R-44 back in service

The Real

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In any case, it's interesting to hear the info from every end here, but here I'm gonna have to err on the side of "why in the name of god would the MTA put retired cars back in service?"

Good question. I was told they did it with the R38's though. Retired, sent out memos and everything, then one day out of nowhere.... BAM! R38's back in service.

ive done 34th St Herald square recently but the Broadway Line level and 14th St-Union Square, and didnt run into any trouble, then again I wasnt hanging out there that long like I was at 8 St and Canal St (Broadway Line)

The BMT platform at 34th seems fine, it's the IND platform that I usually see cops from time to time. But you go to 42nd or 23rd and below, 6th Av is fine.

I guess I could try 8th and Canal [(R) platform], but generally I don't have the patience to wait for the locals anymore and would just take pics on the express platform.

Lol. For you to actually think I wanted you to take a pic! Your post had me dying!

I'm a sarcastic motherf**ker. I went out today and saw several R46 (C) train and about 4 R32 (A). And I do have photos and some videos.

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

The BMT platform at 34th seems fine, it's the IND platform that I usually see cops from time to time. But you go to 42nd or 23rd and below, 6th Av is fine.

I guess I could try 8th and Canal [(R) platform], but generally I don't have the patience to wait for the locals anymore and would just take pics on the express platform.

you need a very fast lens to get photos on the broadway local stops because the platforms dont have the extra space like the IND ones do

Oh that's not an issue, with a 300mm lens, I can usually get a shot of the train [provided I'm not too obstructed by the columns.

Of course the train would be just entering the station, so the end result could be hit or miss in terms of clear or blurry.

do you have a 50mm f1.8 or similar prime lens?

according to what ive read 32's are on the A so they can clean them out and get them some fresh air for the HVACs..all 32 As will be going to Beach 116th.

Will or should? 2 sets went to Far Rock the set I was on the entire consist had a Rockaway Park South terminal.The other set had Far Rock and the rest idk.

FYI: The 32's A\C is not much better on the (A) than the (C).If ya don't believe me go out and ride your ride in a hell tin.;) The best or probably coolest is on the Flats but it's still stuffy.

do you have a 50mm f1.8 or similar prime lens?

I do, but generally I don't like using that lens for underground shots [unless the object is perfectly still]. I generally prefer to just use the auto setting rather than to adjust the settings manually.

what do you mean? for the Rockaway (S) or the <A> to Rockaway Park

Most likely the latter. the 5 rush hour trains.

what do you mean? for the Rockaway (S) or the <A> to Rockaway Park

the A to 116th, S won't be getting 32's lol

I wasn't there in person to see this (no time to head down there ;) ) but i read that the 32's would go down to B116th and then if necessary head up to Mott Ave via the wye track

the A to 116th, S won't be getting 32's lol

I wasn't there in person to see this (no time to head down there ;) ) but i read that the 32's would go down to B116th and then if necessary head up to Mott Ave via the wye track

do you know how long these 32s are gunna stay on the A and the 46s on the C?

-Bump-

So, did anybody EVER get any proof that R44s returned for a day on the (C)...?

TBH, I'm against this one. Those cars are a HAZARD, and can't return to service, they have been mothballed, await scrapping, so why in the WORLD would they send another set out?

-Bump-

So, did anybody EVER get any proof that R44s returned for a day on the (C)...?

TBH, I'm against this one. Those cars are a HAZARD, and can't return to service, they have been mothballed, await scrapping, so why in the WORLD would they send another set out?

Found out it wasn't in service, it was a move to 207th Street to be dis-positioned, the same set seen was spotted in the back on 207th Street two days later in front of the R12/14. It was employees on the train.

Archived