Should There Be A Route to the Bayonne Cruise Terminal?

Or we could just stick to the idea originally suggested by checkmatechamp.

Even if CC13's idea is improbable or impossible (as ENY points out), I still agree with this post of yours, Q101.....

dude is notorious for jackin someone's thread with his foolish & ill-thought out ideas....

Heh heh, whats posted on the internet and what actually happens on the road are two different things. lol

I use to see them last year and the year before when I was constantly in Bayonne. They never went all the way to the terminal, either drop off was by the 34th Street HBLR station parking lots or they'll leave you across Route 440.

That doesn't do you much good, though. You still have well over a mile from the train station to the place where the actual ships are.

Look man, I gotta give you the horrible truth. Thats not ever gonna happen. There is a reason that the 6 route was made, and that was to replace a Red and Tan route that was eliminated. Making it go to Middlesex County; let alone Newark Airport is as much as a bad idea as letting a monkey drive a PATH train. 80,87,or 126 to the airport?!?! No way, that is not ever happening. Those routes have one place to be and one place only, Hudson County. Why would you want 4 variants for that route?! If ppl wanna get from mercer county to the airport they'll ride the:nec:. As for Monmouth County, they can take the :njc: or the 67!!!

thanks for letting me know to tell the truth that was the part that scared me the most I used the 126 recently and figured that it is NOT compatible with the highway network. I was looking at historical routes like the 304 and 325 if you know what those are And was thinking crosstown rtes based on GSP would be a much more feasable idea.

Bayonne Cruise Terminal is not busy enough to warrant a bus line to run from else where.

Also, Academy runs a shuttle within the terminal for buses that go in and out to pick up and discharge pax from other cities, and also for those with cars who drove.

Broadway Bus has a bus that heads that way for Bayonne residents and I guess employees of the terminal so there's your bus line right there.

Ya know when I read that crap I thought I was seeing shyt. I read it twice and I was shocked at what I saw. I mean seriously, 4 variants of a 126 and renamed to a 305. I mean wow.

I know that was why It was dropped from the first draft of my paper the NJT guy scolded me for it.

By any chance, were you able to look into that law, ENY?

I can't find it anywhere, but I'm still looking.

I remember reading about how some TA had service to a cruise ship port, and the Feds shut it down. I can't remember what state, but it wasn't NY or NJ.

I'll find it.

I can't find it anywhere, but I'm still looking.

I remember reading about how some TA had service to a cruise ship port, and the Feds shut it down. I can't remember what state, but it wasn't NY or NJ.

I'll find it.

The cruise line was paying Sunset Empire Transportation District $47 per hour to shuttle cruise patrons to and from the pier. This was considered by the Feds to be charter service and they told them to stop or forfeit federal money. There is nothing to stop NJT from serving the facility. We are an on-demand service, so nothing the public would do would affect us too much.

The cruise line was paying Sunset Empire Transportation District $47 per hour to shuttle cruise patrons to and from the pier. This was considered by the Feds to be charter service and they told them to stop or forfeit federal money. There is nothing to stop NJT from serving the facility. We are an on-demand service, so nothing the public would do would affect us too much.

Thanks! That just made it much easier to find the article I was talking about. I couldn't remember any of the details.

Thanks! That just made it much easier to find the article I was talking about. I couldn't remember any of the details.

What gave the story legs was that SETD allegedly had a problem with managing money, forcing them to ax chunks of their bus system. Meanwhile, these cruise shuttles were being run in competition with the private sector. I should be fair and state that I am not sure if a willing and able provider was available.

Archived