Should There Be A Route to the Bayonne Cruise Terminal?

I noticed that there is no bus service to the Bayonne Cruise Terminal. Do you think it is a large enough employment generator that it should have a bus line serving it?

If so, would the #6 be a good route to extend there? It could continue down Avenue C along with the #81, and then take 32nd Street->Route 440->Port Terminal Boulevard, with hourly service.

I noticed that there is no bus service to the Bayonne Cruise Terminal. Do you think it is a large enough employment generator that it should have a bus line serving it?

If so, would the #6 be a good route to extend there? It could continue down Avenue C along with the #81, and then take 32nd Street->Route 440->Port Terminal Boulevard, with hourly service.

dude the privates used to go there but were axed!!!!!! Plus the cruises there are mostly rush hour only. The only way that would work is extending the S89 no NJT route is compatible with that area to warrant changing the rtes there is also the 2 which can become a diagonal rte there if you really look at the area

dude the privates used to go there but were axed!!!!!! Plus the cruises there are mostly rush hour only. The only way that would work is extending the S89 no NJT route is compatible with that area to warrant changing the rtes there is also the 2 which can become a diagonal rte there if you really look at the area

So what was the route of the #981 (Port of Bayonne to where?)

If it was just a shuttle, then that was probably the reason why it had low ridership. Generally, I don't like shuttle-type routes: If the routes in the area can be modified so that the shuttle goes further, that would increase overall ridership.

And shuttle routes that run infrequently always get low ridership. Nobody wants to transfer to a route that runs every hour: If a bus goes missing or if the train/bus that you came from was late, you're screwed. I doubt anybody would voluntarily deal with that every day.

That's what would make it different from the #981: The #6 connects to Journal Square and serves a fairly dense part of Jersey City, which should attract more ridership.

And the #2 wouldn't be a good route to send there, since it ends at Journal Square. Why send a bus all the way from Journal Square when you have some buses ending in Greenville? (Actually, now that I look at the map, the #43, #80, and #87 all end in Greenville as well)

Seems feasible. But it that does happen, whatever route(if not the (NJT)6) that serves the Cruise Terminal should have a stop on Prospect between NJ440 and 32 St for access to the HBLR and (S89).

So what was the route of the #981 (Port of Bayonne to where?)

If it was just a shuttle, then that was probably the reason why it had low ridership. Generally, I don't like shuttle-type routes: If the routes in the area can be modified so that the shuttle goes further, that would increase overall ridership.

And shuttle routes that run infrequently always get low ridership. Nobody wants to transfer to a route that runs every hour: If a bus goes missing or if the train/bus that you came from was late, you're screwed. I doubt anybody would voluntarily deal with that every day.

That's what would make it different from the #981: The #6 connects to Journal Square and serves a fairly dense part of Jersey City, which should attract more ridership.

And the #2 wouldn't be a good route to send there, since it ends at Journal Square. Why send a bus all the way from Journal Square when you have some buses ending in Greenville? (Actually, now that I look at the map, the #43, #80, and #87 all end in Greenville as well)

to take pressure off those rtes and create a faster rte in that area serving 2 purposes at the same time.. The 87 and 80 are less reliable than the 2 and are sardine cans. Let the 2 have that ridership even if it needs the highway to do it

Seems feasible. But it that does happen, whatever route(if not the (NJT)6) that serves the Cruise Terminal should have a stop on Prospect between NJ440 and 32 St for access to the HBLR and (S89).

Agreed. I originally thought to have it make local stops with the #81, but it might slow down whatever route is extended there.

to take pressure off those rtes and create a faster rte in that area serving 2 purposes at the same time.. The 87 and 80 are less reliable than the 2 and are sardine cans. Let the 2 have that ridership even if it needs the highway to do it

I would think the #2 would get higher ridership considering that it serves fairly popular destinations (Journal Square, Harmon Cove, Secaucus Junction, etc)

In any case, I'm sure there are a lot of riders who work at the port and live in the Greenville area, so that's why one of the routes terminating there would make sense (plus, it is cheaper)

Transport Azumah provides Cruise Shuttle between Midtown and that Cruise Liberty Port Terminal.

http://www.transportazumah.com/CruiseShuttle

True, but the service idea that checkmatechamp is dealing if more for employees workng in that area.

Having it make stops along Avenue C is not too bad an idea as it provide a closer link to Journal Square. And Avenue C a wide street, so it helps.

Transport Azumah provides Cruise Shuttle between Midtown and that Cruise Liberty Port Terminal.

Well that completely eliminates need for transit to cruise terminals then sorry checkmate owell.

Agreed. I originally thought to have it make local stops with the #81, but it might slow down whatever route is extended there.

