in the BX by east tremont and I hated it cause there was always some clown whos gotta prove himself and if you kick his ass youre the bad guy, or they look at you like you are there buying drugs..

We all live together as one. Thank you.

Yup, it's 'reverse racism'. Doesn't surprise me. What sickens me is that he makes his living from s--t like that.

Yup, sure is and don't love how the cops are always so quick to not label it a hate crime?? If they don't think that blacks and other minorities aren't and can't be racist then they're clearly smoking something. Just because a group of people have been subjected to racism doesn't mean that they can't be. In fact it would be complete opposite because people do what they see, whether it is right or wrong and there are plenty of minorities out there trying to make sure that people "stay" in their place. It's the ugly truth that no one wants to hear. I guess the thinking is that blacks and other minorities can't be racist because the "white man" still controls everything, but that couldn't be any further from the truth.

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm apparently out of "thanks", but yeah, spot on post. :tup:

Why haven't the cops considered this a hate crime? Isn't it obvious?? When someone goes out spitting racial and/or homophobic slurs, as well as assault and robbery it's a hate crime in my eyes.

Because it's never a hate crime unless whites are doing it. B)

How is this not labeled a hate crime yet??

White man screams racial slurs, attacks, and robs a black man = Hate crime, robbery, attempted murder

Black man screams racial slurs, attacks, and robs a white man = robbery, assault

Someone please explain the logic to me.

How is this not labeled a hate crime yet??

White man screams racial slurs, attacks, and robs a black man = Hate crime, robbery, attempted murder

Black man screams racial slurs, attacks, and robs a white man = robbery, assault

Someone please explain the logic to me.

Here's the logic, people of color can not commit hate crimes against white people. They can against each other (look at what happened on SI last year) and any time a white person commits a crime against a person of color, it can be stretched into a hate crime.

just goes to show racism is still alive....

It kills me when you have folk out there that wanna make like racism (in any form) died off many moons ago....

It will be here until the end of time, its just not as bad as it was decades ago.

I remember a few months ago one of Washington Twps(551 @ ACBT) drivers was called a "white ****" because the black guy stated he's taking all the jobs from black people. It didn't make any sense and 3 or 4 black people joined and said why should he be driving a bus. Long story short those idiots were arrested for disorderly conduct

Of course he won't show up for that.... Only happens when it is the other way around.

That's actually not true. I'm not a fan of Sharpton AT ALL, but I have seen him advocate for Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians.

double standards are one of the biggest problems with modern day society

Nothing new at all!

Hmmm. I just read this story thoroughly from 2 different sources. Something doesn't seem right either. There were allegedly 4 black guys, yet one of the suspects isn't black at all. But he's dark complected, so I guess that means black for general purposes.

It just seems like the victim is leaving something out. No doubt the thugs involved should all be jailed..... But something just doesn't quite add up........

I just can't put my finger on it.

I knew there was more to the story than what was being told! It all started after the victim asked the suspects to "lower their voices."

On a (4) train in the Bronx just before 5am? And I've seen him before somewhere!

Anyone in their right mind isn't going to say shit to a group of "thugs" in the Bronx, on the (4) at 5am. That is just asking for a beat down! Black, white, Blue or whatever! At first I assumed he was randomly picked on.....

Now the truth comes out!

http://youtu.be/tFmiJalAXo8

I had a gut feeling that if I did a little investigating of my own, I would turn over some more info. that The Daily News ever so conveniently left out.

I have to agree w/ ol' dude in the headphones that said his piece.... You aren't gonna get away with basically tellin cats to shutup, esp. on a bus or subway train... the victim being white only added fuel to the fire (for those 4 perps).... IMHO, him possessing the goth' stuff didn't help either; there's a certain hatred that exists against goth's as well....

There's always 3 sides to every story.... I mean for someone to continue taunting someone else for 15 mins, somethin (else) had to be said or done on the victim's part; whether intentional or unintentional.....

This guy isn't innocent by any stretch (two wrongs never make a right), but I still believe this was a hate crime... The notion of *he kinda had it comin to him* doesn't erase that... When you have (at least) another passenger jumpin in to attack this man (which turned out to be the only person that got arrested).....

I knew there was more to the story than what was being told! It all started after the victim asked the suspects to "lower their voices."

On a (4) train in the Bronx just before 5am? And I've seen him before somewhere!

Anyone in their right mind isn't going to say shit to a group of "thugs" in the Bronx, on the (4) at 5am. That is just asking for a beat down! Black, white, Blue or whatever! At first I assumed he was randomly picked on.....

Now the truth comes out!

http://youtu.be/tFmiJalAXo8

I had a gut feeling that if I did a little investigating of my own, I would turn over some more info. that The Daily News ever so conveniently left out.

That still doesn't excuse it at all. Asking someone to lower their voices is no excuse for someone being pummeled. Very typical though to blame the victim. This is still a hate crime that the police won't classify as such. :P The fact of the matter is blacks see whites as "weak" and that's why they always resort to violence as a way to sort of "deal with the situation". Our society in general apparently views folks with lighter skin as being less violence prone as opposed to those with darker skin and there are plenty of examples to demonstrate this too.

That still doesn't excuse it at all. Asking someone to lower their voices is no excuse for someone being pummeled. Very typical though to blame the victim. This is still a hate crime that the police won't classify as such. :P The fact of the matter is blacks see whites as "weak" and that's why they always resort to violence as a way to sort of "deal with the situation". Our society in general apparently views folks with lighter skin as being less violence prone as opposed to those with darker skin and there are plenty of examples to demonstrate this too.

No body said it excuses anything at all, but it's quite obvious he was asking for it! That's just something you don't do no matter what race you are. Period. Point blank!

Archived