R-44 back in service

The Real

R44s are not back in service so that will be a total waste of time, but there should be about 10 trains of R32s on the (A) today. A friend of mne was making up 10 car trains last night, the (C) will have a few 10 car trains today.

Well just like you did, I put my feelers out to a few people as well to find out WTF it is I saw yesterday. I'm not saying your sources are wrong, but I just know WTH I saw yesterday and I would not put myself out there like that if I wasn't sure of what I saw.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well just like you did, I put my feelers out to a few people as well to find out WTF it is I saw yesterday. I'm not saying your sources are wrong, but I just know WTH I saw yesterday and I would not put myself out there like that if I wasn't sure of what I saw.

All I can really say is that after all the people I talked to yesterday, the common theme when asked about putting R44s on the road in service was "what are you, crazy?!" Also, at 207th they might not be using horses, but at CIYD and CCYD horses must be used since most if not all have had some parts stripped off them.

All I can really say is that after all the people I talked to yesterday, the common theme when asked about putting R44s on the road in service was "what are you, crazy?!" Also, at 207th they might not be using horses, but at CIYD and CCYD horses must be used since most if not all have had some parts stripped off them.

Ok cool, see I'm not around CIYD or CCYD like that so I don't know about them two facilities but i pass 207th on my commute daily and see lots of things buzzing around that yard.

But I'm still gonna go down today for a little while and camp out just in case. If this was some sort of a one shot move and the last car was just wearing a C with maybe an employee by the last door panel, I'll accept that and will walk away from this post. But I rather be 110% sure before giving up, you know? LOL!

All of you who are going hunting in this weather, if i know who you are and I hear that you passed out from the heat waiting for a vintage train we're gonna have words.

LMFAO! Extreme Transit Fanning! Should be a TV show, with all the drama, we don't need a script!

Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I saw 3 sets of R32's on the (A) today in a short time span. There may be more. A surprise, given the R32's low air conditioning reliability and the hot weather.

I saw 2 R-32's and 3 46's I was on 5984 (C) south motor but I was going to pickup something so no pics for proof and I don't remember what the south terminal for the 32 (A) was b\c one was passing 135th while I was on the train and 1 was flying pass 72nd.I saw 2 other 46 ©'s.

R44s are not back in service so that will be a total waste of time, but there should be about 10 trains of R32s on the (A) today. A friend of mne was making up 10 car trains last night, the (C) will have a few 10 car trains today.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but I did a little digging myself, and was told less than 5 minutes ago that what Trevor saw was most likely an R44. Some kind of evaluation or something. I will try to confirm from another source, and see if this "evaluation" stuff holds true.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but I did a little digging myself, and was told less than 5 minutes ago that what Trevor saw was most likely an R44. Some kind of evaluation or something. I will try to confirm from another source, and see if this "evaluation" stuff holds true.

Consider changing your name to Det. East New York! You're batting a solid 1000 average with your investigations lately.

Consider changing your name to Det. East New York! You're batting a solid 1000 average with your investigations lately.

Lol! Someone actually said that to me the other day after I commented on the Bronx (4) train incident.

I'm very good at detective work! At one time I wanted to work for the CIA or FBI, but they don't pay enough for me! lol:p

And how in the world did you come up with that? I have the sheet with all the cars in service on both the (A) and (C) lines yesterday and there isn't an R44 there. I spoke to someone at Command Center, 207th Yard, and Pitkin Yard and NO R44s were on the road at all yesterday.

Archived