I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack

R68 Subway Car

No body said it excuses anything at all, but it's quite obvious he was asking for it! That's just something you don't do no matter what race you are. Period. Point blank!

Well I certainly have done it on the express bus and I dare someone to come at me. Perhaps he should use better judgment in terms of knowing when to do it, but it seems as if you're saying that the guys had a reason to beat him up by digging deep just to find out that he asked them to quiet down, which quite frankly is not a big deal.

You and I know how that goes down... Bunch of wannabe "tough guys" get on the local bus or the subway and they yell out like they're deaf or suffer from tourettes so the entire bus or subway has to hear their BS. It's ridiculous and completely unnecessary, but I would be smart enough not to go on to someone else's turf though, but I wouldn't tolerate it on my own turf. You would not catch me up in the South Bronx to begin on a subway. Period.

Well I certainly have done it on the express bus and I dare someone to come at me. Perhaps he should use better judgment in terms of knowing when to do it, but it seems as if you're saying that the guys had a reason to beat him up by digging deep just to find out that he asked them to quiet down, which quite frankly is not a big deal.

You and I know how that goes down... Bunch of wannabe "tough guys" get on the local bus or the subway and they yell out like they're deaf or suffer from tourettes so the entire bus or subway has to hear their BS. It's ridiculous and completely unnecessary, but I would be smart enough not to go on to someone else's turf though, but I wouldn't tolerate it on my own turf. You would not catch me up in the South Bronx to begin on a subway. Period.

So it's not a big deal now huh? I found the video because I knew there was more to the story. I'm no dummy at all, and I READ people as a hobby just for kicks!

True, but being loud and obnoxious is a part of everyday life in NYC. He was on a public subway, not a nice quiet (yest still public) express bus. He should have moved or just stfu!

I wouldn't ever do that. Been riding the subway all through NYC since I was 12. There are just some things you do and don't do.

You can look at someone and know what their reaction will be to something you say. I'm sorry, but he invited the attack!

I got my phone snatched one time, and guess what. I invited it! I was in the Village, 23 years old.... Brand new Nextel i870. I wanted to stunt and show off my new $500 dollar phone, and got exactly what I asked for!

When this guy asked them to "lower their voices," he knew EXACTLY what might happen next.

And I just love reading your posts! But don't get too complacent over there in comfy Staten Island. You can still get that ass whipped on your own turf!:P

So it's not a big deal now huh? I found the video because I knew there was more to the story. I'm no dummy at all, and I READ people as a hobby just for kicks!

True, but being loud and obnoxious is a part of everyday life in NYC. He was on a public subway, not a nice quiet (yest still public) express bus. He should have moved or just stfu!

I wouldn't ever do that. Been riding the subway all through NYC since I was 12. There are just some things you do and don't do.

You can look at someone and know what their reaction will be to something you say. I'm sorry, but he invited the attack!

I got my phone snatched one time, and guess what. I invited it! I was in the Village, 23 years old.... Brand new Nextel i880. I wanted to stunt and show off my new $500 dollar phone, and got exactly what I asked for!

When this guy asked them to "lower their voices," he knew EXACTLY what might happen next.

And I just love reading your posts! But don't get too complacent over there in comfy Staten Island. You can still get that ass whipped on your own turf!:P

Yes of course I could if I wasn't smart, but I'd rather be on my own turf than on someone else's. The point was more about being outnumbered more than anything. Being on your own turf you've got folks that can help you out should something jump off and you're outnumbered. Like my buddies back in Gerritsen Beach. Everybody knew each other so if something happened everybody from the neighbourhood would come out and stand together if some punks came around trying to start stuff in a group or whatever. Can't say the same if I was in the South Bronx. That's just commonsense.

Yes of course I could if I wasn't smart, but I'd rather be on my own turf than on someone else's. The point was more about being outnumbered more than anything. Being on your own turf you've got folks that can help you out should something jump off and you're outnumbered. Like my buddies back in Gerritsen Beach. Everybody knew each other so if something happened everybody from the neighbourhood would come out and stand together if some punks came around trying to start stuff in a group or whatever. Can't say the same if I was in the South Bronx. That's just commonsense.

Agreed! This guy lives in the Bronx everyday of his life, but he obviously didn't have enough commonsense to mind his own. I agree with MC CJ.

Then, the actual cause of the altercation was conveniently omitted. Almost makes ne wonder if he started it knowing full well what would ensue. He doesn't trike me as mentally challenged.......

But then again, he did ask a group of "thugs" to lower their voices......

