Space Shuttle Era ends tomorrow. Thoughts?

R68 Subway Car

Stop blaming Obama for the space program ending. Its a waste of money. There building a space station so 6 people can live in it? Yeah thats a waste. They spend so much damn money for what? What hell is NASA doing for us? They hardly have any money to look for NEOs. The shuttle program ending is a great idea that is a reality tomorrow and thank god.

The way our planet is gone bonkers with extreme weather going beyond our home planet maybe needed down the road. As i stated i think future space program should be an international venture with the U.S (NASA or related agency) and maybe Russia as the leading agencies.

Stop blaming Obama for the space program ending. Its a waste of money. There building a space station so 6 people can live in it? Yeah thats a waste. They spend so much damn money for what? What hell is NASA doing for us? They hardly have any money to look for NEOs. The shuttle program ending is a great idea that is a reality tomorrow and thank god.

Some of you people are extremely ignorant. The space shuttles gave us a lot of inventions. Some things includes the Tempurpedic mattresses, invisible braces, GPS systems, telecommunications, satellites, scratch resistant lenses, ear thermometers, shoe soles, smoke detectors, a new type of landing tar for planes, cordless phones, and water filters. Instead of calling this program a waste why not call this program one of them most useful programs in history?, and hey it's way better then blowing billions of dollars everyday in the f**king Middle East, and the rest of the World, and kids are learning more, and doing better in science today then back in the 1950's, because of all the new discoveries. So maybe instead of criticizing our space program we should be encouraging it, but ignorant people like you guys rather see all these advancements go to Europe or China places that are hostile to the US. Brilliant thinking folks brilliant thinking. No wonder why our nation fails to dream with stupid people like you.

Some of you people are extremely ignorant. The space shuttles gave us a lot of inventions. Some things includes the Tempurpedic mattresses, invisible braces, GPS systems, telecommunications, satellites, scratch resistant lenses, ear thermometers, shoe soles, smoke detectors, a new type of landing tar for planes, cordless phones, and water filters. Instead of calling this program a waste why not call this program one of them most useful programs in history?, and hey it's way better then blowing billions of dollars everyday in the f**king Middle East, and the rest of the World, and kids are learning more, and doing better in science today then back in the 1950's, because of all the new discoveries. So maybe instead of criticizing our space program we should be encouraging it, but ignorant people like you guys rather see all these advancements go to Europe or China places that are hostile to the US. Brilliant thinking folks brilliant thinking. No wonder why our nation fails to dream with stupid people like you.

Dude NONE of those things has ANYTHING to do with the space shuttle or putting people out in spatial orbit. You are the one thats extremely ignorant.

I forgot where I heard it, but I love the old adage: NASA will spend millions of $ to make a pen work in space while the Russians will just use a pencil.

Although it is a funny saying, its not true either. NASA never spent any money developing a space pen. A private company did that and NASA just happens to be one of their customers.

Yes they do. The things were either launched by the shuttle, and they were developed by using parts of the shuttle. The Tempurpedic mattress for example was originally a pillow on the astronaut's seats during the Space Shuttle Missions. They were comfortable and they were turned into mattresses which are being used today.

Yes they do. The things were either launched by the shuttle, and they were developed by using parts of the shuttle. The Tempurpedic mattress for example was originally a pillow on the astronaut's seats during the Space Shuttle Missions. They were comfortable and they were turned into mattresses which are being used today.

You cant be this dumb. I am convinced you are just pretending to be.

@Roadcruiser1 ;; So you just basically told me that the space shuttle invented the cordless phone. You just stated in the post that the space shuttle itself and the space missions were responsible for the invention of the cordless phone. And you just noted that both the shuttle and the missions were responsible for the invention of shoe soles? So basically you're telling me that shoes back before the space shuttle was introduced, there were no shoe soles?

Wow, I think some of my brain cells died reading that crap.

Well it's the end of the line of the space shuttle program. It came down this morning 7/21/11 at about 6am.

Not trying to netpick but why could not NASA allow the return 'home' by at least at around 8-9am east coast time so most of America could have seen it?:eek:

And in case you missed it, the last time for possibly many years America will lead a space flight alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNiJMf0omDg

Not trying to netpick but why could not NASA allow the return 'home' by at least at around 8-9am east coast time so most of America could have seen it?:eek:

Because the Earth's orbit doesn't wait for the Shuttle. When you have a craft traveling at 26,000 km/h, it reduces the options for landing time. lol.

Shortline peole have better things to do. Its really not that serious.

Please tell me you have a brain?

Shortline peole have better things to do. Its really not that serious.

Please tell me you have a brain?

Ok 553. You may hate the space shuttle/space program along with some people. However why did the cable news channels 2 weeks ago (CNN, Fox News and MSNBC)had their tv ratings double over a normal weekday due to the launch? And record crowds in Fla. to watch the launch and even at 5-6am the return?

Yes some people may have no intrest like you but i was talking from a media point of view 553.

553 you may not agree with my stance but i do agree from here private business should run approved all future space trips and thus very little taxpayer $$$ used.

Ok 553. You may hate the space shuttle/space program along with some people. However why did the cable news channels 2 weeks ago (CNN, Fox News and MSNBC)had their tv ratings double over a normal weekday due to the launch? And record crowds in Fla. to watch the launch and even at 5-6am the return?

Yes some people may have no intrest like you but i was talking from a media point of view 553.

553 you may not agree with my stance but i do agree from here private business should run approved all future space trips and thus very little taxpayer $$$ used.

Your not the king of this Forum.

Your not the king of this Forum. You can't tell people what they post is WRONG.

Lets see young man. Not meant to be rude. You made a stupid racial comment before. Nobody is perfect. I am just an ongoing person who a teacher and says what I think. Besides the comments was directed at 553 that he can agree or not. If he does want to agree that cool. Just pointing out that this flight had high tv ratings and correcting him that no one else cares.

If I make mistake and it factual other posters have corrected me and i be the first to admit my errors.

So dont worry about it.

Archived