R-44 back in service

The Real

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on now Urban, you know you're asking a lot right?:P

LMAO! Can't blame a guy for trying. And I totally believe they're back. Maybe one full set but not a bunch. If I spot it I'll ride it for old times sake but thats about it. I got my rides once or twice a week on the (A) when I heard talk of retirement a while back.

Gotta say, I managed to embarrass myself pretty good on the (D) Train, we pulled into 59th, I looked up, the last car of that (C) was flying its ass out the station. I gasped so damn loud, the whole car turned around.

Pic or it didn't happen... I just check with a dispatcher and NO R44s ran on the (C) today. 5 (C) trains were R46s and 5 (A) trains were R32, but NO R44s.

Lemme figure out how to get this damn video off this cell phone... And my black is WILL be out there tomorrow in the heat to see if that bitch shows up again for a photo.

Lemme figure out how to get this damn video off this cell phone...

When I see it, I'll say fine your right. I did see the paper work that said those cars are officially retired so I am VERY skeptical.

Also, I have all the trains that ran on both the (A) and (C) lines today and no R44s in the mix.

When I see it, I'll say fine your right. I did see the paper work that said those cars are officially retired so I am VERY skeptical.

Also, I have all the trains that ran on both the (A) and (C) lines today and no R44s in the mix.

Just like the R-38s that were signed off on, but kept running a bit passed their "signed off" retirement date.

Just like the R-38s that were signed off on, but kept running a bit passed their "signed off" retirement date.

There has not been an R44 on the road in months, school car doesn't break people in on them, and they are a hazard. Even when school car was still breaking people in on them in the fall, they could not go past Euclid. I won't believe a word of this until I see a photo. But that's just me.

Ok, so another fan just hit me up saying there is a 5900-Series R-46 that wears a painted gray stripe similar to an R-44, Can someone confirm this as I've never seen a R-46 with a painted gray stripe?

I did not catch the car number as my train was pulling in and as I looked up I was looking at the last bit of the car and it dipped into the tunnel. So my vid on my phone only caught a bit. But another fan also has said that he saw a R-44 set yesterday as well... SO something is going on here.

And also in the two months I've seen on two occassions 4-car R-44s moving up and down the CPW dark. This is also combined with the 4-Car R42/6-Car R32 train that I ran into as well. So someone needs to shed the light on this?

Archived