Maybe he is mentally challenged then! I'm sure 99.5% of the people reading this would have never even put themselves in a situation like that.

Provoking a group of hood rat thugs is not smart. But it's legal protected behavior. We still have free SPEECH in this country.

It doesn't excuse what they did and they should be locked up for a while. America never had freedom of violence.

Besides I'm sure every one of you has been on a train and some ghetto trash comes in and starts making a lot of noise and I bet every one of you has wished someone would pull out a gun and just blow them away...at some point...but you didn't DO it...

Thoughts vs. speech vs. actions...important difference...

Oooh, the drama that could be avoided if people could simply learn to displace themselves from the issues. I know the general thinking behind not simply relocating oneself from one seat to another or even going into the next car. But seriously, why place yourself into trouble needlessly? I dunno.

I just come onto the train with the assumption someone is going to eventually come on the train and not give an ish about the people around them. It's honestly less hassle for me to get up and move than confront the trouble party up front. I just wanna get to my stop.

I don't think anyone on here is fool enough to say (and believe) that the victim is completely innocent......

Agreed! This guy lives in the Bronx everyday of his life, but he obviously didn't have enough commonsense to mind his own.

How about admittedly using a racial slur that would offend more than half the damn borough on a train whilst in that borough.... real brilliant on his part....

you saw what happened to TO when he spiked that football on that star at dallas' 50 yard line....

hell.... better yet, you don't use gasoline to try to douse a fire....

I got my phone snatched one time, and guess what. I invited it! I was in the Village, 23 years old.... Brand new Nextel i870. I wanted to stunt and show off my new $500 dollar phone, and got exactly what I asked for!

And you didn't chase them?

Now I may not be a runner but if someone took my phone, I'd be chasin' some people down :P

I don't think anyone on here is fool enough to say (and believe) that the victim is completely innocent......

How about admittedly using a racial slur that would offend more than half the damn borough on a train whilst in that borough.... real brilliant on his part....

you saw what happened to TO when he spiked that football on that star at dallas' 50 yard line....

hell.... better yet, you don't use gasoline to try to douse a fire....

Right! I decided to leave that tidbit out to focus on the core of the issue, but you are right! Forget the gas! He poured Kerosene on that ish.

And you didn't chase them?

Now I may not be a runner but if someone took my phone, I'd be chasin' some people down :P

I most certainly did, and I got my phone back! I was raised in Bed-Stuy and Detroit! Homie don't play that!

Wait, so now he supposedly used a racial slur?? The "details" just keep changing...

Oh yeah. And that's from the horse's mouth. Check out the interview/video I linked on the last page.

The details were not accurate from the beginning, and I noticed that by the second paragraph of the article. Then for NYPD to NOT classify it as a hate crime immediately sent up red flags for me.

Agreed! This guy lives in the Bronx everyday of his life, but he obviously didn't have enough commonsense to mind his own. I agree with MC CJ.

Then, the actual cause of the altercation was conveniently omitted. Almost makes ne wonder if he started it knowing full well what would ensue. He doesn't trike me as mentally challenged.......

But then again, he did ask a group of "thugs" to lower their voices......

Maybe he is mentally challenged then! I'm sure 99.5% of the people reading this would have never even put themselves in a situation like that.

He broke the golden rule in this region , never talk or confront strangers....

I knew there was more to the story than what was being told! It all started after the victim asked the suspects to "lower their voices."

On a (4) train in the Bronx just before 5am? And I've seen him before somewhere!

Anyone in their right mind isn't going to say shit to a group of "thugs" in the Bronx, on the (4) at 5am. That is just asking for a beat down! Black, white, Blue or whatever! At first I assumed he was randomly picked on.....

Now the truth comes out!

http://youtu.be/tFmiJalAXo8

I had a gut feeling that if I did a little investigating of my own, I would turn over some more info. that The Daily News ever so conveniently left out.

Ok, so it shows the guy wasn't all that innocent then.

I keep saying this people should just mind their own business and keep their mouths closed especially when it comes to thugs on the bus or train.
Agreed.

Provoking a group of hood rat thugs is not smart. But it's legal protected behavior. We still have free SPEECH in this country.

It doesn't excuse what they did and they should be locked up for a while. America never had freedom of violence.

Besides I'm sure every one of you has been on a train and some ghetto trash comes in and starts making a lot of noise and I bet every one of you has wished someone would pull out a gun and just blow them away...at some point...but you didn't DO it...