I would think the #2 would get higher ridership considering that it serves fairly popular destinations (Journal Square, Harmon Cove, Secaucus Junction, etc)

In any case, I'm sure there are a lot of riders who work at the port and live in the Greenville area, so that's why one of the routes terminating there would make sense (plus, it is cheaper)

I guess the 2 will just end at bayonne 34th HBLR for transfers with the shuttle via I-78 or 440. To prepare for service enhancements to 64/63 and other regional rtes my plan creates It is almost complete. I will start a new thread after I get answers about the old NJT routes known as 304 saddle brook to newark airport and 325 newark to vince lombardi P& R

IIRC, it's illegal to run public transit service to a cruise ship port. Can't remember why, but I will look into it now.
O well case closed then!!!!!!

we can do the :lock: dance.

My idea was to have a bus from the surrounding area serve the Bayonne Cruise Terminal. I'm sure there are workers from NJ that work there (and since people try to locate near their jobs, I'm sure there are people living in those sections of Bayonne and Jersey City that work at the cruise terminal).

True, but the service idea that checkmatechamp is dealing if more for employees workng in that area.

Having it make stops along Avenue C is not too bad an idea as it provide a direct link to Journal Square. And Avenue C a wide street, so it helps.

Exactly.

IIRC, it's illegal to run public transit service to a cruise ship port. Can't remember why, but I will look into it now.

I got the idea because, in Miami, there is the #243 bus that serves the Port of Miami during rush hours (unless the law against running transit to cruise terminals is a state law rather than a federal law)

Who comes up with these stupid laws anyway? If there is demand for service to an area, there shouldn't be a barrier to running the service.

Well that completely eliminates need for transit to cruise terminals then sorry checkmate owell.

I guess the 2 will just end at bayonne 34th HBLR for transfers with the shuttle via I-78 or 440. To prepare for service enhancements to 64/63 and other regional rtes my plan creates It is almost complete. I will start a new thread after I get answers about the old NJT routes known as 304 saddle brook to newark airport and 325 newark to vince lombardi P& R

Also, should there be a route from Bayonne to Newark Airport via I-78? It is literally 2 exits to get from Bayonne to Newark Airport (you get on at 14A, enter the NJ Turnpike at 14, and get off at Newark Airport at 13)

Maybe NJT can take over the Broadway Bus and extend the route to Newark Airport.

O well case closed then!!!!!!

we can do the :lock: dance.

No let's do the "keep it open" dance.

My idea was to have a bus from the surrounding area serve the Bayonne Cruise Terminal. I'm sure there are workers from NJ that work there (and since people try to locate near their jobs, I'm sure there are people living in those sections of Bayonne and Jersey City that work at the cruise terminal).

Exactly.

I got the idea because, in Miami, there is the #243 bus that serves the Port of Miami during rush hours (unless the law against running transit to cruise terminals is a state law rather than a federal law)Who comes up with these stupid laws anyway? If there is demand for service to an area, there shouldn't be a barrier to running the service.

Also, should there be a route from Bayonne to Newark Airport via I-78? It is literally 2 exits to get from Bayonne to Newark Airport (you get on at 14A, enter the NJ Turnpike at 14, and get off at Newark Airport at 13)

Maybe NJT can take over the Broadway Bus and extend the route to Newark Airport.

No let's do the "keep it open" dance.

That 243 I tried to use it last year it's DUMB cause There are many cruises that run outside rush hr and weekends It ought to run!!!!!!!! Forced my family to either use the rip off charter bus or the taxi!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't forgive that line. I remember it well I had a felling that was where you got that idea!!!!

NAH about the broadway bus that line isn't compatible with the travel path towards the airport. Instead I would try using the 6 line to do it. There is another method I used to get NJT's attention. However the broadway bus won't hack it. The broadway bus should go on rte 440 and rte 1/9 to act like a quick line it will help 88 north of 32nd on select runs due to fear of bad on-time performance. But look again the broadway bus is NOT compatible with newark airport.

That 243 I tried to use it last year it's DUMB cause There are many cruises that run outside rush hr and weekends It ought to run!!!!!!!! Forced my family to either use the rip off charter bus or the taxi!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't forgive that line. I remember it well I had a felling that was where you got that idea!!!!

NAH about the broadway bus that line isn't compatible with the travel path towards the airport. Instead I would try using the 6 line to do it. There is another method I used to get NJT's attention. However the broadway bus won't hack it. The broadway bus should go on rte 440 and rte 1/9 to act like a quick line it will help 88 north of 32nd on select runs due to fear of bad on-time performance. But look again the broadway bus is NOT compatible with newark airport.

