Since when did CTtransit get artics ?

So I was in Stamford (actually I went to Norwalk, but the train coming back home stalled at stamford on track #3 for a couple mins) this past weekend, and while looking outside, I see artic #1070 on the #41 route....

I like CtTransit's paint scheme anyway, so my opinion's gonna be a little biased here.... but the bus overall looked cool as hell... I'm not big on the names of types of buses, but it looked like the newer artics we (in NY) have on the M15 +SBS+ (the LF artics), except there was a bike rack on the front of the bus.....

So I was in Stamford (actually I went to Norwalk, but the train coming back home stalled at stamford on track #3 for a couple mins) this past weekend, and while looking outside, I see artic #1070 on the #41 route....

I like CtTransit's paint scheme anyway, so my opinion's gonna be a little biased here.... but the bus overall looked cool as hell... I'm not big on the names of types of buses, but it looked like the newer artics we (in NY) have on the M15 +SBS+ (the LF artics), except there was a bike rack on the front of the bus.....

You're right, they're LFSA's. They got them a couple of months ago.

where in CT warrants artics???? just asking

Currently on a few routes coming out of Stamford. 11/41 need them, as they connect major urban centers (Greenwich/Stamford/Norwalk) which means less turnover.

I used to work for CTtransit before i started with MTA for about 3 and a half years ago, we got those artics in jan. 2011. It did not go in to service around march thats because we needed to get trained on it. And yes its the same type that the BX12 and M15 use on SBS. Stamford was the first city to get them mainly for routes 11 port chester and 41 NORWALK. The 43 route was only being use only on weekends thats because they combine 43 and 41 together only on weekends. New Haven was the second city to get them around the same time frame we got them, hartford is the last city to get them which will be late this year.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24836

I was shocked that Stamford got them first as they usually get the short end of the stick equipment-wise. Hartford always gets new toys first but there was some questions if the artics would work on the lines they want to put them on. I was told there are gonna be some minor reroutes when the Nova's finally get to Hartford.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24836

I was shocked that Stamford got them first as they usually get the short end of the stick equipment-wise. Hartford always gets new toys first but there was some questions if the artics would work on the lines they want to put them on. I was told there are gonna be some minor reroutes when the Nova's finally get to Hartford.

So you know how stamford always gets the short end of buses lol. when we first got MCI for the express line to white plains, we got beat up old 95 MCI from Peter pan. But we did get the first batch of MCI D4500 before hartford did lol and also the ARTICS. I was jsut as shock as you and i was working there. i remember we had Hybid CNG, and the only person that was working there at the time quit. So hartford took the HYbid and gave us the 95 classics instend of new flyers SMFH. And the buses they gave us was beat the hell down. Stamford is still the step child when it comes to equipment and ECT.

So you know how stamford always gets the short end of buses lol. when we first got MCI for the express line to white plains, we got beat up old 95 MCI from Peter pan. But we did get the first batch of MCI D4500 before hartford did lol and also the ARTICS. I was jsut as shock as you and i was working there. i remember we had Hybid CNG, and the only person that was working there at the time quit. So hartford took the HYbid and gave us the 95 classics instend of new flyers SMFH. And the buses they gave us was beat the hell down. Stamford is still the step child when it comes to equipment and ECT.

My dad works in the Hartford division...so yeah I know how the Hartford guys are, lol!

Why they spent the money doing a half-assed refurb of those old ex-PP DL3s I don't know. But Hartford actually got D4500s before you guys...303-309 were piggybacked off NJTs order. Even the 100s....Hartford had them first. What they do to Stamford and to a lesser extent New Haven is a shame. That is why there will never be any unity between the garages.

My dad works in the Hartford division...so yeah I know how the Hartford guys are, lol!

Why they spent the money doing a half-assed refurb of those old ex-PP DL3s I don't know. But Hartford actually got D4500s before you guys...303-309 were piggybacked off NJTs order. Even the 100s....Hartford had them first. What they do to Stamford and to a lesser extent New Haven is a shame. That is why there will never be any unity between the garages.

Are there any pics of those buses?

I used to work for CTtransit before i started with MTA for about 3 and a half years ago, we got those artics in jan. 2011. It did not go in to service around march thats because we needed to get trained on it. And yes its the same type that the BX12 and M15 use on SBS. Stamford was the first city to get them mainly for routes 11 port chester and 41 NORWALK. The 43 route was only being use only on weekends thats because they combine 43 and 41 together only on weekends. New Haven was the second city to get them around the same time frame we got them, hartford is the last city to get them which will be late this year.
interesting so 11 ridership is HIGH???

But if stamford was the first to get the new artics and D4500s isn't that a sign of change???? If I misread then sorry but it sounds like it.

interesting so 11 ridership is HIGH???

But if stamford was the first to get the new artics and D4500s isn't that a sign of change???? If I misread then sorry but it sounds like it.

11 and 41 are interlined. It's easier just to run the artics on the 11 than split the routes.

Stamford depot will never have unity with the other depots, mainly Hartford SMH so your father should know how that go. I was glad when MTA finally called me lol, i ran for the ship. @ qj no that dont mean jack, the only reason why we got new equipment is because the 95 classic was suppose to retired long time ago and CTDOT had pay a surprize visit. I was LMAO when i seen that happen. And yes routes 41 and 11 is very high at times, the 11 is high b/c most of the ppl transfers from the Bee line in port chester (13,60, and 61). Now the 41 is high b/c of the shopping centers in norwalk plus the connection from ppl transfering from the Bigheport bus. Yes 11 and 41 is interline up untill around 8, after that both routes splits meaning 41 stays by itself vis versa for the 11. I had fun with CT transit is just that ATU 443 is weak they let hartford walk all over them, thats why we also getting treated like a red head step child. New haven also but not as bad as stamford. Anything else you want to know about CTTRANSIT filll free to ask.

Stamford depot will never have unity with the other depots, mainly Hartford SMH so your father should know how that go. I was glad when MTA finally called me lol, i ran for the ship. @ qj no that dont mean jack, the only reason why we got new equipment is because the 95 classic was suppose to retired long time ago and CTDOT had pay a surprize visit. I was LMAO when i seen that happen. And yes routes 41 and 11 is very high at times, the 11 is high b/c most of the ppl transfers from the Bee line in port chester (13,60, and 61). Now the 41 is high b/c of the shopping centers in norwalk plus the connection from ppl transfering from the Bigheport bus. Yes 11 and 41 is interline up untill around 8, after that both routes splits meaning 41 stays by itself vis versa for the 11. I had fun with CT transit is just that ATU 443 is weak they let hartford walk all over them, thats why we also getting treated like a red head step child. New haven also but not as bad as stamford. Anything else you want to know about CTTRANSIT filll free to ask.

ok does CTtransit treat the transit districts like step children too?? Like Windham transit district, NW transit district and 9 towns transit??

Archived