Traffic Checker (MaBSTOA)

Markwin25

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Sounds cool. So, you're probably working various hours and days depending on the particular run on that depot. Man, I wish that I was working now. Congrats on the three months on the job. Question, how long is the probation period for this position? 

I mainly work the early morning shift that in the past few weeks that I been inside many depots before the driver does his run and I do the survey on the bus route I be covering.

Not bad. Have you also chose your RDO's for the week, or do you have to wait to gain some seniority in order to get your own days off?

I currently have Saturday and Sunday for my RDO's. I always have weekends off since training. Most of my training class have weekends off since most checkers for this pick have weekends off. Due to seniority you don't have a choice of the RDO's you want. How it works is that you pick a job depending on where you fall on your seniority, then whatever is left you get the RDO's that is available.

I currently have Saturday and Sunday for my RDO's. I always have weekends off since training. Most of my training class have weekends off since most checkers for this pick have weekends off. Due to seniority you don't have a choice of the RDO's you want. How it works is that you pick a job depending on where you fall on your seniority, then whatever is left you get the RDO's that is available.

That's not bad at all. I'm looking forward to this next phone call from transit, if they ever call. But, as always, we've got to be patient. If there's any other updates, please let us know of what to expect. 

Got my letter for traffic checker..im to report to livingston st on the 8th of feb. But I see its part time...but im wondering should I postpone it due to the fact im doing externship in the hospital for my school training a school well.

By the way im list num. 207

Got my letter for traffic checker..im to report to livingston st on the 8th of feb. But I see its part time...but im wondering should I postpone it due to the fact im doing externship in the hospital for my school training a school well.

By the way im list num. 207

Well, try it out and see if you can squeeze this into your schedule. If it suits you, make the move. If not, then there's no need to hold on to it. But, you'll get the experience on how this job is.

Im currently a checker...5 years in actually, hired in '07. Been through it all and let me tell you...hardest 1yr of your life...lmfao.

Cool. Give us some stories of the good, the bad, and the ugly side of things within those 5 years. It can help us out on what to look for.

Well, I went to the Human Resources department at the MTA this morning. Went through the orientation for about an hour with the trainers, and then handed in my application along with my documents. Now, all I got to do now is wait, again. They said that their next training class will take place on March 11th. That's a month from now in order for the MTA to thoroughly check everyone's background. Good luck to everyone.