The same thing happened with my family on the #243. The first time, the cruise left in the afternoon (so we arrived around 1PM), and when we got back to Miami, the stupid people at the cruise terminal didn't know where the bus stopped, so we had to take a taxi. :mad: It would've cost me and my mon $4 rather than close to $20.

The second time we went to Miami, we left at around 11AM, which was after the #243 stopped running. Going back, I wanted to take it (I actually found the bus stop that time), but my mother insisted on taking a taxi. I had to watch it go by as my mother looked for one. :mad:

The problem with the #6 going to Newark Airport is that it still doesn't provide a one-seat ride to/from Newark Airport. Remember: Not everybody is willing to transfer. The new route should be something serving Bayonne, and the Broadway Bus is the only route entirely within Bayonne.

By the way, for your plan, I assume you mean 32nd Street in Union City, not 32nd Street in Bayonne, correct?

:confused:

Yeah, do you intend on the line to go to Newark Airport or Union City?

:confused:

Yeah, do you intend on the line to go to Newark Airport or Union City?

6 to newark airport then to middlesex county to replace parts of an 8xx rte Or something else to help with traffic on 287. Union city for broadway bus. Actuallt I would prefer the 80 or 87 or 126 to go to the airport. The 126 gets renumbered 305 split in 4 variants and 2 variants go to monmouth cty 2 others to mercer that part however I am not sure cause I don't want to add too much time and make the rte too indirect. No need for too much twists and turns I was repremanded by planning guy for that so I had to change it several times.

6 to newark airport then to middlesex county to replace parts of an 8xx rte Or something else to help with traffic on 287. Union city for broadway bus. Actuallt I would prefer the 80 or 87 or 126 to go to the airport. The 126 gets renumbered 305 split in 4 variants and 2 variants go to monmouth cty 2 others to mercer that part however I am not sure cause I don't want to add too much time and make the rte too indirect. No need for too much twists and turns I was repremanded by planning guy for that so I had to change it several times.

Or we could just stick to the idea originally suggested by checkmatechamp.

Look man, I gotta give you the horrible truth. Thats not ever gonna happen. There is a reason that the 6 route was made, and that was to replace a Red and Tan route that was eliminated. Making it go to Middlesex County; let alone Newark Airport is as much as a bad idea as letting a monkey drive a PATH train. 80,87,or 126 to the airport?!?! No way, that is not ever happening. Those routes have one place to be and one place only, Hudson County. Why would you want 4 variants for that route?! If ppl wanna get from mercer county to the airport they'll ride the:nec:. As for Monmouth County, they can take the :njc: or the 67!!!

Bayonne Cruise Terminal is not busy enough to warrant a bus line to run from else where.

Also, Academy runs a shuttle within the terminal for buses that go in and out to pick up and discharge pax from other cities, and also for those with cars who drove.

Broadway Bus has a bus that heads that way for Bayonne residents and I guess employees of the terminal so there's your bus line right there.

Look man, I gotta give you the horrible truth. Thats not ever gonna happen. There is a reason that the 6 route was made, and that was to replace a Red and Tan route that was eliminated. Making it go to Middlesex County; let alone Newark Airport is as much as a bad idea as letting a monkey drive a PATH train. 80,87,or 126 to the airport?!?! No way, that is not ever happening. Those routes have one place to be and one place only, Hudson County. Why would you want 4 variants for that route?! If ppl wanna get from mercer county to the airport they'll ride the:nec:. As for Monmouth County, they can take the :njc: or the 67!!!

That's the worst I've seen from him yet. Completely nonsensical.

Bayonne Cruise Terminal is not busy enough to warrant a bus line to run from else where.

Also, Academy runs a shuttle within the terminal for buses that go in and out to pick up and discharge pax from other cities, and also for those with cars who drove.

Broadway Bus has a bus that heads that way for Bayonne residents and I guess employees of the terminal so there's your bus line right there.

According to the schedule, there aren't any Broadway Buses that serve the Bayonne Cruise Terminal: http://www.bayonnenj.org/pdf/bus.pdf

According to the schedule, there aren't any Broadway Buses that serve the Bayonne Cruise Terminal: http://www.bayonnenj.org/pdf/bus.pdf

Heh heh, whats posted on the internet and what actually happens on the road are two different things. lol

I use to see them last year and the year before when I was constantly in Bayonne. They never went all the way to the terminal, either drop off was by the 34th Street HBLR station parking lots or they'll leave you across Route 440.

That's the worst I've seen from him yet. Completely nonsensical.

Ya know when I read that crap I thought I was seeing shyt. I read it twice and I was shocked at what I saw. I mean seriously, 4 variants of a 126 and renamed to a 305. I mean wow.

Archived