Markwin25

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Karim188 said:

its been 4 months now since they sent out list numbers and i haven't herd anything since are they still hiring from the previous Traffic Checker Exam? Also i tried calling 180 Livingston for like 2 days now but no one answers. 

When i emailed the exams unit they said the last number called was 39

• 2 weeks later...

From what I know from my co-workers, the first class for the current traffic checker exam was in December. For those that took the exam, just be patient and hopefully you get called up. I don't know the status from the 2011 Traffic Checker exam if they still calling people from that list.

Edited by bknightshadow45

I wasn't lucky with this position, as my random list number is in the 9,000s. In addition to that, MaBSTOA was still hiring off the old Traffic Checker exam from back in 2011 until just recently. I never get my hopes up for any of these civil service exams. For a job that virtually pays minimum wage, candidates are still forced to wait years before getting called. Compared to the other open competitive exams offered by transit, they didn't hire all that many people to become Traffic Checkers. I say focus your energy on finding a stable job now, because if you have a list number over 500, you're in for a long wait (2–2.5 years as an estimate).

Edited by AlgorithmOfTruth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...