American to order the Airbus A320neo and more Boeing 737s

The Super 80s are great airplanes. A bit underpowered in hot weather and doing the weight and balance can be a PITA, but those things can take a beating. When I worked at USAir I always thought if they had upgraded them from -81 to -82/-83 specs we could have kept them longer.

Lol! Before I read the US Airways part, I was about to say what do you know about weight and balance?:P

But yes you are right! Man I tell you I was doing W&B on a DC-9 once and was ready to scream! Then I did one on a Cesna, and had that baby done in about 35 minutes!

Im just going to finish high school and then i'll apply! If i require further education, then i'll do it.

Well of course you have to be at least 18 to even enroll IIRC. You definitely have to be a high school graduate, and you have to be trained, then certified. It's not something you can just jump into. Technicians are the one who make the planes fly. If ANYTHING goes wrong, you will be the first person the FAA comes to see! In your case the EASA.

Lol! Before I read the US Airways part, I was about to say what do you know about weight and balance?:P

But yes you are right! Man I tell you I was doing W&B on a DC-9 once and was ready to scream! Then I did one on a Cesna, and had that baby done in about 35 minutes!

DC-9s and MD-80s were always a PITA to W&B. 737s were always good....but we always had to watch the tail numbers to grab the right W&B sheet, US had -200,300s and 400s but we also had an "LR" subfleet within the 300/400s fleet. The F-100 I hated with a passion....they mostly kept them away from BDL but we had one schedule period where we had a Saturday turn from CLT, you were guaranteed to take a delay or cancellation because they were electrical nightmares. And my 757.....you could load that sucker up right up to MTOW and she'd take off like she was empty. BDL periodically got the 767s....awesome,awesome airplane.

The Airbuses were nice, the 319 and 320 were great to work, did'nt like the 321. That plane had more ranges issues then anything else in the fleet and I didn't like driving the jetway up to the L2 door...way to close to the left engine for comfort. Never got to work the 330, but I heard that was another great plane.

Ah I miss it man....that's why I'm trying to work on my licenses and fly commercially. Driving buses is cool, but flying is where it's at!

Well of course you have to be at least 18 to even enroll IIRC. You definitely have to be a high school graduate, and you have to be trained, then certified. It's not something you can just jump into. Technicians are the one who make the planes fly. If ANYTHING goes wrong, you will be the first person the FAA comes to see! In your case the EASA.

I know. Im 15 now and here high school is three years long. If im lucky, i i'll start at the flight tech program at Bromma high school. Im in their reserves.:P

But hopefully they will have a spot left. If not, i can allways get that education after high school.

DC-9s and MD-80s were always a PITA to W&B. 737s were always good....but we always had to watch the tail numbers to grab the right W&B sheet, US had -200,300s and 400s but we also had an "LR" subfleet within the 300/400s fleet. The F-100 I hated with a passion....they mostly kept them away from BDL but we had one schedule period where we had a Saturday turn from CLT, you were guaranteed to take a delay or cancellation because they were electrical nightmares. And my 757.....you could load that sucker up right up to MTOW and she'd take off like she was empty. BDL periodically got the 767s....awesome,awesome airplane.

The Airbuses were nice, the 319 and 320 were great to work, did'nt like the 321. That plane had more ranges issues then anything else in the fleet and I didn't like driving the jetway up to the L2 door...way to close to the left engine for comfort. Never got to work the 330, but I heard that was another great plane.

Ah I miss it man....that's why I'm trying to work on my licenses and fly commercially. Driving buses is cool, but flying is where it's at!

Yeah the 57's and 67's are the best! I love the 767-400's. The 767-300's look damn good with winglets now too!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delta-Air-Lines/Boeing-767-332-ER/1935653/L/&sid=d3a46662f995ad10d8643c654dd0c9ee

I want my own MRO facility for 737's, 777's and 787's one day. The demand is going to be through the roof!

As far as flying, I wanted to fly commercial when I was younger, then I decided I only wanted my private rating. I'm going to get a personal plane one day. I want a Cirrus SR22T. And when I retire, I want a 787!

Yeah the 57's and 67's are the best! I love the 767-400's. The 767-300's look damn good with winglets now too!

We only had 767-200ERs but only loaded with enough fuel to get to Philly, those this gave the 75s a run for their money on rocket takeoffs!

I want my own MRO facility for 737's, 777's and 787's one day. The demand is going to be through the roof!

MRO is where the money is at these days. Good A&Ps can get a job anywhere in the world. For me flying them is where I want to me. Part of me wishes I had went though the Mesa Pilot Program when I got accepted and another part of me is glad I didn't.....I might be furloughed right now. My plan is to finish my private rating on my own and go to an accelerated program like ATP for the rest.

Now about these A320s....I'm interested to see how they are gonna paint them. IIRC, there is no bare metal, so I'm hoping they go with that silver mica paint like Northwest had.

Now about these A320s....I'm interested to see how they are gonna paint them. IIRC, there is no bare metal, so I'm hoping they go with that silver mica paint like Northwest had.

Fu fu fu... I've been waiting for someone to mention that.

Now, then, is a golden opportunity for AA to update their livery.

The real question is, should they?

Fu fu fu... I've been waiting for someone to mention that.

Now, then, is a golden opportunity for AA to update their livery.

The real question is, should they?

I think they should leave it as is. However if they do change it I hope they stay away from that trashy euro-white that everybody is doing.

Its about time American upgrades its fleet. The shyt I saw sitting @ LAX/Heathrow/PHL/LGA/JFK I wouldnt dare step foot on them.

And I cant believe those MDs(don't know if there MD80s are 88s or whatever they are lol) are still in service. I remember watching Air Emergency on NatGeo and the hydraulic arm in the tail snapped in flight and the plane lost all flight controls and crashed killing everyone.

I think they should leave it as is. However if they do change it I hope they stay away from that trashy euro-white that everybody is doing.

I think that they should update it, but maybe not change the colours or the concept of it. But i too think they should stay away from the eurowhite. There's already enough plain paintschemes.

Archived