R-44 back in service

The Real

And how in the world did you come up with that? I have the sheet with all the cars in service on both the (A) and (C) lines yesterday and there isn't an R44 there. I spoke to someone at Command Center, 207th Yard, and Pitkin Yard and NO R44s were on the road at all yesterday.

As you said. "pic or it didnt happen"

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And how in the world did you come up with that? I have the sheet with all the cars in service on both the (A) and (C) lines yesterday and there isn't an R44 there. I spoke to someone at Command Center, 207th Yard, and Pitkin Yard and NO R44s were on the road at all yesterday.

The same way I "come up" with a lot of what I come up with! Same way I knew NF was getting the CNG contact before ANYONE at New Flyer actually did..... Same way I knew the buses would be LF's and not LFR's. Same way I found out about the R188's and R179's before the info went public. Same way I found out the TA was looking into repowering the OG CNG's. Same way I found out about the Bus Testing program 12 months ago.....

So if what you are saying holds true, then the person I talked to is wrong. But that is VERY rare! My info is on point 98% of the time. This could however fall in the 2% category.....

We'll get to the bottom of it sooner or later! I said I still had to confirm anyway, so we shall see.:)

The same way I "come up" with a lot of what I come up with! Same way I knew NF was getting the CNG contact before ANYONE at New Flyer actually did..... Same way I knew the buses would be LF's and not LFR's. Same way I found out about the R188's and R179's before the info went public. Same way I found out the TA was looking into repowering the OG CNG's. Same way I found out about the Bus Testing program 12 months ago.....

So if what you are saying holds true, then the person I talked to is wrong. But that is VERY rare! My info is on point 98% of the time. This could however fall in the 2% category.....

We'll get to the bottom of it sooner or later! I said I still had to confirm anyway, so we shall see.:)

I think your in your 2%, why would people at Command Center and 2 yard where the (A) and (C) lines are run out of all say that there were no R44s on the road? If either yard did put R44s on the road, that person could get in a lot of trouble. Wait a minute, it must be some big conspiracy.

I think your in your 2%, why would people at Command Center and 2 yard where the (A) and (C) lines are run out of all say that there were no R44s on the road? If either yard did put R44s on the road, that person could get in a lot of trouble. Wait a minute, it must be some big conspiracy.

I guess the same way about 12 different TA employees told me I was crazy and there was no way in hell MTA would order 90 buses each from 3 manufactures just to test!

Found out about a month ago they were just trying to hush me up because I was giving out too much info, and too many details!B)

Like I said. This could be my 2%. I'm about 2 years overdue for being wrong anyway! Maybe now is the time!:)

8 Avenue isn't that great either. Police officers do check along the area.

Not really, depends on where you go. I've taken pics ar 34th Street, 23rd Street, 14th Street and Canal Street with no problem.

Saw one heading to Far Rock just before 9am at 34th Street.

We weren't too far apart. I saw 3 this morning, two going northbound, one going to Rockaway Park.

I totally belive that this happened. INDman, you might be wrong. I hope you railfans go out and catch that vintage train fo' us! Its too hot and I only have a phone so.....

Mission failed, just telling before anyone turns into fried octopi.

Just to tell everyone...

Here's what was going on today:

~10 sets of R46 on the (C)

4 sets of R32 on the (A)

0 sets of R44's on both lines.

Trevor, not to burst your bubble but are you sure that it wasn't an illusion with the side on the stripe of the (C) train or when you glanced at the rollsign you thought it was an R44's?

btw, if you are positively sure you saw R44's yesterday then they COULD be hiding at 174 Street yard right now.

So do I have to get photos of all 10 R32s on the (A) and all the R46s on the (C)? Or will one of each be just fine.

One of each will be fine.

lol well I was talking about what you said earlier. I never said get pics of those trains, wth do I look like smh.

@4p as I said in another thread, you are a jackass.

Mission failed, just telling before anyone turns into fried octopi.

Yep, Mission Failed here, Sweaty, Soaked and Aggy as ****, I still stand by what I saw yesterday though.

This is the MTA, nothing adds up 80% of the time. Maybe I caught some dumb MOW move, but that last car had C in the sign and the side had the painted tacky gray stripe, its just ******* with me and I hate it.

Just to tell everyone...

Here's what was going on today:

~10 sets of R46 on the (C)

4 sets of R32 on the (A)

0 sets of R44's on both lines.

Trevor, not to burst your bubble but are you sure that it wasn't an illusion with the side on the stripe of the (C) train or when you glanced at the rollsign you thought it was an R44's?

btw, if you are positively sure you saw R44's yesterday then they COULD be hiding at 174 Street yard right now.

Theres no 44s out there. Most are in pieces. Car equip will not let them out of the yard. They are not safe for passenger service. There is a offical memo out on it.

Theres no 44s out there. Most are in pieces. Car equip will not let them out of the yard. They are not safe for passenger service. There is a offical memo out on it.

I'm serious not doubting you, but I've seen memos myself of other things not supposed to be happening and meanwhile, they happen.

Like I said above, I D K if this was a passenger move or a Yard move of some sort, couldn't tell if that body by the back door was a passenger or a employee, but I seriously stand by what I saw.

Maybe next week they'll run some 32 (A)s and I can get a ride out to the beach for old times sake.

I counted 7 sets while waiting at High Street today, I D K how long those are gonna be out there.

But what boggles the mind, maybe someone can shed a little light, is that why put the cars with the lowest current MDBF rating on a line already plagued with reliability issues? Does that make ANY sense?

I got some R46 (C) & R32 (A) today, if you want to you can veiw them here ;).

Though it makes me wonder if an R44 is sitting in 174 Street yard...

On my way home today, there was a 4-Car set of R44s sitting outside the Barn doors of 207th Street yard. Side signs on Not In Service.

I counted 7 sets while waiting at High Street today, I D K how long those are gonna be out there.

But what boggles the mind, maybe someone can shed a little light, is that why put the cars with the lowest current MDBF rating on a line already plagued with reliability issues? Does that make ANY sense?

Once I'm at a computer I can elaborate on what was told to me as the reason for sending 32s to the A

Answer: It's the (MTA).

Chances are it probably had something to due with getting them maintained at 207 (but that's just a guess).

For anyone who was out there hunting and didn't find anything, I apologize, I was out there too in this heat!

I'm not selfish, I made the spotting post to share the wealth. I wanted one more shot as well. But hey, can't win them all :cry: Just wish my (D) Train yesterday was a touch earlier or faster (CRAPPY ASS R-68s)

@4p as I said in another thread, you are a jackass.

Lol, yup.

Not really, depends on where you go. I've taken pics ar 34th Street, 23rd Street, 14th Street and Canal Street with no problem.

8th Av [overall] is fine as far as you can take pics without cops giving you a hard time. 6th av especially 34th is where I would avoid.

One of each will be fine.

lol well I was talking about what you said earlier. I never said get pics of those trains, wth do I look like smh.

I have never met you before, how would I know what you look like.;)

Lol, yup.

8th Av [overall] is fine as far as you can take pics without cops giving you a hard time. 6th av especially 34th is where I would avoid.

ive done 34th St Herald square recently but the Broadway Line level and 14th St-Union Square, and didnt run into any trouble, then again I wasnt hanging out there that long like I was at 8 St and Canal St (Broadway Line)

Archived