Bus shortage affecting service!

East New York

I know this may sound REALLY crazy but... Can anyone say put the museum fleet back in service??? They the ran the fishbowls and other museum buses on the M34 and M42 last year. So why not send them off to the bronx or SI?

Same goes for 236, 1201 and the PBL buses in the museum.

Really crazy is an understatement, the shortage isn't that bad. if one of those museum buses rolled up on the Bx10 in the middle of July I would be pissed. SI will be fine they are gettin 400 O7's according to a post of transitstuff. the BX will just continue to run crap for the next 5-10 years.

Really crazy is an understatement, the shortage isn't that bad. if one of those museum buses rolled up on the Bx10 in the middle of July I would be pissed. SI will be fine they are gettin 400 O7's according to a post of transitstuff. the BX will just continue to run crap for the next 5-10 years.

I don't think any bus operators in the affected areas would agree with you on the this one. They may be getting 400's and Orion VI's, but they don't have them right now.

Most of the buses sitting in Eastchester Depot are in good ass condition and (MTA) say they have shortages....something is wrong with that company. They should be no excuse for bus shortages. They have crappy buses running around the damn City....the nerve of them

I mostly agree with you. I don't know why 206 is parked there, it's a bus in Average Gun Hill depot condition, sucks that they just leave it there even though it runs like any other 100 series would. Many buses can easily be brought back into service there, or easily get fixed up to in service standards (which aren't too high).

I know this may sound REALLY crazy but... Can anyone say put the museum fleet back in service??? They the ran the fishbowls and other museum buses on the M34 and M42 last year. So why not send them off to the bronx or SI?

Same goes for 236, 1201 and the PBL buses in the museum.

They need to be watch very closely. Notice how they didn't go out that much of the day when they ran in December. Like someone said, the shortage isn't that bad. Just bring back Classics and other buses that are good from shortage.

I mostly agree with you. I don't know why 206 is parked there, it's a bus in Average Gun Hill depot condition, sucks that they just leave it there even though it runs like any other 100 series would. Many buses can easily be brought back into service there, or easily get fixed up to in service standards (which aren't too high).

Maintenance bays all over the city are full, and most of these buses are due for overhaul.

They need to be watch very closely. Notice how they didn't go out that much of the day when they ran in December. Like someone said, the shortage isn't that bad. Just bring back Classics and other buses that are good from shortage.

I don't think the TA wants to run any ex pbl buses on NYCT routes, and for some reason they don't want the Classics out. They are suburban buses anyway, and there really isn't a shortage in that department.

• 3 weeks later...
Maintenance bays all over the city are full, and most of these buses are due for overhaul.

I don't think the TA wants to run any ex pbl buses on NYCT routes, and for some reason they don't want the Classics out. They are suburban buses anyway, and there really isn't a shortage in that department.

Plus they Have one Door that would cause alot of delay on a NYCT Local Routes.

You mean to say that they want to stay away from taking Classics out again? But then why would they have done it a few months ago if they didn't want them out?

You mean to say that they want to stay away from taking Classics out again? But then why would they have done it a few months ago if they didn't want them out?

Yeah thats what I mean. Who knows with the MTA. Were they in revenue service? I don't remember.

When green bus lines was in service they ran MCI classics on local routes. I rode on an MCI classic on the Q40 and seen them running on other local routes out of JFK depot(But never any local routes out of Farock depot though). Heres an pic of an MCI classic on the Q41.... http://www.thebergennetwork.com/na/ny/gbl/707.jpg

So, does the MTA have any ex GBL classics in storage at eastcheaster?

When green bus lines was in service they ran MCI classics on local routes. I rode on an MCI classic on the Q40 and seen them running on other local routes out of JFK depot(But never any local routes out of Farock depot though). Heres an pic of an MCI classic on the Q41.... http://www.thebergennetwork.com/na/ny/gbl/707.jpg

So, does the MTA have any ex GBL classics in storage at eastcheaster?

Yep, supposedly 5880-5893 are there.

Yeah thats what I mean. Who knows with the MTA. Were they in revenue service? I don't remember.

When the (MTA) first took them over they were, at least.

Here's a whole bunch from Bustalk.info.

I don't think the TA wants to run any ex pbl buses on NYCT routes...

Well, the GMC RTS-04s are old and some are in bad condition, and NYCT retired all of theirs, so that makes sense. But, with the ex-PBL buses that still in service, it's completely plausible. NYCT transferred some of their buses to (MTA) Bus. Who says it can't go back the other way?

Plus they Have one Door that would cause alot of delay on a NYCT Local Routes.

Ummmm... some Classics had two doors...

Here's an ex-GBL one from Bustalk.net.

I think the main reason the (MTA) does not want to run Classics is because most are not wheelchair accessible. Some are, but those are single door as you said, which probably is a factor in their retirement also.

I got most of that information from here. Just scroll down a bit until you see the Classics.

When the (MTA) first took them over they were, at least.

Here's a whole bunch from Bustalk.info.

Well, the GMC RTS-04s are old and some are in bad condition, and NYCT retired all of theirs, so that makes sense. But, with the ex-PBL buses that still in service, it's completely plausible. NYCT transferred some of their buses to (MTA) Bus. Who says it can't go back the other way?

Ummmm... some Classics had two doors...

Here's an ex-GBL one from Bustalk.net.

I think the main reason the (MTA) does not want to run Classics is because most are not wheelchair accessible. Some are, but those are single door as you said, which probably is a factor in their retirement also.

I got most of that information from here. Just scroll down a bit until you see the Classics.

Well yeah we all know that upon the take over they ran the buses, but now they are all retired. The only in service Classics that MTA would put in service are 7408, 7410, 7412, 7413, 7414, 7901, 7904. Definitely more if needed. But those buses are ADA compliant. They just don't want them to get trashed in service. I don't either really. They should only be used in special occasions. They're Classics!

The only in service Classics that MTA would put in service are 7408, 7410, 7412, 7413, 7414, 7901, 7904. Definitely more if needed. But those buses are ADA compliant. They just don't want them to get trashed in service. I don't either really. They should only be used in special occasions. They're Classics!

Yeah, those are the wheelchair accessible ones. BTW any Classics in the museum fleet?

Yeah, those are the wheelchair accessible ones. BTW any Classics in the museum fleet?

3006. I don't where it's housed

Is this shortage ever going to be fixed? Like we need those new O7's. And if MTA is really going to send buses from MTA Bus to NYCT as a temporary solution, the least they could do is send O7's not more O5's.

Claro

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484&page=3

3006. I don't where it's housed

Is this shortage ever going to be fixed? Like we need those new O7's. And if MTA is really going to send buses from MTA Bus to NYCT as a temporary solution, the least they could do is send O7's not more O5's.

It's under control, but It will be "fixed" when the new buses hit the roads.

Archived