Thoughts vs. speech vs. actions...important difference...

Totally agreed.

Lol I read your post and I'm thinking 'he just let it up that?'

I mean it's the Village. I love the place to death but I was hearing they just had a bank robbery where an unarmed man walked into a bank and passed a note, and they gave him everything and he got in a cab and the cops never got him. Starting to think that's the Village way, you just have to ask nicely.

--

As for this thread, I've been keeping out of this because I'd rather not raise my blood pressure too much... This "South Bronx is too dangerous stuff" -- I gotta theory. Theory is that you can go anywhere in NYC, Upper East Side or Brownsville, and you can get your black, white, or pink butt whipped or not depending on whether or not you play your cards right. You mind your business in the South Bronx and don't wear any flash clothing, and you're alright. Same time you could be outside the x90 stop on York ave. (couldn't resist) and if you tell some random guy to "shush" at 5am, yeah, you're gonna leave on a rolling bed.

As for these posts, all imma say is that a lotta your true colors come out in these posts, fellas.

I guess you're referring to me w/the South Bronx comment... And all of this true colors... It's nothing but the truth coming out and nothing about true colors crappola. Can't remember if I'm mixing you up with another guy, but I thought you were part Italian or are you black? I'm just asking because if I recall correctly, you were the same guy that hated the fact that the bus 5th Avenue bus would empty out w/black folks once it got around 96th st or so, so talk about showing your true colors... :)

Besides I'm sure every one of you has been on a train and some ghetto trash comes in and starts making a lot of noise

Its not just the MTA where that happens. I was on the PATH and it was late at night, I wanted to get some sleep. But I couldnt cuz of the noisy PA5(not the propulsion, thats very quiet) I did the one thing you do to keep your ass from getting kicked. I said nothing to them.

thugs all get theirs someday.

part of growing up is knowing there's always someone bigger and tougher than you. and you can talk tough all you want but the day you run into that person bigger and tougher, you eat it. that's what a lot of those hood rat thugs do. it's like all-in in poker...works every time but once. but that once can end you whether it happens immediately or 10 years from now...doesn't matter what your winning streak is, just go undefeated.

growing up is realizing the pissing contests that start those "im tougher than you" brawls just isn't worth it...and 0-0 in those pissing contests is better than 100-1, because that one could be your life, your health, or movement in your limbs. not worth it.

Italian, black, whole lot of things but that's neither here nor there.

The full rainbow huh... B)

Way to twist an old comment. You had said how the M2 was more "civilized" below 86th street or so, and I said I found that pretty funny as that was the point when the bus went from black-to-white. So don't mince my words, and let's remember that's none too relevant.

If I recall that post you got pretty pissy and regretful about how more blacks needed to be on the bus below 86th st, to which I responded that your protests were preposterous, seeing that I see plenty of blacks and other minorities on those buses below 86th st. It was interesting how you didn't protest about so many blacks being on it at 125th st and above though... B)

Don't believe I said anything like that, and if you can prove me wrong then do so, but I'm afraid your account of my words is different than mine. Secondly, which M2 are you riding that has "plenty of minorities" below 86th street? It's not like I think the neighborhoods are bad but it's a pretty well known fact that Manhattan is anything but diverse.

Well let's see... I ride them practically every day. If not that then the M1 or M3. Yes, it is mainly white and sometimes the blacks are outnumbered, and sometimes believe it or not there are more blacks than whites, but even if it is a majority white, what is the problem with that? What I see when I get on at Union Square East and East 15th street are usually either elderly blacks or blacks that may work but usually aren't the suit and tie types; more like the types that are working low wage jobs and they clearly feel intimidated riding a bus that is mainly white. Even though I'm mixed, I don't think they see me as one of them, esp. since I look more hispanic. LOL Aside from that I dress well and am a working professional, so we don't quite play on the same ball field, so they do feel isolated I guess, but whose fault is that?

All this back and forth is funny to read, should have, shouldn't have, yes, no, MYOB, don't MYOB.

End result the caucasian got thumped, period. The four men didn't start with him, he started with them by telling them to "quiet down." You don't tell men, white, black or other in public places at 5 AM to "quiet down." It ain't school time!

Q:Why didn't he just move to another car?

A: Because he a bigger badass that can handle a few rowdies on the train. NOT!

:cool:Partying the night away in NYC $400.00

Going home after party on NYC subway: $2.25:confused:

Learning to STFU and MYOB on the subway: Priceless:cry:

For the emergency room bill and everything else there's Master card.B)

Archived