Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Markwin25

Traffic Checker (MaBSTOA)

17 hours ago, Gee-Gee said:

Wow. Im sorry to hear that. Good luck u never know they may call u

Thanks! Well it's always good to have a backup plan so I filed for all of the b/o exams that came out this year.

Yea. I gotta keep that n mind. I dont know if its a guarantee I will b called for an interview. Do u know if they started calling peoplw yet?

I will def let u know. I have been trying to call to see what number they r up to. But They keep me on hold for so lomg

:angry: lol no. Shit taking forever rite??! It will be a yr in march since we started the process. Do u know what number they up to???

its been 4 months now since they sent out list numbers and i haven't herd anything since are they still hiring from the previous Traffic Checker Exam? Also i tried calling 180 Livingston for like 2 days now but no one answers. 

11 hours ago, Karim188 said:

its been 4 months now since they sent out list numbers and i haven't herd anything since are they still hiring from the previous Traffic Checker Exam? Also i tried calling 180 Livingston for like 2 days now but no one answers. 

When i emailed the exams unit they said the last number called was 39

6 hours ago, VMarie said:

When i emailed the exams unit they said the last number called was 39

so they started calling but its going to take awhile for me to get called cause my list number is 758

From what I know from my co-workers, the first class for the current traffic checker exam was in December. For those that took the exam, just be patient and hopefully you get called up. I don't know the status from the 2011 Traffic Checker exam if they still calling people from that list.

Edited by bknightshadow45

i asked an employee who is a Traffic Checker yesterday and he told me that their calling 25 people at a time for classes so this is going to be more than two years for me to get called.

Do you know what number they r up to?? I cant seem.to get through on the phone. R u serious??? Thats crazy!!! Im 4hundred n something who knows how long that can take

I wasn't lucky with this position, as my random list number is in the 9,000s. In addition to that, MaBSTOA was still hiring off the old Traffic Checker exam from back in 2011 until just recently. I never get my hopes up for any of these civil service exams. For a job that virtually pays minimum wage, candidates are still forced to wait years before getting called. Compared to the other open competitive exams offered by transit, they didn't hire all that many people to become Traffic Checkers. I say focus your energy on finding a stable job now, because if you have a list number over 500, you're in for a long wait (2–2.5 years as an estimate).

Edited by AlgorithmOfTruth
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Heiligh1 said:

Hey are you sure they are at 84 and not 54?

When i emailed the exams Unit they said 84