Traffic Checker (MaBSTOA)

Markwin25

Got my number in the mail....I'm in the 11xxx. Jesus christ.

Well, so much for that. If they're gonna call from 0-2000, pretty sure they wont get to anyone after that.

WOW, I think everyone should be able to have a fair chance of taking the Traffic Checker exam. Only testing 2000 applicants is not a fair, I feel all exams should test all applicants that is eligible and applied to take the exam. Guess they don't want to test thousands of people like the MTA does for Station Agents, Conductors, Track Workers, Train & Bus Operators. If anyone takes the test basically like winning the lottery for an opportunity to take the exam and realistic chance of getting hired.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took the conductor exam last year and did extremely well according to the preliminary score. I contacted the exams unit and they told me they're hoping to establish the list this year so I'm not stressing this position out.

I still have two semesters left of college. It would've been nice to have this as a part time gig, but oh well I guess.

It's great that you will get on as a C/R, but will probably not get invited to take the Traffic Checker exam. It's funny how that works.. lol

Edited by Zoey

• 1 month later...

If you did not receive your admission letter by August 1, 2017, you must come to the MTA Exam Information Center located in the Lobby of 180 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 between the hours of 9 AM – 3 PM, Mondays through Fridays.

I took the exam today for Traffic Checker 7104 and i thought it would be hard but the exam is actually easy and ik all the questions when i saw them its mostly rules and regulations as a Traffic Checker,understanding military time and knowing where to place General Order posters, and filling out forms correctly.  

I took the exam today for Traffic Checker 7104 and i thought it would be hard but the exam is actually easy and ik all the questions when i saw them its mostly rules and regulations as a Traffic Checker,understanding military time and knowing where to place General Order posters, and filling out forms correctly.

That's great man @karim188 I went down to Livingston to see about my status regarding the last checker exam quite a few people I did see come in to take the test for this exam. I know you aced it I wish my number wasn't to high otherwise I'd be taking this one as well but I guess I'll have to keep taking whichever ones because I'm determined to get in by Amy means

That's great man @karim188 I went down to Livingston to see about my status regarding the last checker exam quite a few people I did see come in to take the test for this exam. I know you aced it I wish my number wasn't to high otherwise I'd be taking this one as well but I guess I'll have to keep taking whichever ones because I'm determined to get in by Amy means

The Answer key will be out for Traffic Checker Exam 7104 on December 14th 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2016 at 2:04 AM, bknightshadow45 said:

Hey everyone, just finishing up my fourth full year as a Traffic Checker. Still enjoy my job. Just want to let everyone know for those that still waiting for their list number to be called there will be a new Traffic Checker exam next year that the filing period starts in March as posted on the MTA website exam schedule for 2017. Good luck to those still waiting to be number to be called.

What's the starting pay for traffic checker?? and congrats 🙌🏿 

• +Young+ pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

did anyone else get their list number yet because im wondering when there supposed to start calling off that list. Also the proposed answer key is coming out on Thursday for anyone to check if they got their answers right. I scored an 86 on the exam and my list number is 758